Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Iris_

French Armour

17 comments in this topic

[ARP]
Members
995 posts
6,188 battles

Quite like Jeanne d'Arc's armour, the French cruiser armour is purely for aesthetic purposes.
I have seen these cruisers lose to destroyers in a gun fight and boy do they fail to fulfill their role quite often as cruisers. 
Also, someone below wanted to see more post on french cruisers, and with the amount of "french cruiser love posts" i thought i should put one here to take it down a peg. 

Example: Battleship sneeze a few shells at a french cruiser at 1:10

Edited by Iris_

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,377 posts
8,998 battles

tbh that happens with any T8 cruiser that Gives nearly full Broadside.

Good shot either way!

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
912 posts
11,308 battles

T7 French cruiser here, single salvoed first two games (by Dunkirk and Hood), health close to 100% both times. I have had that happen about 10 times max in over 6000 battles, usually being a DD, and two times in Cleveland that I recall. Fifth game in her, T5-7, single salvo blow up again, about 5 minutes into it. Never seen such a thing in game play.

Edited by Ericson38

[ARP]
Members
995 posts
6,188 battles

Tried to dis french cruisers, and then spyde comes in with the compliment. we went offtrack real fast huh

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,377 posts
8,998 battles

I finally got 100-0!   Haven't had that happen in a loooong time.

Saint-Louis vs Yamato.  10km   Full Broadside.   (DD smoked a wall and i was behind it so went full turn.. just as a spotted plane got launched and insta detected...)  i knew better...:teethhappy:

All i could say was...:honoring:

Edited by Spyde

[SPTR]
Members
26,266 posts
11,563 battles

French have no armor to speak of, will get damaged easily by a thrown sponge. 

• Funny 1

Members
309 posts
1,925 battles

Henri IV has a very hefty belt and spaced citadel that can troll RN shells... but it's right at the waterline, and the rest of the freeboard is just obligatory bouncing casemate. All or nothing, but the "all" is tiny.

Edited by admiral_noone

[SPTR]
Members
26,266 posts
11,563 battles
2 hours ago, Bloodhound76 said:

hope WG will do Something for french cruiser line...

The high tiers seem fine to me but the reload times on tier 4-6 has made some of us a tad uncomfortable in using them even through I found Emile Bertin to be a fantastic ship /^.\\

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

algerie for me is highest performing t7 cruiser.     it is fine as fire starting  baguette. 

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
912 posts
11,308 battles

I have also lost non-torpedo infused gun battles to a smoke cloud that a T9 DD came out of with my St Louis, as the DD marched right up, and methoically gunned me to pieces, and I could not get away, even with speed boost. His shells were doing about the same damage per salvo as mine, when I could hit him. This DOES NOT HAPPEN with the Helena, oh what a difference. At least with the Iowa, there are secondaries that will do something and a lot of armor to protect you.

Members
67 posts
6,693 battles

Range, speed, and WASD hacks are your armor. Stay at 15km+ and burn BBs and don't come near IJN gunboats. Unless you can close to 9 ~ 8 km undetected with reload booster available along with Radar support. 

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
912 posts
11,308 battles

I do about the same damage with StL as I did with Charlie Martel. They have the same gun load, but StL is too big and fragile to stay very long in battle, and can't handle well in difficult situations, so it is a large credit leaker, while CM was a credit maker. The rate of fire boost is a real gimmick. Playing against T9-10 plating, not setting as many fires with HE.

Edited by Ericson38

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
912 posts
11,308 battles
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:36 AM, Bloodhound76 said:

hope WG will do Something for french cruiser line...

This request has been denied, re-submit in 90 days.

[CVA16]
Members
2,674 posts
10,300 battles
9 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

This request has been denied, re-submit in 90 days.

...for final denial!:Smile_trollface:

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
912 posts
11,308 battles

This French armor is, how to we say it, NRTS. Not Repairable This Station. She wears this red tag even during the commissioning ceremony.

Edited by Ericson38

Sign in to follow this