The_African_Queen

Invisibility needs to be removed from the game.

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

186 posts in this topic

I just had a battle with a DD and my BB. During this battle I dodged 6 salvos of torpedoes without ever catching sight of my opponent who didn't use smoke at any point. This was no fun, totally unrealistic and frustrating as hell. My secondaries should have blown him away despite the massive nerfing of them by Wargaming. Invisibility is ruining the game. Every feature in the game favours DDs. I didn't join this game to play DDs though I do play them. The changes made to make ships appear breifly were a joke as is the hopeless sighting rules. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ayyyyyy lmbo. Your secondaries were nerfed? You playing a Bismarck? Typical BBaby...

Most features in the game support Battleships. Learn to play or maybe try destroyers yourself. What a noob.

Edited by SgtSullyC3

Guess what - relatively small ships like DDs are hard to see on the open ocean.  Learn concealment mechanics - they were used in real life as well.

So, you want to kill the DD, right? Without him sinking you? 

Why is this any different from the DD wanting to sink you?

Why should we care about your being unable to handle a single DD? 

Being aware that you are being stalked by a DD is part of the game. Take pride in the fact you used the WASD keys to dodge and make some great torp beat videos :). Haha stealth fire from main guns must have really made you mad before removal :)

You just don't know how DDs play. Learn how concealment works and adapt.

Have you perhaps considered that you are, perhaps, supposed to be attracting torpedoes, as part of your role as the team's tank?

My reaction upon entering this thread

vHDSZan.gif

Guess what - relatively small ships like DDs are hard to see on the open ocean.  Learn concealment mechanics - they were used in real life as well.

thats comical you ACTUALLY think a destroyer sitting in open water would be invisible at what is in game at least 5-6 km i guess broadsiding WASNT a thing either was it? not to mention the 14-16 inch shells that bounce off of em  this IS however a video game supposed to be balanced in an arcade style way what i will say is this .....its all good n well till a destroyer takes damage or gets nerfed or gets hit with radar in game n  the crying starts ...and doesnt stop Edited by kyle26_2016

Look at real life... During the battle off Samar the Johnston charged the center force alone and during her torpedo run she was under fire and didn't get hit once.. she only got hit after getting into CQB range of Kongou. So if you want destroyers to be spotted all the time then good luck hitting them. 

Let me tell you the secret: WASD

also map awareness helps.

Play a DD and see how easy it is to stalk and kill a BB. You'll be surprised how it isn't.

thats comical you ACTUALLY think a destroyer sitting in open water would be invisible at what is in game at least 5-6 km i guess broadsiding WASNT a thing either was it? this IS however a video game supposed to be balanced in an arcade style way what i will say is this .....its all good n well till a destroyer takes damage or gets nerfed or gets hit withradar in game n  the crying starts ...and doesnt stop

Oh please. Be quiet. I play a lot of Battleships (look at my stats) and even I hate the whiners that say DD OP.

tumblr_lnbvt0hG7X1qkkln7o1_500.gif

Edited by SgtSullyC3

So you want destroyers to be detected at 20 km?  That'll work totally.

You probably also want to nerf torpedoes so that they do no damage.

thats comical you ACTUALLY think a destroyer sitting in open water would be invisible at what is in game at least 5-6 km i guess broadsiding WASNT a thing either was it? this IS however a video game supposed to be balanced in an arcade style way what i will say is this .....its all good n well till a destroyer takes damage or gets nerfed or gets hit withradar in game n  the crying starts ...and doesnt stop

The nautical horizon is much closer than you think it is. 2.9 miles (4.6km) for an observer at sea level. Trying to observer an object at sea level. 

This horizon will get further away depending on the height ASL for the observer and the object being observed. (Hence the in game formula that directly relates the base concealment on most ships to mast height.

ORaLUOc.png

Not that I understand any of this math. I am just an engine technician after all... Not an engineer.

But, I know there are some engineers and statistics guys on the forums that will be able to dig into this for you. (Vak_, where are you, lol?)

Not sure how this is something new.  Been around for a while and as a BB main, this is normal and has been since I've started.

I would suggest watching a few videos on how to play BBs against DDs.

Yes its unhistorical but just think about it,

do you think the DDs will be ok with this getting spotted as soon as there's no hard cover between you & them like in Ocean when a battle starts you will be always spotted for the duration of that match.

Edited by Rolkatsuki

Oh please. Be quiet. I play a lot of Battleships (look at my stats) and even I hate the whiners that say DD OP.

tumblr_lnbvt0hG7X1qkkln7o1_500.gif

Content moderated by JayStark02

Edited by JayStark02

View Postkyle26_2016, on 18 May 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

Right then...let's calm down slightly, shall we?  

Edited by JayStark02

Right then...let's calm down slightly, shall we? 

Edited by JayStark02