Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Summon3r

wthHood ultimatre is our only option???

30 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
259 posts

If she did 40 knots and could lol pen Yammy from the bow? Sure. But shes subpar at best. Shes not worth the lowest price of bundles.

[SPTR]
Members
2,462 posts
3,945 battles

Sigh. Hope they don't make Enterprise this bad, from the look of it she gets T7 planes at T8 which is so stupid - she's gonna fight Des Moines and Montanas ;_;

Members
192 posts
16,386 battles

I see Hood ultimate in premium shop for $99 - plus a 12 pt commander, 5k doubloons, and lots of extras....  

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,830 posts

If you don't like it, wait until the right bundle or solo ship sale is going on.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

I see Hood ultimate in premium shop for $99 - plus a 12 pt commander, 5k doubloons, and lots of extras....  

Hes prob seeing it in CAD. 

All USD goods will cost a Canadian about 25% more. 

Edited by Cobraclutch

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Did you even look at the news article on the Hood release? This is just the first bundle, in a few weeks you can get just the ship for far less.

[AARG]
Beta Testers
533 posts
10,229 battles

Only option is $99 USD Ultimatd. Staggered bundles, what a let down. 

A "30% discount" lol riiiiiiight...

NOPE

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,312 posts
18,907 battles

Did you even look at the news article on the Hood release? This is just the first bundle, in a few weeks you can get just the ship for far less.

You can, when the campaign's over.

Also, only the $100 package lists 'Type 10 camo' - if the NA's doing the same as the EU then that's Hood's historic camo and thus the only way to get it is with the most expensive bundle. Which is not cool.

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,750 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/hood-stuff-with-friends/

Hood Ultimate - now

Hood Fully Loaded - 25 May

Hood Deluxe -1 June

Hood - 7 June

It might not be the greatest of things to have the cheapest option available last but at least they are upfront about the dates & prices that will be available.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Also, only the $100 package lists 'Type 10 camo' - if the NA's doing the same as the EU then that's Hood's historic camo and thus the only way to get it is with the most expensive bundle. Which is not cool.

I dunno, Hood camos are a reward for Mission 6 of the campaign. But they are premanent camos, so Type 10 would be something different. (maybe a non-permanent version?)

[CWGC]
Members
848 posts
2,977 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/hood-stuff-with-friends/

Hood Ultimate - now

Hood Fully Loaded - 25 May

Hood Deluxe -1 June

Hood - 7 June

It might not be the greatest of things to have the cheapest option available last but at least they are upfront about the dates & prices that will be available.

ty, and yes im in CAD

[PROJX]
Members
1,120 posts
41,085 battles

In fairness, I don't think you can fault WG too much for this particular release because it is the essence of how any F2P game model needs to work to stay in business.  Essentially, everyone is being given a choice of their priorities and means because:

- if you have to have Hood now, you can pay for an extended bundle

- if you don't care for the extras & extra cost, you're just being asked to wait 3 wks for just the ship which is priced similarly to other Premium ships

- if you don't want the ship or spend for it, you still have a very doable Bismarck Campaign you can get the major prizes for without it.

Edited by hangglide42
  • Cool 1

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Absolute bloody tosh.

Makes me glad I blew my discretionary income on that new graphics card, so I have an ironclad excuse to pass on another asinine staggered bundle. At least with the Spee the cheapest version of the ship was available with enough time to spare to have a chance at doing the associated campaign. This is just ridiculous and an utterly transparent money-grab. I honestly don't know what is worse: this, or the sheer unmitigated gall they have in "offering" the special containers for sale rather than grinding them out. I find myself suddenly bereft of even a single crumb of motivation to even try the campaign.

Wargaming, sit on it and rotate, because when you get to the bottom, the ride's over.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

ty, and yes im in CAD

Yea unfortunately our low dollar is great for our service industry and tourism. 

Not so good for WOWS goods :P 

I do think they could give us a bit of a break by pricing it diff for CA users.. maybe like a 10 or even 15 % diff.. It would be nice if it wasn't as bad....

For example, the EURO is not 1/1 vs the USD . 

But for some reason this is priced the same as the EU . In reality if they followed the exchange rate the ultimate bundle in USD would be 110$  and in EU it would be 100. 

Edited by Cobraclutch

[TO07]
Members
4,303 posts
31,698 battles

Your kidding to get permanent camo we have to buy  the dearest bundle when any other premium ship gets with all bundles, are these people serious I live in Australia that deal will cost me $134 dollars plus.

And if I go for the cheapest deal this particular premium ship does not even get a permanent camo .

What did the staff at WOW/NA go on a all night drinking spree before putting these pricing deals together.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,312 posts
18,907 battles

I dunno, Hood camos are a reward for Mission 6 of the campaign. But they are premanent camos, so Type 10 would be something different. (maybe a non-permanent version?)

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/79922-hms-hood-available-on-the-19th-may/page__st__100#topmost Read post 102 by Tuccy

The campaign bundles are the 'zombie' or 'non historic color scheme' ones I think.

And if I go for the cheapest deal this particular premium ship does not even get a permanent camo .

I believe the cheap bundle still comes with a permanent camo, with the normal bonuses but it's a rip-off of HMS Repulse's scheme, and never worn by Hood.

Edited by mofton

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Your kidding to get permanent camo we have to buy  the dearest bundle when any other premium ship gets with all bundles, are these people serious I live in Australia that deal will cost me $134 dollars plus.

What did the staff at WOW/NA go on a all night drinking spree before putting these pricing deals together.

It's just an extra permanent camo, the hood still comes with a permanent camo and if you do the campaign I believe you get another 2 permanent camos to put on the Hood.

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

As far as can be told, however, none of the camos on offer are the correct one for when she sank. When Hood went down, she was painted in overall 507B, which is a dark gray with a slight blue tinge, quite a bit darker than the single-color camo she wears in tester videos.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,681 battles

Look at it this way, Hood's 'camo' IRL was basically just allover grey, which is what she should look like with no camo.  So if you *have* to look period correct, just run her naked.

Sign in to follow this