Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Abo89

Question about captains if you don't use gold

34 comments in this topic

Members
1,464 posts
806 battles

Should I continue to move them up with each new ship or just start off from scratch at every tier, even with the disadvantage.

Members
1,464 posts
806 battles

I think I usually buy a three point captain around tier four and then transfer him as I go.

Thanks. I literally have 0 gold. I think that's what I did with my USN line too. It was about a year ago though. 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
454 posts
10,431 battles

Just keep moving him up each tier unless you really like that ship, once he gets to max level easy to level all the other captains

Members
1,464 posts
806 battles

Just keep moving him up each tier unless you really like that ship, once he gets to max level easy to level all the other captains

You don't need gold to convert his xp?

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Move em up. Retraining for free or credits isn't too bad up until you're moving from 6 to 7. That's what I do.

Scraping up a bit of cash for retraining will save you a lot of frustration. That's about all I spend on. 10 bucks will handle 4 retrains.

Alternatively, it's probably cheaper just to buy a low-tier premium, and use it for any captain of that nation. Then you can free/credit retrain in a low-stress environment without sacrificing skill advantages.

Also, if there's an event that awards a free premium, do whatever you have to to complete it. Katori and Spee are very helpful to me. And keep an eye out, sometimes you can find codes for free low-tier premiums.

If gold is not an option. move them up anyway. I don't know the exact numbers offhand, but I believe that you'll play fewer games with the skill penalties than you would to get a captain up from scratch, and you'll still benefit from some of your skills. (ie. AFT will still boost range 10%, MFCS will still reduce your dispersion 30%, etc.)

Members
1,464 posts
806 battles

Move em up. Retraining for free or credits isn't too bad up until you're moving from 6 to 7. That's what I do.

Scraping up a bit of cash for retraining will save you a lot of frustration. That's about all I spend on. 10 bucks will handle 4 retrains.

Alternatively, it's probably cheaper just to buy a low-tier premium, and use it for any captain of that nation. Then you can free/credit retrain in a low-stress environment without sacrificing skill advantages.

Also, if there's an event that awards a free premium, do whatever you have to to complete it. Katori and Spee are very helpful to me. And keep an eye out, sometimes you can find codes for free low-tier premiums.

If gold is not an option. move them up anyway. I don't know the exact numbers offhand, but I believe that you'll play fewer games with the skill penalties than you would to get a captain up from scratch, and you'll still benefit from some of your skills. (ie. AFT will still boost range 10%, MFCS will still reduce your dispersion 30%, etc.)

I have to admit. I never planned on spending money so I didn't know respec and retraining were so cheap.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
454 posts
10,431 battles

You don't need gold to convert his xp?

Nope once you have a 19p captain his exp gets stockpiled as  Captain Free exp to be spent on other captains or for respecs

Members
139 posts
18,167 battles

Move them up.  Also, pay the 200,000 credits to half the requirement on any captain over 10 points.  Tier 7 and up, differences between a new captain and a 10+ point captain are significant enough that you'll want a high ranking captain.

I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but when you get a 19 point captain you start earning Commander XP, you can use that to retrain a captain (besides ranking up a captain)

Members
1,464 posts
806 battles

Nope once you have a 19p captain his exp gets stockpiled as  Captain Free exp to be spent on other captains or for respecs

Wow so would it be beneficial to grind a lower or mid tier captain on a ship I do well with?

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

You can *partially* retrain a captain for a new ship for 200,000 credits. And as others have mentioned, if you have a premium ship for that nation, you can use it to train your captain without penalty.

[PVE]
Members
12,064 posts
21,308 battles

Now we just have to get this for tier ten ship XP. Just wishing.

Members
1,464 posts
806 battles

You can *partially* retrain a captain for a new ship for 200,000 credits. And as others have mentioned, if you have a premium ship for that nation, you can use it to train your captain without penalty.

I try to always do that as I have about 17 mil credits with no ships past tier 6. So credits aren't the issue atm.

[PVE]
Members
12,064 posts
21,308 battles

It's really good to have a 19 point captain on the ships you use most and good to use them in premiums.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Yup, pretty reasonable, especially if you're on a free account and aren't tiering up left and right.

I retrain and demount as needed, and buy a day of premium whenever I have more than 2-3 hrs to play, and I usually get the lowest doubloon package (~$10) every 2-3 months.

I like the way this game monetises. You can spend as much or as little as you want, and it's all useful.

Edited by Skpstr

Members
1,464 posts
806 battles

Yup, pretty reasonable, especially if you're on a free account and aren't tiering up left and right.

I retrain and demount as needed, and buy a day of premium whenever I have more than 2-3 hrs to play, and I usually get the lowest doubloon package (~$10) every 2-3 months.

What does that normally get you? 50 or so dubloons?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,557 posts
15,232 battles

Now we just have to get this for tier ten ship XP. Just wishing.

True. A discount for converting T10 ship XP to free XP will be very welcomed.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

What does that normally get you? 50 or so dubloons?

1200 IIRC.

Members
1,464 posts
806 battles

True. A discount for converting T10 ship XP to free XP will be very welcomed.

It's pointless to do it for that ships line and I think they would lose out on too much money potential on other lines even within the nation.

Members
1,464 posts
806 battles

1200 IIRC.

Oh wow. Dang even I can spare 10 bucks haha

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

I try to always do that as I have about 17 mil credits with no ships past tier 6. So credits aren't the issue atm.

Oh rest assured, once you hit higher tiers, credits will very much become an issue :unsure:

Members
1,464 posts
806 battles

Oh rest assured, once you hit higher tiers, credits will very much become an issue :unsure:

This I know, which I why I'm sure my average tier play will be about 6

Members
1,464 posts
806 battles

Well I just was gifted a premium DD. Can I use her to train captains for other types of ship?

Sign in to follow this