Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pope_Shizzle

Best Upgrade Ever - New 6.5.0 Torpedo Nets

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

49 posts in this topic

So, opened my first crate of teh day and it was a SC.  Great, I thought, another useless upgrade module.  Then I saw that it was the new torpedo net module usable only by BB's.  Decided to try it out on my Montana.  About 8 minutes into the game I had a Fletcher charge at me from around a corner trying to sneak a suicide torpedo run on me.  Full 10 torpedo salvo from 300 meters.  Thankfully, I had the new torpedo net upgrade mounted and not only did I catch his fish, as the Fletcher was trying to avoid my ram attempt, the nets caught the Fletcher as well!!!  Spent the rest of the game driving around with a red Fletcher hanging off my port side.  Ended up getting killed by a friendly Yamato who didn't quite understand that his shells that missed the Fletcher were going to hit me.  As I sank, the Fletcher got loose from my nets and torped the Yammy for some karmic justice.  Was pretty epic.

#BestUpgradeEver

#ThanksWG

Lol.  Just imagining your scenario in game was highly amusing.

...what? Torpedo nets? Really?

Yeah.  The upgrade fits into the 6th slot, taking the place of camo/target acquisition.  It gives you an extra single use consumable (2 if you premium it and 3 if you also have superintendent).  When you deploy the nets, you get a 10 second immunity to torpedos.  I didn't know that the nets also caught ships passing by as well!!  It's on a 150 second cooldown.  Which is also the similar cooldown as Shima torps.  I'm surprised the DD Mafia isn't out in force crying about more IJN DD nerfs.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I am so very skeptical about these torpedo nets, are these the "new weapons" WG was talking about? 

Well IMO I'd run concealment anyway, not digging these nets. 

Edited by admiral_noone

I am so very skeptical about these torpedo nets, are these the "new weapons" WG was talking about? 

Well IMO I'd run concealment anyway, not digging these nets

I wouldn't call them "weapons", but they are certainly a pretty neat gimmick.

What I really about torpedo nets, is that my speed goes from 30+ knots down to about 5 knots in about 100m, which makes it even easier to dodge torp bombers.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Err... It's not April 1st?

Edit: dammit, got sniped :)

Edited by gurudennis

Err... It's not April 1st?

Edit: dammit, got sniped :)

He's trying to pull everyone's taffy, right?

So, opened my first crate of teh day and it was a SC.  Great, I thought, another useless upgrade module.  Then I saw that it was the new torpedo net module usable only by BB's.  Decided to try it out on my Montana.  About 8 minutes into the game I had a Fletcher charge at me from around a corner trying to sneak a suicide torpedo run on me.  Full 10 torpedo salvo from 300 meters.  Thankfully, I had the new torpedo net upgrade mounted and not only did I catch his fish, as the Fletcher was trying to avoid my ram attempt, the nets caught the Fletcher as well!!!  Spent the rest of the game driving around with a red Fletcher hanging off my port side.  Ended up getting killed by a friendly Yamato who didn't quite understand that his shells that missed the Fletcher were going to hit me.  As I sank, the Fletcher got loose from my nets and torped the Yammy for some karmic justice.  Was pretty epic.

#BestUpgradeEver

#ThanksWG

Your story failed when you claimed to catch the Fletcher, 10 secs isn't going to give you time to catch the torps and the ship too. Nor would 10 secs allow you to drag the ship around for the rest of the game....4/10. 

Your story failed when you claimed to catch the Fletcher, 10 secs isn't going to give you time to catch the torps and the ship too. Nor would 10 secs allow you to drag the ship around for the rest of the game....4/10. 

It's pretty funny as far as [edited]and bull stories go here though. 

I think the proper spelling of that upgrade's name is Torpedo Nyet, comrade.

Pope, what are you smoking, because I think I'd like some of that after today's horrific struggle with MM.

Can confirm, Torpedo Net is hilarious. Div'd with Pope for a few games after he got it. Saw him drag a Yugamo for a ringer until a friendly gearing shot it to death.

Also ate all the torps from a Hindy Drive by. Hindy got me with the other racks :(

Why would the OP think putting a post about the game getting an anti-torpedo mechanism be one that would cause a reaction; surely it doesn't happen enough for people to consider it to be true?

The fact he uses the unbelievable 'BB only' consumable angle, as if the BB class is always getting buffs and this would therefore not be a surprise to many, is wrong again! BB rarely get buffs!

Poor attempt. :)

Torpedo nets...whilst UNDERWAY?!!!

Jesus H. Christ...If this is true then this game is sinking further into the mire of dumbness with every so-called "upgrade".

I'm surprised the DD Mafia isn't out in force crying about more IJN DD nerfs. 

Give 'em time, they will. Loud, clear, and very salty!

I'd love to get those nets for my ships.  :playing:

Torpedo nets...whilst UNDERWAY?!!!

Jesus H. Christ...If this is true then this game is sinking further into the mire of dumbness with every so-called "upgrade".

​do you really believe that ? :teethhappy:

Just tested it in the training room and a Khabarovsk at full honk can make it through the net for a ram. Just a PSA for all who mount the module.

Seriously? That's some sort of awesome, though didn't they do away with nets before WWII?

Just got my torpedo net. Came from a consumables supercontainer.

Well IMO I'd run concealment anyway, not digging these nets.

I think the new weapon they discussed is the rocket thingies on the Hood. AA weapons, Jingles talks about them in his video review about the Hood.

Give 'em time, they will. Loud, clear, and very salty!

I'd love to get those nets for my ships.  :playing:

But isn't that the point of the thread; that's why it is so hilarious!

In the name of balance I'm gonna release a thread about the DE skill being raised by 1% next week. Now that will cause the BB community to combust lol. :great:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0