You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RivertheRoyal

What you get for the Hood Bundle.

61 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Well, I'd like to confirm something. 

The Hood bundle out now has two premium camos in it. One is the one we all saw while the Hood was being tested, while the other is a new one—which all the other bundles will have as standard. 

So, here's the old plain grey one:

kRP54dU.png?1

And here's the new one:

05RPp6k.png?1

It's very similar to a color scheme touted by HMS Repulse at one time: 

HW6HyNo.png 

Supposedly, this is intended to make the paint job more exciting and stuff, since that had been a complaint. 

However, all you who loved the look of the original camo, it's only available in the largest bundle, costing just shy of 100$. 

That's not to say that you don't get plenty of other goodies though.  

Like Hood's flag, doubloons, and 50 of the swanky new flags. Each.

wtsXSdf.png?2

Her flag.

qs2xA3w.png?1

And all the new ones flags. Oh, and you get a 12 point commander, but I stuck my Warspite one in there, before adding all the commander XP boost flags to the mast. William Taylor's getting the fast track to promotion at the moment. 

iNxtAY8.png?1

And yes, I did mount an anti-det flag. :P

So, this is what you get for the largest Hood bundle. Yes, I sacrificed my monies to bring you all this information. As a particular forumite would state: I am a sucker, and will enjoy my lolipop along with all the other sea-scum. 

Edited by RivertheRoyal
  • Cool 14

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

I think you can also earn that camo for one of the missions (Mission 5 maybe?) in the Hunt for Bismarck campaign.

EDIT:  Do the stock and "premium" camos have the same bonuses?

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Cool 1

[SVF]
Members
2,921 posts
2,776 battles

Does Hood indeed have a 36s base traverse?

I think you can also earn that camo for one of the missions (Mission 5 maybe?) in the Hunt for Bismarck campaign.

EDIT:  Do the stock and "premium" camos have the same bonuses?

No, I believe the two Hood camos earned at the end of Mission 5 are the BatDiv1 (ie red turret tops) and the From the Deep (ie Zombie Hood) ones.

[GIR]
Members
135 posts
16,764 battles

First off, thank you for posting this information. I am curious if you have taken this ship out into combat and would be willing to comment on the performance?  I wonder if the Hood got the same turret adjustment as the Warspite, or maybe even a better adjustment.   Thanks again!

Wiki Editor
798 posts

Do the stock and "premium" camos have the same bonuses?

IIRC both premium camos should provide you with the same bonuses; just like what happened to Missouri

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

Uhm ... am I the only one that can't tell the difference between the two top images? Maybe I need more coffee, but they kinda look exactly the same.

Can someone post the two camos in a sunny port, please?

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

No, you earn two other camos in that case:

tT9myHZ.jpg

An "intact" Hood skin.

WE5ajMJ.jpg

And a "From the depths" Hood camo. 

As a related note, the turret traverse buff did go though...I think. I'll check again.  

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles

Uhm ... am I the only one that can't tell the difference between the two top images? Maybe I need more coffee, but they kinda look exactly the same.

Yeah, I'm failing to see the difference too.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

That would be because I posted the same image twice. Oops. :hiding:

Fixed now. Damn, but I need caffeine. 

Edited by RivertheRoyal
  • Cool 1

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Thanks for clearing a couple of things up, River.

Still quite pissed at the staggered release, as well as the fact that you have to shell out a Benjamin to even get the correct camouflage—and that flag is actually incorrect.

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

Soooo, the Intact skin is that of the Arizona? Did Hood or any other RN battleship ever sport that camo scheme?

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Soooo, the Intact skin is that of the Arizona? Did Hood or any other RN battleship ever sport that camo scheme?

Nope, never.

Oddly, I find the fact that they put her in such a camo mildly insulting. Like they think they have to dress her up like an American battleship to even get us Yanks to think about buying/sailing her. Never mind the fact that she looks absolutely hideous in another nation's colors.

Edited by Goodwood_Alpha

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

I'm more annoyed by the exchange rate (I'm Canadian) than the staggered release. Honestly, all the stuff that's included with the bundle is kind of worth it given it includes signal flags that are brand new. But 136 bucks is ... a bit much for me right now :/

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

Nope, never.

Oddly, I find the fact that they put her in such a camo mildly insulting. Like they think they have to dress her up like an American battleship to even get us Yanks to think about buying/sailing her. Never mind the fact that she looks absolutely hideous in another nation's colors.

Maybe they consider it the battleship detonation camo ;) (too soon?)

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Okay, so some more clarifications. The turret traverse buff did go through. And since I'm using my Warspite captain, here's what it looks like with EM:

PY5qSRK.png?1

Also, here's the two camos in better lighting:

GJuJTxz.png?1

wLbMPyP.png?1

• Cool 1

Wiki Editor
798 posts

Still quite pissed at the staggered release, as well as the fact that you have to shell out a Benjamin to even get the correct camouflage—and that flag is actually incorrect.

The staggered release make sense, as buying the Hood gives you and advantage in the campaign. And you could still argue you're getting a historical camo... but really that's up to personal tastes. 

Members
1,019 posts
8,525 battles

You forgot to mention

• 30 days of premium that costs $12.59
  • 5,000 doubloons that cost $23.56
  • 7 more Big crates by doing the campaign, that´d be 2X 3 crates $8.99 each and 1 single crate option for $2.99 = 20.97

Edited by Pata1985

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

Wallet Warrior -- Hood Acquired.

Now I need to schedule time to play it.

Maybe a couple hours late tonight if I can get out of a couple 'unwanted drama' items.

Seems everybody in my small town loves coal and hates honeybees.

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Thanks again, River.

The "extra-premium" gray skin is still a little on the light side. The point of it was to blend in with the iron-gray ocean commonly found in the North Atlantic; period photos of her in 507B show this quite clearly.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Thanks for the clear up River. Hmm, decisions decisions.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Does Hood indeed have a 36s base traverse?

No, I believe the two Hood camos earned at the end of Mission 5 are the BatDiv1 (ie red turret tops) and the From the Deep (ie Zombie Hood) ones.

Ah thanks for correcting me, I had forgotten the zombie camo.  I wont use either of these "earned" camos.

IIRC both premium camos should provide you with the same bonuses; just like what happened to Missouri

Thanks, I certainly prefer it that way.  I wouldn't want to have to choose between benefits and appearance.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Thanks for the clear up River. Hmm, decisions decisions.

For me those extra signal flags made the difference.  They have pretty nice bonuses that I will be happy to put to work.

Wiki Editor
798 posts

Thanks, I certainly prefer it that way.  I wouldn't want to have to choose between benefits and appearance.

Yeah, I would expect that to be an illogical move and sort of counter-constructive of the reason of having multiple prem camos