IcyThor

Gun sight

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

12 posts in this topic

I downloaded the Aslain modpack 0.6.5.  I want to try a different gun sight from the one offered by the game.  Any suggestions?

Thing about gunsights is that everyone has his own tastes and the gunsights affect us all differently. Some people cannot aim without that spider web sight, some people find it distracting. My personal recommendation is the plain Type 2 sight (I hope it was the second one) that this game offers, I find any more details to be distracting.

Just to make sure I didn't mix it up here is what it looks like

9oArmNl.jpg

Personally I find the extra diagonal lines of the type 7/8/9 (depending on color preference) to help immensely with leading targets in the spotter plane view.

I've also long been requesting the option to enable dynamic scaling on EVERY type of crosshair, but no luck so far.

I use the dynamic crosshair, but like DoomStomper, wish that there were multiple dynamic crosshair options, including one with the diagonal lines.  Right now, I have to try to guess how to proper lead targets on diagonal courses, relative to me.

Once you get used to Dynamic, it's very effective.  Especially if you are playing between ships with very different shell velocities.

I just want a dynamic crosshair with numbered hashes to help with leading a little quicker.

I just want a dynamic crosshair with numbered hashes to help with leading a little quicker.

I prefer the dynamic crosshair so that my lead is always the same, no matter what the zoom level is. Personal preference. I also aim "by feel" quite a bit, so it doesn't really matter all that much, I guess.

I wouldn't mind the dynamic crosshair applying to all of the available in-game crosshairs, though. I can't stand the static ones.

This is a great forum.  Players share their tips which makes me a better player and puts them at greater risk.

I will use the dynamic today and start adapting to it.

This is a great forum.  Players share their tips which makes me a better player and puts them at greater risk.

I will use the dynamic today and start adapting to it.

I switched to Dynamic Crosshairs sometime last year, after seeing that video while wondering what that option did after it got put into the game.

I like it because of its consistency due to the auto-scaling.  With the standard crosshairs you had to keep in mind the ranges you were sighting in on and recall how much lead on the "ticks" you needed for that range and zoom setting.  With Dynamic Crosshairs, it's the same, it keeps things simpler.

With the standard crosshairs, I often made the mistake, i.e. 10 ticks on the sights at X range and -2 zoom out, but I forgot and it was supposed to be 8, so I overshoot.  With Dynamic, it's the same regardless of how zoomed in / out I am.

I switched to Dynamic Crosshairs sometime last year, after seeing that video while wondering what that option did after it got put into the game.

I like it because of its consistency due to the auto-scaling.  With the standard crosshairs you had to keep in mind the ranges you were sighting in on and recall how much lead on the "ticks" you needed for that range and zoom setting.  With Dynamic Crosshairs, it's the same, it keeps things simpler.

With the standard crosshairs, I often made the mistake, i.e. 10 ticks on the sights at X range and -2 zoom out, but I forgot and it was supposed to be 8, so I overshoot.  With Dynamic, it's the same regardless of how zoomed in / out I am.

I used it last night and like it.  Its going to take me some time to adjust to it but I think it will improve my hit ratio.

I used it last night and like it.  Its going to take me some time to adjust to it but I think it will improve my hit ratio.

IMO, a dynamic crosshair is vastly better than a static one.  The dynamic Xhair improved my hit rate.  I will say though that it would be nice if there were more dynamic Xhair options, particularly some with the diagonal lines, since they help against ships on angled courses relative to your ship. .