Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toprad

A Hundred bucks for the HMS HOOD???

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

14 posts in this topic

It's great to see a legendary ship like the Hood in this game.  She was an awesome ship in her time, lost way too soon and way too catastrophically.  What bugs me is the price for an "Ultimate" package for the Hood, and no lower-level packages apparently available.  I'd love to own that ship, but dropping a C-note for her is a bit much for a single game piece in a video game.  Especially when it's not a max-tier (IX-X) ship.  Ironically enough the Tirpitz premium ship is about half the price of the Hood, and that's the sister ship of the ship that blew the Hood up!

I love to see these historic ships in this game, but I think WOWS really needs to do a sanity check on this one, or at least offer some lower priced packages like they do on other premiums.  A hundred bucks is just way too much.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Wow OPRAD, a picture of Chesty Puller with the words Seaman Recruit over it. Know it's off-topic, but it struck my eye and...

Edited by Seamus_44

Wow OPRAD, a picture of Chesty Puller with the words Seaman Recruit over it. Know it's off-topic, but it struck my eye and...

​Fair enough...I'm a retired (recovering) Marine, and all Marines revere Chesty, at least they should in my opinion.  I am new to the Forums, and was looking for an avatar for my profile.  Didn't see the seaman recruit thing until you mentioned it, but I would guess it relates to me being new to the forums and not having many posts.  Chesty would see the irony too I'm sure.  Semper FI!

"Look for a new special Hood bundle each weekend until June 7, while the Basic Hood Bundle starts June 7 when the Bismarck event is over, and ends June 16!"

Come on man read the announcement.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/hood-stuff-with-friends/

​Got it, thanks.  I just saw a YouTube video that the Hood was finally available and went straight to the premium ship web page on the Wargaming site.  Didn't stop to read the announcement.  Thanks for redirecting me.  That said, it's still overpriced! 

Hey

Went to the premium shop this morning and what a surprise.  The discount price for the Hood Ultimate and Loaded bundles are gone; Ultimate was $99.99 and now is $134.00 US and Loaded was $79.99 and is now $104.00.  At least Wargaming could have put a disclaimer stating discounted prices were only good through 5/30/17, but nothing, only the June 7th date is posted.  Rather a disservice for those still thinking of buying a possible package.  I was told on the forums that the High School Fleet may be coming out with the Graf Spee which I wanted, at the end of may, so I waited, and when the G.S. didn't show so I thought maybe of buying the Hood instead.  But, so much for buying the Hood package at those prices, guess I will just stick with my mostly German fleet.

Pete

​Fair enough...I'm a retired (recovering) Marine, and all Marines revere Chesty, at least they should in my opinion.  I am new to the Forums, and was looking for an avatar for my profile.  Didn't see the seaman recruit thing until you mentioned it, but I would guess it relates to me being new to the forums and not having many posts.  Chesty would see the irony too I'm sure.  Semper FI!

1st) Thanks for your Service Brother - from a old Gator Sailor.

2nd) 100% agree about the Hood, there was NO WAY I could afford (or talk the wife into) buying it BUT she did let me get the Warspite :)

Hey

I see they have corrected the Hood bundle pricing; it's back to the original pricing of $99.99 for the Hood Ultimate and $79.99 for Hood Loaded.  Haven't looked at the Dunkerque yet.

Pete 

1st) Thanks for your Service Brother - from a old Gator Sailor.

2nd) 100% agree about the Hood, there was NO WAY I could afford (or talk the wife into) buying it BUT she did let me get the Warspite :)

Thank you for yours as well. I did four pumps on gators... total respect for you guys. Got us there and got us home. And I agree with you... my spouse is a sailor, and she would knock me crosseyed If I tried to spend that much $$ on a video game, much less a piece of one. Semper Fi!

Hey

I see they have corrected the Hood bundle pricing; it's back to the original pricing of $99.99 for the Hood Ultimate and $79.99 for Hood Loaded.  Haven't looked at the Dunkerque yet.

Pete 

Hey

Pete 

Yeah... I'm still waiting for the cheap one... under 50 bucks. That's more my speed. I can grind it out to get the add on's without spending the extra $$.

Thank you for yours as well. I did four pumps on gators... total respect for you guys. Got us there and got us home. And I agree with you... my spouse is a sailor, and she would knock me crosseyed If I tried to spend that much $$ on a video game, much less a piece of one. Semper Fi!

JUST Crosseyed!!!

WoW she must really love ya LOL :)

You marines are a great bunch also, I have a couple of ex-marines where I work we tease the heck out of each other :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0