Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abo89

Also, thanks from a poor young adult.

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

59 posts in this topic

I've never had a problem buying a ship, but after the Santa crates, I've had a problem finding a ship to buy 

I've never had a problem buying a ship, but after the Santa crates, I've had a problem finding a ship to buy 

That's the thing about buying ships VS just premium and dablooms. I'm not a collector so I'd only buy a ship for 2 reasons. A) it's simply strong for its tier or B) it churns out XP/Silver.

Congrats and respect to all you nice people (Misanthrope and Baron espec.). What a great gaming community! Such a far cry from most...

Congrats and respect to all you nice people (Misanthrope and Baron espec.). What a great gaming community! Such a far cry from most...

Yea I was thinking the same thing. I've never had another community like this one.

It's refreshing to see a newer player asking honest questions and being polite. :)

It's refreshing to see a newer player asking honest questions and being polite. :)

Hey hey hey. New-"ish"

As someone still struggling to find that career job. I wanna thank all who use premium so broke blokes like me can play. Y'all the real MVPs, even if I think y all crazy paying so much for a single ship.

Good luck and best wishes on landing a career that you like.

I need you to do that so you can pay into the Ponzi Scheme called Social Security and there by part of my retirement:)  

I have been pouring money into this game at an alarming rate since CBT :teethhappy:

No buyer's remorse what so ever.

And yes I have the $99 dollar version of the Hood. I debated with myself over whether or not to wait for a cheaper bundle. This self-debate took place while clicking the buy button and waiting for the thank you message from paypal.

That's completely true and something I never thought about. If anything I have enjoyed learning the game and it taking me a little longer to get stuff. I get more time to learn each ship because of that so there def is silver lining. The biggest thing was not having premium ships to quickly train captains on. By the good graces of ppl here, I now have a Cambletown and a SIMS to use for UK and USN respectively. That's huge for me.

You will love the Sims if you love dd's. It is my favorite DD.

Such a refreshing thread. OP, eventually you'll reach a point in life where time means more than money. Enjoy your time!

+1 mate. Well said o7

You will love the Sims if you love dd's. It is my favorite DD.

Yea, I'm really looking forward to it. I'm gonna try to use it to grind through the entire USN line, bar maybe the CVs. I need to be a more rounded player. Honestly though I'll probably drop some cash into the game once I have a Can that can run the game better than low settings with 25fps haha.

Abo89, I sent you a gift of 7 days premium. Enjoy and thanks again for this refreshing thread. Nothing like started the weekend with a smile on my face :)

Cheers mate o7

Abo89, I sent you a gift of 7 days premium. Enjoy and thanks again for this refreshing thread. Nothing like started the weekend with a smile on my face :)

Cheers mate o7

Greatly appreciated, but really guys. If you read the post, please don't send me anything else. I've received plenty already. 2 ships, 3 months prem and 1250 dablooms...thats enough haha

Greatly appreciated, but really guys. If you read the post, please don't send me anything else. I've received plenty already. 2 ships, 3 months prem and 1250 dablooms...thats enough haha

You're welcome. Enjoy your weekend and your new toys. Please let me know how you like the Sims. I'm thinking of picking it up for myself :izmena:

You're welcome. Enjoy your weekend and your new toys. Please let me know how you like the Sims. I'm thinking of picking it up for myself :izmena:

I def will do. As much as I love the Farragut I'm sure I'm gonna like her and her sea mines. I'm gonna have to get creative with them. Although I surprisingly had a lot of success with the other 5.5km USN Torps setups.

Yea, I'm really looking forward to it. I'm gonna try to use it to grind through the entire USN line...

I hope you mean just grinding the captain for retraining.

If you actually try to grind the ships themselves, you'll be spending a lot of money to convert XP.

If you grind the captain when you AREN'T retraining, every game you play is a game not grinding new ships. (unless again, you're spending money to convert XP. Just to give an example, converting XP to go from a Tier 5 ship to a Tier 6 will cost you about 1400 doubloons.

The other issue is, if you're using the Sims to grind a US BB captain, you're playing a DD using a BB skill set. So you won't have Last Stand, the skill that gives more HP, or anything to do with torpedoes, for starters.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I hope you mean just grinding the captain for retraining.

If you actually try to grind the ships themselves, you'll be spending a lot of money to convert XP.

If you grind the captain when you AREN'T retraining, every game you play is a game not grinding new ships. (unless again, you're spending money to convert XP. Just to give an example, converting XP to go from a Tier 5 ship to a Tier 6 will cost you about 1400 doubloons.

The other issue is, if you're using the Sims to grind a US BB captain, you're playing a DD using a BB skill set. So you won't have Last Stand, the skill that gives more HP, or anything to do with torpedoes, for starters.

I do mean just captains. Honestly I do well "enough" with 0 point captains so I'm not worried about having certain skills. Obviously, my highest tier ship before the sims was my Farragut so I've only gotten up to mid tiers. I have yet until recently used last stand so I've learned to live even without that. I know it will be hard, but I only need to do one for each line and I'll just move him between the ships in each class. 

It's funny cause I literally don't use any of of the skills you just mentioned lol.

Edited by Abo89

When I first came to WoWs I was amazed how friendly and nice the community is. People in-game were very polite and helping which was something I haven't seen elsewhere before. This thread just brings out those memories and warms my heart. 

I do mean just captains. Honestly I do well "enough" with 0 point captains so I'm not worried about having certain skills. Obviously, my highest tier ship before the sims was my Farragut so I've only gotten up to mid tiers. I have yet until recently used last stand so I've learned to live even without that. I know it will be hard, but I only need to do one for each line and I'll just move him between the ships in each class. 

It's funny cause I literally don't use any of of the skills you just mentioned lol.

Lol fair enough, was just the way I read it. You'll probably do more than one captain per line though, as you'll probably run into ships along the way you want to keep. For example, I've used Graf Spee to not only retrain my captain moving from Gneis to Bis and Yorck to Hipper, but to move captains from Konig to Bayern, Bayern to Gneis, and Konigsberg to Yorck.

I just used those skills as examples, I don't play a lot of DD myself. Although AFAIK, LS is pretty much a must-have for DDs, and a lot use the extra HP skill. I use Torp Acceleration on my Mahan, because I'm used to not launching torps from concealment, and faster torps help.

When I first came to WoWs I was amazed how friendly and nice the community is. People in-game were very polite and helping which was something I haven't seen elsewhere before. This thread just brings out those memories and warms my heart. 

Yup, this thread is a perfect example of how the OP sets the tone for the entire discussion.

As a Senior Senior (1944 model), my funds for this game are also limited. Since CBT the only Premium ship I have bought is the Terp. I can afford Premium most months, and it does increase my progress. However, I will still play even if I can no longer buy Premium because I'm a history buff, and I enjoy playing with a wide range of people of all ages.

The other night I was in a Division with two college age clan mates. They lived 100's of miles apart and didn't  know each other, but they were both car guys. Their discussion brought me back to the late 50's when most guys their age were crazy about cars. That's not common today, and I enjoyed it, even though my reference was big V-8's and replacing stock mufflers with burnt out glass-packs, while they were interested in high revving V6s with turbochargers.

A worn out knee,  a backlog of unfinished books, and a single car for me and grandma, limit my outside activities. The two hours I spend in-game each night has opened a group of friends from all over that I value. While there are some toxic players, they are a much smaller percentage than I saw in WOT or Navy Field. Being a part of a Clan that does not tolerate that kind of behavior helps a lot.

I'll stop rambling now, but I want to say thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. ABO89, I'm on every evening between 2100 and 2300 PST. I'll be happy to Division with you anytime if you don't mind playing with an old guy with a perpetual 42% win rate, and who has been known to ramble.

CaptnAndy and Abo..  Check your accounts or account emails. 

Well I like your enthusiasm, but for the love of god please train those commanders.  :)   Check your account.  Sent you a little something to help with that.

As a Senior Senior (1944 model), my funds for this game are also limited. Since CBT the only Premium ship I have bought is the Terp. I can afford Premium most months, and it does increase my progress. However, I will still play even if I can no longer buy Premium because I'm a history buff, and I enjoy playing with a wide range of people of all ages.

The other night I was in a Division with two college age clan mates. They lived 100's of miles apart and didn't  know each other, but they were both car guys. Their discussion brought me back to the late 50's when most guys their age were crazy about cars. That's not common today, and I enjoyed it, even though my reference was big V-8's and replacing stock mufflers with burnt out glass-packs, while they were interested in high revving V6s with turbochargers.

A worn out knee,  a backlog of unfinished books, and a single car for me and grandma, limit my outside activities. The two hours I spend in-game each night has opened a group of friends from all over that I value. While there are some toxic players, they are a much smaller percentage than I saw in WOT or Navy Field. Being a part of a Clan that does not tolerate that kind of behavior helps a lot.

I'll stop rambling now, but I want to say thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. ABO89, I'm on every evening between 2100 and 2300 PST. I'll be happy to Division with you anytime if you don't mind playing with an old guy with a perpetual 42% win rate, and who has been known to ramble.

Thanks for sharing Captn. I def will look you up at least on the weekends. Btw, some of us 20 year olds still love V-8 superchargers lol.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0