Trevzor

Hood Bundles Feedback Mega Thread

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

277 posts in this topic

The staggered release increases cash flow.  Its not reallly meant to be deceptive.  The $100 Hood comes with great flags and perks.  If it was a near OP ship, it would be a no-brainer to purchase it.  What makes it a hard choice is that its a below average premium ship and yet it would be valuable for training UK BB captains.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Why are you even asking what people think? You didn't listen when the Eugen was released. Why should we think you'll listen now? WG's track record is abysmal in this regard. Just put one last post saying " thanks for the feedback, we don't give a s### " and lock the thread. At least that would save you some bandwidth. At least that would be honest.

Having said that, I'll buy whatever bundle I decide on. Might be the current one, might be the bare bones. Who knows. Haven't decided yet.

Edited by Noone_You_Know

I saw a quote of my past response to staggered bundles discussion.

2Tearphoenix, thanks for bringing this up. 

I totally understand that this tactic generates an artificial inconvenience and we don't expect players to be excited about it in isolation from the context. However, with every next iteration, we build on past experience and feedback that you shared with us. For example, we are now absolutely transparent about the schedule of bundles - dates, prices, content.

Now I see many players saying they don't need Hood by itself, but they would pay for "no frills" bundle to earn Bismarck faster. But wait for a second, this whole Hunt for Bismarck campaign earning players T8 BB in parallel with researching any other line would not exist without the Hood sale as a monetization component. And there is still a default way to get Bismarck without paying. So our intention was to find a win-win solution for different players with different interests.

For non-payers, there is a cool campaign and a T8 BB to work on for absolutely no money.

For those, who just want Hood in their collection, it will be available after the end of the campaign.

For those, who want to buy the Hood and is planning to earn the campaign rewards (Bismarck, skins, achievements), there is also a value of time saving that we offer with the bundles.

So no, this time staggered bundles is not just a money grab, as in case of Eugen experiment. It's a concession we made as publishers to deliver the meta-gameplay and valuable (not Tier 2-3) rewards for all players globally. 

And we will keep improving our both our gameplay and publishing tactics, so you guys always feel happy.

We understand that WoWS won't be successful, if your are unhappy in the end. So we are dedicated to keep an eye on all of your feedback across channels.

Staggered release doesn't bother me.  Gives me a chance to see how it plays on YouTube so I can make an informed decision.

So no, this time staggered bundles is not just a money grab, as in case of Eugen experiment.

At least you admitted Eugen was a money grab. Thanks for the honesty.

there is also a value of time saving that we offer with the bundles.

So in WG EU words:

Spent more time with your family and give us (in EU currency) 15€ more so that you can get the achievments!

Feels like a money grab to be honest...

Some people don't mind the time they spent into the game. They actually have it but they still need to spent more money to get the achievment.. I just don't get it at all...

And don't really forget the missing Hood Camo because adding this camo to all Bundles would be bad... because having a choice is bad..

I feel horrible for the history guys here that waited soo long and have to pay around 100$ just for the historical camo...

Edited by MasaruKondera

The expensive bundles have great value, for those with more money to spend then time to grind.  The $99 bundle has great value for those that don't have the time to grind.  Let the value of the bundle be the deciding factor in the purchase. All the bundles have 'something for everyone' who is interested in the game.

For your loyal fan base that enjoy playing this game, please release the lower cost bundles soon......I'd really like to have the Hood in port, and the flags and stuff that I'd be happy to pay for....now.

(Hint: Having more Hoods in the game, in the hands of experienced players, wracking up the kills and XP.....would be a sales advert for those who are on the fence about it.  In ranked, I did so well in my Sims that I convinced others to get it....Mo Money for the development of this fantastic game)

Edited by Trapster99

At least you admitted Eugen was a money grab. Thanks for the honesty.

It wasn't intended to be so, but that's how we ended up feeling about Eugen sale internally. We admit when we do something wrong.

Unfortunately, what happened with Graf Spee was interpreted (or remembered) incorrectly. There was a chain of events.

First, EU server admitted being wrong about not publishing Santa Convoy missions initially and launched them starting January 1st.

Then, since EU had already released all bundles, it was too late for EU to roll them back to sync with the schedule on other servers.

Finally, NA, RU and SEA agreed to sync with EU, so our players don't feel any regional disadvantage.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all of the constructive feedback you are giving us!

One thing that I have noticed is that some of you are upset about the permanent camouflage being available only in the $100 bundle. I just wanted to jump in right quick and give a small reminder that there are three permanent camouflages for Hood. 

Type 10, which looks like this:

hN9HjZB.jpg

You can probably guess that it is very similar to the base (no camo) Hood, which looks like this:

y8FhPrE.jpg

That said, even the bare-bones bundle will come with a permanent camouflage, currently also named Type 10 (we're working that out) and it looks like this:

Vzc31uv.jpg

Aside from those, you also have the two camos you can earn for free from the Hunt for Bismarck campaign:

KjCxO1a.jpg

ckl6g3S.jpg

The biggest thing to note is that all of these camouflages give you the exact same bonuses. -3% detect, +4% enemy dispersion, +50% more xp per battle. So which ever one you chose, including the one you get from just buying the ship, you have the same overall usefulness.

Also, if you earn the camos from the campaign but don't have Hood yet, they are stored in your inventory... so you can earn them now and wait until bare-bones ship and slot comes out and have those awesome skins to look at.

I hope this clears some things up for some folk. Keep the feedback coming! 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all of the constructive feedback you are giving us!

One thing that I have noticed is that some of you are upset about the permanent camouflage being available only in the $100 bundle. I just wanted to jump in right quick and give a small reminder that there are three permanent camouflages for Hood. 

Type 10, which looks like this:

hN9HjZB.jpg

You can probably guess that it is very similar to the base (no camo) Hood, which looks like this:

y8FhPrE.jpg

That said, even the bare-bones bundle will come with a permanent camouflage, currently also named Type 10 (we're working that out) and it looks like this:

Vzc31uv.jpg

Aside from those, you also have the two camos you can earn for free from the Hunt for Bismarck campaign:

KjCxO1a.jpg

ckl6g3S.jpg

The biggest thing to note is that all of these camouflages give you the exact same bonuses. -3% detect, +4% enemy dispersion, +50% more xp per battle. So which ever one you chose, including the one you get from just buying the ship, you have the same overall usefulness.

Also, if you earn the camos from the campaign but don't have Hood yet, they are stored in your inventory... so you can earn them now and wait until bare-bones ship and slot comes out and have those awesome skins to look at.

I hope this clears some things up for some folk. Keep the feedback coming! 

You can try explaining as much as you want but it will never change the fact that you are hiding the historic accurate camo behind a 100$ paywall....

I am just making sure that folk know that $100 is not the only way you get a permanent camouflage.

~Trevzor

I totally understand that this tactic generates an artificial inconvenience and we don't expect players to be excited about it in isolation from the context. However, with every next iteration, we build on past experience and feedback that you shared with us. For example, we are now absolutely transparent about the schedule of bundles - dates, prices, content.

Now I see many players saying they don't need Hood by itself, but they would pay for "no frills" bundle to earn Bismarck faster. But wait for a second, this whole Hunt for Bismarck campaign earning players T8 BB in parallel with researching any other line would not exist without the Hood sale as a monetization component. And there is still a default way to get Bismarck without paying. So our intention was to find a win-win solution for different players with different interests.

For non-payers, there is a cool campaign and a T8 BB to work on for absolutely no money.

For those, who just want Hood in their collection, it will be available after the end of the campaign.

For those, who want to buy the Hood and is planning to earn the campaign rewards (Bismarck, skins, achievements), there is also a value of time saving that we offer with the bundles.

So no, this time staggered bundles is not just a money grab, as in case of Eugen experiment. It's a concession we made as publishers to deliver the meta-gameplay and rewards for all players globally.

And we will keep improving our both our gameplay and publishing tactics, so you guys always feel happy.

We understand that this game won't be successful, if your are unhappy in the end. So we are dedicated to keep an eye on all of your feedback across channels.

If this was not a money grab, then why not allow the Hood to be purchased by itself? 

I think the point you may be missing is that many of us want the Hood to play in the event simply to sail the Hood during a Bismarck event, not to earn the Bismarck for free. I used to watch "Sink the Bismarck" with my dad as a kid and it brings up fond memories. I have $50 to spend on whatever this month and was greatly looking forward to getting the Hood today and thought surely, since they "Heard and appreciate our feedback" that this would not be a staggered release. Perhaps naive of me. 

I know that you obviously need to make a profit on the massive amount of work and resources that you put into this game, but this seems unnecessary. I do not think the bundles are poorly priced for what they offer, I just can't afford them. But more importantly, I have no choice in the matter. If I want the Hood, I ~have~ to buy other things. So while this may be great for your short-term bottom line, it tells your fanbase "We have heard your feedback, but we don't care" whether you intended it that way or not. Especially after your public statement regarding the Prinz Eugen. The added transparency certainly helps, but it is not the heart of the matter. Now perhaps I am alone or in a minority on this, I certainly cannot see your sales metrics, but the length of this thread makes me believe I am not the only one with these feelings. 

I was asked before, but I'll answer here - I will not be spending any money on the Hood unless I can play it during the event, for the majority of the event, not a rushed portion or after the fact. 

Do you owe me (or any of your other players) this? No, but you have left a bitter taste in my mouth that will be remembered when I reach for my wallet. 

I was looking hard at it- and decided not to.  Why?  The Hood doesn't look all that great.  At least not enough to make it a must play NAO! ship.   The goodies that come with it were a powerful temptation- until I looked into the campaign containers also available.

I went for the $50 container bundle instead, and got all the special flags and camo I wanted- plus more than halfway through the collection as a bonus.  After playing some Randoms to do the campaign- and finding them just as unfun as I remembered (plus side: played Buddy, got instant games!  Down side: was bottom tier and got my rear end shot off after my team collapsed...), I may just say screw the campaign altogether.  All I wanted were the flags and camos- and I can buy them in the premium shop.

I may still get it- in three weeks when the nekkid bundle comes out.  I've been burned too many times on mid tier premiums with the screwy MM at that level to pay $100 for another one.

Don't get me wrong, WG people- that's one hell of a nice bundle.   I'm just not that attracted to the ship that's in it.

It's more about which camos are being given where.

The only camo Hood actually wore, is locked behind a pay wall. The as sunk/before Bismarck, are fictitious, unless one cares to dispute the Hood association. 

http://www.hmshood.com/photos/miscellaneous/miscship.htm

http://www.hmshood.com/hoodtoday/models/tips/hoodpaint.htm

This is what has many people upset. It's a historic ship, being sold, with her historic (as sunk) condition behind a paywall.

Edited by TheGreyGhost91

You can try explaining as much as you want but it will never change the fact that you are hiding the historic accurate camo behind a 100$ paywall....

I am just making sure that folk know that $100 is not the only way you get a permanent camouflage.

~Trevzor

And I'm just making sure that red folk knows that some people aren't really interessted in the fictional permanent camo and the historic one is behind a 100$ paywall...

So no, this time staggered bundles is not just a money grab, as in case of Eugen experiment. It's a concession we made as publishers to deliver the meta-gameplay and valuable (not Tier 2-3) rewards for all players globally. 

We understand that WoWS won't be successful, if your are unhappy in the end. So we are dedicated to keep an eye on all of your feedback across channels.

If this was not a money grab then why the staggered releases? If you stopped lying to the playerbase maybe more people would be playing and WoWS would be more successful. 

Also why is the HISTORICAL Camo behind the 100 dollar bundle? I dont care about the other fictional camos I care about the REAL one. Why dident the Hood come with the HISTORICAL Camo in all the bundles?

Edited by A_FIELD_MARSHAL

How do you expect us Northern neighbours to dish out $136.10 for a tier 7 ship? Thats enough to buy a new printer and 2 ink cartridges. 

Trevzor, open the basic ship for purchase, you will see the jump in sale.

Was going to buy Hood. Now not going to.

Too high of price. Too high of tier.

Hood should have been T6. If I want an erasable ship I'll play one of the USN high tier BBs gimped by the WG game engine.

Hood vs T9 german and jp BBs?   ???   ??????   ...and $100 no other way to buy?    !

yeah ok have fun with that. Wallet closed.

I personally dislike the practise of staggered release. Especially when they affect in-game missions. Especially when some of those in-game missions can only be completed using content only available in its cheapest form after the in-game event ends.

Lert hit the nail on the head here, but I will also had in my thoughts.

I was fully ready to spend $50 for the Hood this morning. For me, I wanted her for the campaign and because she is the Hood. However, I am not paying 100 USD for a single ship. I am fine with the pricing of the bundles, if people want to buy the more expensive bundles, good for them! They continue to support the game more than I do. However, staggering the other bundles just stinks of a money grab especially when the Hood is tied into the campaign. I leave back for college in a little over a week. The Hood was necessary for me to complete the campaign. But now I will not be getting the Hood even when he comes out with just the port slot because I will no longer be able to play the game and the campaign will have ended. If you want to do staggered releases, stagger them by a few days, not weeks. If the bundles were released on one or two day intervals, no one would care all that much as it is just a few days, not three weeks.

You can say this is not a cash grab all you want. But if it looks like a cash grab, smells like a cash grab, and feels like a cash grab, then chances are it is a cash grab. It is not paying for the luxury of finishing the missions early if you buy the bundles now. It is simply if you want to use the Hood to complete the missions at all, then give us more money. I own most of the premium ships in the game (Most USN, Warspite, Belfast, all IJN ones thanks to the Black Friday bundle, Blys. Tirpitz, Sharnhorst, and a few others). I have no problem giving WG my money. I do take offense when you demand more money from us if you want to use a ship for a campaign. I would have happily bought the Deluxe bundle if it was available today. As of now, I will not be buying the Hood period. So hope that someone else buys a cash grab bundle to make up for the money I am no longer spending. Nothing short of WG admitting this was an absolute blunder and making the bundles available will cause me to change my mind.

If this was not a money grab, then why not allow the Hood to be purchased by itself? 

I think the point you may be missing is that many of us want the Hood to play in the event simply to sail the Hood during a Bismarck event, not to earn the Bismarck for free. I used to watch "Sink the Bismarck" with my dad as a kid and it brings up fond memories. I have $50 to spend on whatever this month and was greatly looking forward to getting the Hood today and thought surely, since they "Heard and appreciate our feedback" that this would not be a staggered release. Perhaps naive of me. 

I know that you obviously need to make a profit on the massive amount of work and resources that you put into this game, but this seems unnecessary. I do not think the bundles are poorly priced for what they offer, I just can't afford them. But more importantly, I have no choice in the matter. If I want the Hood, I ~have~ to buy other things. So while this may be great for your short-term bottom line, it tells your fanbase "We have heard your feedback, but we don't care" whether you intended it that way or not. Especially after your public statement regarding the Prinz Eugen. The added transparency certainly helps, but it is not the heart of the matter. Now perhaps I am alone or in a minority on this, I certainly cannot see your sales metrics, but the length of this thread makes me believe I am not the only one with these feelings. 

I was asked before, but I'll answer here - I will not be spending any money on the Hood unless I can play it during the event, for the majority of the event, not a rushed portion or after the fact. 

Do you owe me (or any of your other players) this? No, but you have left a bitter taste in my mouth that will be remembered when I reach for my wallet

I hear your pain. Going forward we will be more flexible with technology allowing us to sell access to missions. With current limitations we couldn't find an elegant way to sell Hood unbundled without giving access to Hood-only missions. This is a very good feedback. Thank you for sharing.

I've been pretty busy of late with work and all and I've had time to login and check things out only a little recently but I'll give my thoughts on this here.

I've read some posts prior to mine here in this thread and I can agree or support some issues.

-I think it's a poorly thought out thing and just bad to lock historical camo behind "pay walls". Why is it just not possible to put behind the "pay wall" the fictional camo, which in turn could be an incentive for the designers/artists at WG to come up with something really cool. As an artist myself (animator) I can appreciate good works and I'd be sure as hell tempted to get fictional camo if it's cool looking. (well I grinded just to get ARP Haguro because i loved a Red Myoko even if I dont need the other colors :P )

-as an additional thought on the camo thing, maybe... just maybe... make it like the Eugen where the other camo can be bought by doubloons at anytime later on instead of just restricted during this bundle sale time? (What I said about HISTORIC camo being for all bundles and the bigger ones getting the fictional camo still stands however)

That said, you WG people don't worry, I'll be getting the Hood anyhow. I've set up some $$ aside for it already. I appreciate the effort you guys made to creating her, but just don't expect me to get the biggest bundle of course :)

Edited by cmdr_raccoon

I hear your pain. Going forward we will be more flexible with technology allowing us to sell access to missions. With current limitations we couldn't find an elegant way to sell Hood unbundled without giving access to Hood-only missions. This is a very good feedback. Thank you for sharing.

I'm afraid I will believe it when I see it. You have already stated you took feedback into account with the Eugen, but the current situation with the Hood speaks otherwise. 

I'm extremely disappointed that the historical camouflage is restricted to the top bundle. That's $135 for me :-( 

Why would the missions only be accessible to top bundle? Wouldn't buying the ship at any bundle be enough? Again are you that desperate for money that you need to lock the missions to top bundle? If you are then whoever is running the ship of finances is doing a poor job.   Edited by A_FIELD_MARSHAL

I might buy the bundle, never done that before. The flags are pretty nice...

But it would have better if the usual slew of bundles with the bare ship were released at the same time. This marketing move is not popular with the community and has generated a lot of ill-feeling.