Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BarronRichthofen

Anyone else notice this lately....

7 comments in this topic

[DRHS]
Members
439 posts
22,366 battles

I play this game a lot. But recently I've noticed that while not being spotted (no hud indicator) I'm getting fired upon. Most recently in a match where an Atlanta was roughly 6-7 km from me an Island between us, no spotting indicator and getting shelled by him. I can understand if I was spotted by a DD or aircraft or even his radar but there was NO SPOTTING INDICATOR.  I've noticed this the most on the Estuary map but it does happen on others as well. I've seen it happen in all classes of ships all Tiers and pretty sure all maps. 

The most annoying is when in a high stealth DD at ranges well beyond detection no spotting indicator and the some BB 20 km away drops a salvo on me. I know it could be a hack by some unscrupulous players, but with the frequency I've seen it I doubt that is the case.

[EF21]
Members
676 posts
46,890 battles

I got similar kill in my Atlanta today. The ship was behind an island. He got several shots at me before cutting deeper behind the island. I anticipated target location and fired. It takes a while for the shots to reach target area. It wasn't spotted when the hit/kill occurred. 

So, shots could have been fired 4-6 seconds before they hit, after spotting had lost detection.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,681 battles

I got similar kill in my Atlanta today. The ship was behind an island. He got several shots at me before cutting deeper behind the island. I anticipated target location and fired. It takes a while for the shots to reach target area. It wasn't spotted when the hit/kill occurred. 

So, shots could have been fired 4-6 seconds before they hit, after spotting had lost detection.

Same for BBs.  I fairly regularly get kills or big citadels on ships I no longer have spotted.  Many times, I'm aiming at a spot, and I lose target right as my guns finish reloading, so I let fly anyways.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Spotting indicators do seem buggy lately. Seem to get quite a few spotted warnings when all ships are accounted for, and far out of range. 

(Not talking aircraft spot)

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles

If you were spotted previously and didn't move, then some players are good enough to keep the crosshairs in place and drop a salvo or two on you.

Sometimes people will also shell locations (typically right nest to islands) suspected of harboring an unseen ship. People learn the maps and know where players tend to camp.

What's really fun is shooting ships in smoke after you learn how to aim on their gun flashes. Kills are usually followed by a "OMG HAX!!!" in global chat.

[-K--]
Members
663 posts
7,529 battles

If you were spotted previously and didn't move, then some players are good enough to keep the crosshairs in place and drop a salvo or two on you.

Sometimes people will also shell locations (typically right nest to islands) suspected of harboring an unseen ship. People learn the maps and know where players tend to camp.

What's really fun is shooting ships in smoke after you learn how to aim on their gun flashes. Kills are usually followed by a "OMG HAX!!!" in global chat.

This. Player base is getting better at firing into smoke and taking snapshots of your last known position.

Also take a second to think about being close to islands. If you're close to something, that's just another tool for them to judge your distance if you were even briefly spotted earlier.

Sign in to follow this