Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sumkum

Hoods focused....cruisers yolo.....record BB queues...

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

41 posts in this topic

I love the beginning of a new event! It is really bringing about some hilarious play....so...what level of crazy have you witnessed as the Hunt for the Bismarck begins?

By no means record BB queues!  I remember the day the German battleships came out, I was in my Nassau in a queue of 400 battleships.

I saw one Bismarck open fire immediately into a friendly Hood....everyone starting laughing

Seen 1 hood,  Umteen million Bismarcks, including myself, and a googleplex of complete morons LoL.

they look like warspites that are easier to hit and deal less damage.

I didn't see ANY Hoods.  However, there were so many BB's in queue, that I completely gave up trying to play one and switched to cruisers- I'm not waiting that long for a game...   With a cruiser, it was an insta-match.

As for hilarious or sad play, I did see BB's hiding behind islands, half the team get wiped off the map in the first few minutes; whining in chat about bad RNG- BEFORE any enemies were spotted, etc etc etc.  I was also the only tier 6 on my team, and both rosters were filled to the brim with Scharnhorsts, Belfasts, etc.

I must confess to using my Belfast to complete tasks....im sure everyone has the same idea. The tking against Hoods continues! It's a riot!

Other than the couple of tasks that require a BB, the rest can use any ships you like above tier 5.

Sounds like a fun night for Shiratsuyus and Akatsukis.

I was running Scharnhorst and saw quite a few hoods. Several battles had two on each side. They are HP machines...I got one for over 95k Damage and still didn't sink it before the end of the match.

Cruiser yolo? Blame the "Being the first to spot 6 ships... with a cruiser" task. :trollface:

As of last night - I have seen better game play on the whole.

a googleplex of complete morons LoL.

Fortunately,most of them were on the enemy teams last night:)

I went to queue up in a CA last night, saw the 75+ BBs waiting in the queue and quickly left the queue.  

I went to queue up in a CA last night, saw the 75+ BBs waiting in the queue and quickly left the queue.  

That's nothing, I saw 168,left and got my Mahan.

That's nothing, I saw 168,left and got my Mahan.

I thought about doing that, I bet it was fun.

I played a couple games in the Iowa and then dropped back to tier 5 and 6 with the T-22 and Leander to cycle games faster.  I'll probably stick to DDs and cruisers until the BB queue drops to something manageable or I run into a BB required mission.

For me I plan the following strategy;

1). For any task that requires pure EXP total I will be running the Amagi with full flags and cammo.

2). For any task that requires main battery hits I will be running the Cleveland

3). For pure damage totals I will run the Amagi / Scharnhorst in case I am sunk early in a fight and need to switch over for the next battle.

4). Rinse repeat and combine if possible.

My hope is to get the Bismarck by the end of the weekend if at all possible. Full disclosure, I haven't' read through each stage yet so not sure if I will need to modify the above approach.

Row

1st mission has 50 main battery hits as a task, but requires a BB.

First hood i saw i launched torps at..  Killed him in 1 volley in first 4 min of game.  (Was in Fubuki)

Was a fun night for DD's and Cruisers.

Fortunately,most of them were on the enemy teams last night:)

​You must have been facing my teams. Almost every team I was on tried to lemming-train up the side of the map to the red base and left ours completely undefended. The results were ... predictable. Took the whole night to get two wins and survive them both. It felt like a weekend. :( The queue times were longer than normal (too many BBs in the queue) but by MMO standards they were miniscule. I found out that I do like Hood. It plays like Scharnhorst, but faster and with no torpedoes. The turret rotation buff makes it pleasant to operate.

1st mission has 50 main battery hits as a task, but requires a BB.

That was simple. Took the Alabama out and came back with 46 hits, 2 citadels hits, 105854 dmg, 4 sunk (2 BBs and 2 CAs), 4627 xp and 434534 payout. Next up was Colorado to finish that op.

Haven't met a single Hood yet.

They burn remarkably well :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0