Trevzor

Hood Bundles Feedback Mega Thread

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

277 posts in this topic

Not interested in it, so the price is meaningless to me.

But I really am unclear as to why WG seems to like to intentionally enrage a part of their player base with such obvious hard sell tactics? :unsure:

I certainly hope it's working, but none of the half finished work on this game seems to indicate it is so far.....:hmm:

The clan is doing a raffle for this guy. We need to renew Website and TS so we thought this was a good idea to rally some funds.  The staggering is making it difficult to decide on what bundle if we are going to use as the price. 

Players like myself have been waiting ages for Royal Navy battleships & battlecruisers which have been neglected for far too long, and this is how WG introduces only the second RN BB to appear in the game? If you want staggered bundles that's fine, but do it for ships that were either never built or are entirely WG invention, not a real historical ship like HMS Hood. :facepalm:

I would like to see your profit forecasting on doing the staggering.  You would think you would probably make more on the single ship/port slot.

I personally dislike the practise of staggered release. Especially when they affect in-game missions. Especially when some of those in-game missions can only be completed using content only available in its cheapest form after the in-game event ends.

I agree with Lert on this.   +1

Guess I'm not buying the Hood at all! Thanks for making the choice easy for me, WG! :coin:

I wanted to buy the Hood, basic package (ship + port) in order to get access to those special missions in campaign. But since you can buy that package AFTER the campaign end, theres no real reason for me to buy it. I was actually excited to get the Hood, but eh, not like this.

Had my card out and was ready to buy Hood this morning. Have to wait till June now.  Disappointing but will get it then provided it does not slip my mind

Posted (edited) · Report post

I bought it. The campaign goodies are free if you play, and Hood will be available for normal price afterwards. I think all three bundles should be available immediately. However, I do think the ship bundles are getting expensive. Belfast ultimate was about $75 IIRC.

Anyway, I'm out of the country, so I'm looking forward to playing the Hood when I'm back.

Edited by Sharkbait_416

"WG is a business that needs to make profit so the game stays free to play", a lot of you guys seem to throw this around often but forget it as soon as it doesn't suit your needs. ggnore

While I'm not a big fan of staggered releases, I understand them in that WG is looking to capitalize on the hype. However using a staggered release after launching a mission where the ship in question is involved comes off as downright predatory.

While the goodies are nice, unless you are a collector or have a great attachment to the Hood, looks like the ship will just be a meh performer.  Think all the other tier 7 BBs are just as good or better, especially when considering damage potential and armor (not speed), and will not be strong when up tiered.  I can't justify the cost of the ship, even it self, 50 bucks for something meh does not thrill me.

"WG is a business that needs to make profit so the game stays free to play", a lot of you guys seem to throw this around often but forget it as soon as it doesn't suit your needs. ggnore

The vast majority of people here aren't forgetting it, they do want to spend money. They just don't want to spend money on things they don't want to obtain something they DO want.

I understand why staggered releases work, even though I prefer all options available up front.

But I feel like WG shot itself in the foot by making the basic ship+slot only package not available until the campaign was over. If you were to keep the staggered release, I think it would have made more sense to shift the release windows up one week. That way the Ultimate super-expensive got-to-have-it bundle is released the week before the campaign starts (which helps build hype for the campaign, maybe tempt some people to step up to the Fully Loaded if they were considering waiting for Deluxe instead, and if we're frank the whales who buy the top bundle would do so campaign or not), and the ship+slot only becomes available in the last week so people who don't want the extras can still have time to sweep up the Hood-only tasks.

You'd still have complaining like with Spee and Eugen, but it wouldn't seem like such a slap in the face to people who only want the ship and to do its campaign tasks.

I do not enjoy the staggered release. I do not mind bundle choices but the sales pressure applied because of the missions is not appreciated and feels a little desperate.

Plus dang it WG you know I am week! I may have to go into rehab to break my WG addiction and then no one wins. :)

Edited by paradat

and the ship+slot only becomes available in the last week so people who don't want the extras can still have time to sweep up the Hood-only tasks.

Nope comes out on the last day.

The vast majority of people here aren't forgetting it, they do want to spend money. They just don't want to spend money on things they don't want to obtain something they DO want.

That's what I said. 

I was moderately interested in the Hood base on her history, and her use in the Bismark campaign, but the pricing of this along with the staggered release is just a bit too much for me to justify. To put it in perspective, US $100 is a third of what I get paid for my shift on a normal, straight time day... and I feel that financially, I'm doing ok.

As it's been said above, all the reviews of the Hood have left (what seems to be) many players slightly underwhelmed. While it would be nice to have, I'll wait four weeks, pass on the associated goodies, then look at it again. Maybe I'll save myself over US $50, ... sorry WG, I think you may have missed your target.

Edited by Darksaint1071

Couldn't care less! If there's a new ship that i want bad enough to pay money for, but not enough to pay for the top bundle, I'm perfectly content to wait a couple of weeks. 

Well, you know, this is the exact same method used when Graf Spee came out.

And plenty of people complained then.

Repeated in Hood.

Actually, this is quite a bit different.  

In the Spee campaign there were two events, one event which allowed you to earn the Spee and a parallel event in which you had to have the Spee to participate in the Christmas convoy.  The event was constructed so that to complete the Christmas Convoy you had to essentially buy the Spee outright at it's premium price.  

In this event, you can not earn the Hood, if you want her in your port you are, either now or later, going to have to buy her.  The Hunt for the Bismark campaign is set up such that having the Hood can make it easier to complete, but you don't actually need her to complete the campaign.  

Both the Spee and the Bismark campaigns are designed to entice you to buy what is going to be a highly sought after premium but they use different methods to get you to lay down the cash.  

I personally have no problem with the way the Hood bundles and the Bismark campaign are structured.  I think we have to take a step back and realize that WOWS has made a HUGE investment to create and maintain the game and they've structured it such that you can actually go from T1 to T10 on every line without giving them a penny.  They don't make money from advertising they don't solicit donations then only way they make a dime is through sales generated via the premium shop ... period.  

The Hood is going to be a hot item and regardless of what they do later with it, they are only going to have exactly one moment of initial release where they can really charge a premium price and people will be willing to pay it.  To squeeze the most value they can from it, they are arranging the purchase bundles to get the most from those people who just absolutely have to have it right now and then stagger it downward to eventually capture those who really want it, but aren't willing to spend the extra funds to by flags, premium time etc ... .  In addition they dangle a carrot in front of us in the form of the Bismark campaign and honestly, who doesn't want to hunt the Bismark with the Hood.  

This model very likely enhances to revenue they can earn from this event which they can use to keep the doors open, develop more new and interesting ships for us to battle as well as expanding game modes and maps for us to battle in.  All of this costs a LOT of money and this in one of the ways WOWS gets those funds.  

For those of you who are not going to buy the Hood because you don't want the bundle and can't buy her immediately, well chances are you are WAY outnumbered by those charging into the Premium Shop credit cards in hand clamoring to scoop this deal up.  As I said, I'm ok with this as long as I get to sail the electronic seas and am not forced into a position where I have to buy things I don't want in order to play. WOWS is exceptionally amazing at giving us that opportunity and I, for one, am not interested in complaining about them trying to make money.  It's simple, if you don't want the Hood enough to pay for her, don't pay for her.  It really is that simple.  

I'm curious to see if this topic actually does anything though I personally doubt it will you guys did a Staggered release for Eugen and despite all the negative topics you repeat it again with Graf Spee which guess what caused more negative topics and despite all that you repeat it with Hood. And we're supposed to believe something will change so what will be the Excuse when you guys do a staggered release for Enterprise. Seriously release all the bundles at once or don't release the thing at all

I believe this was the response by the NA team regarding to Eugen, only the last 2 paragraphs are quoted: 

Third, the staggered release approach is an experiment and we constantly adjusting our methods to learn what works and what doesn't. Our intention was to deliver additional value to the players who purchased the Deluxe and Fully Loaded bundles in the form of earlier access to the ship. We had concerns that this design might upset buyers of the "bare bones" bundle, but didn't anticipate the magnitude.

And as with all our experiments, this is a learning moment for us which we will to take into account with future bundles.
Please rest assured: your feedback is heard and appreciated. 

Heard and ignored. Bold Mine. I had hoped this would not be repeated. I want to play the Hood in the event. Not because of the extra mission, but because its the Hood. I do not want or need the content of the bundle and I respect the pricing scheme of the bundle and think the bonus items are neat, but the fact I can't play the Hood during the Bismarck missions without spending (extra) money, infuriates me. 

This is obviously WG's prerogative as a company, but as a payer customer, I am disappointed at the staggered release. 

Edited by Tearphoenix

I have 9500 doubloons and 240 days of premium time. I don't need nor want your bundle, and my interest in Hood is waning. Will I still feel some excitement when I am able to buy it? This time around probably not. On top of that you have made me a second class player in terms of events and so now I'm less engaged because of this event, which is the opposite of how a good event works.

Also if you do the same thing with Haida, you probably will get my money but at a considerable cost of good will. Do what you need to do, and so shall we.

The only issue I see with it is that the vanilla release comes when the event ends.

I will be buying the ultimate bundle, it's a fantastic deal. But everyone should have a shot at the missions without laying down extra cash for extra goods they might not want.

get rid of the staggered sales. The people who are going to but the top tier bundle are going to buy it, how ever making your customers wait just so you can force them to buy the more expensive one for what ever reason, is seen as money grabbing and will make you lose some of those sales you would have otherwise made by offering all tiers at once. 

in the end the staggered sales make WG look bad in the eyes of most of the customers you have. and I say this as someone who bought the HOOD today and would have bought the top tier anyway if all had been offered.