wacko17

0.6.5 Bug Reporting

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

80 posts in this topic

Islands weren't rendering for me.  Easy to run aground on the small ones when you can't see anything but a shadow.

invisible_islands_01.jpg

invisible_islands_02.jpg

I disabled ARP and Dragon content using the tick boxes accessed through the settings item above the ship carousel in port.

I'm not seeing ARP ships in port, but I'm still seeing them labelled ARP XXXX and with the garish bright camo in game.

Is this a bug or is anime content now mandatory?

Posted (edited) · Report post

​Didn't for me, fingers crossed for you. I've been extremely frustrated with the game for a couple of months now, and been toying with walking away. Maybe this is a sign. Which is a shame, because I've been loving the German BB grind.

You're right didn't work for me either, I've never had an issue with this game until this update. It's frustrating as hell because I just WASTED MY WHOLE DAY downloading this game TWICE! And still no response on it! Can someone look into this issue please? I really want to play this game, especially after WASTING a whole day downloading it TWICE! Please help!

I don't usually cry for help but ffs at this point I want to know how to fix the fuggin' thing!

Islands weren't rendering for me.  Easy to run aground on the small ones when you can't see anything but a shadow.

Check your settings for shaders and such in graphics, might be on low, that is an odd issue though?

Specs of my machine:

CPU: AMD FX4100 Zambezi 32nm Technology

RAM: 12.0GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 769 MHZ (9-9-9-24)

Mobo: ASUSTeK Sabertooth 990FX (AM3r2)

Graphics: Dual monitor HP S2031 (1600x900@60Hz) x2

Card: 4096 MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 370 Series (MSI)

Storage: 465 GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device (SATA)

Audio: Razer Surround Audio controller

Edited by Polk_Starfyre

Now when i am shift selecting my squadrons while playing as a CV, it will always zoom in/out as well. It seems to be an issue that only surfaced with this version of the game.

I just updated to 0.6.5... now my game crashes to login screen, no error messages, but just before it crashes, I lose the ability to fire main weapons, control throttle or steer. This happens only during game play. Port screen, hold screen while holding for the battle is fine, waiting on final "battle starts" timer is fine. Once I am fired upon, or I fire at someone, the issue starts.

AMD Athlon II P320

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series

3 Gigs RAM

Realtek High Definition Audio

Windows 10 Pro Ver 1607

Edit: I also noticed that while even the game Login screen is open, my HDD is running between 80-90% all the time. Swap file issue?

Edited by VTrucker2000

Regarding the Campaigns in progress tasks showing up in cyrillic, I am was able to reliably reproduce it and I think I can quantify the conditions that need to be met.

This bug does not occur if you have random battle selected. It correctly displays SELECT A SUITABLE SHIP.

If the ship type meets the criteria for the task, but you do not have random selected, it correctly reports "SELECT A SUITABLE BATTLE TYPE." If you select any battle type other than random, it will display the in progress task in cyrillic if the the selected ship type does not match the task requirements. 

I disabled ARP and Dragon content using the tick boxes accessed through the settings item above the ship carousel in port.

I'm not seeing ARP ships in port, but I'm still seeing them labelled ARP XXXX and with the garish bright camo in game.

Is this a bug or is anime content now mandatory?

There are two things you have to do now: There is a check box...it only affects your port. The small 'eye' icon must be clicked (it will show a small slash across it) and this hides the camo while in battle.

Completely counter-intuitive. It took me ten minutes to find the tiny NEW settings button. (My Opera browser doesn't display all the images from WG's web page, so I missed that it was changed.)

Edited by RevTKS

My game keeps dropping I'll be right in middle of a battle and it will lock up and drop

Greetings Captains!

Have you noticed any issues in game with the new update? Please let us know here. Remember, if you are having issues or game crashes and you have mods installed, please uninstall them and try again. 

After installing the new update, I have trouble with "ghost ships" blinking in and out. At long range, I can understand this happening, but seeing BBs and DDs suddenly appear at point blank range is unrealistic. No mods installed.

The new carousel filter provides more filter options for port and battle but I think the implementation is incomplete and a step backwards. Prior to 0.6.5 if I unchecked the ARP/SD box the ships wouldn't display in port and the captains wouldn't display in the Personal File. That behavior has changed with the new filter. I now always see the ARP/SD captains in the Personal File. The saving grace is that the anime captain is replaced by a human captain if I click on the "eye". I believe this was a backwards step WG. The filtering of the carousel should filter the Personal File in the same way - where the captain is removed from the file as the ship is removed from the carousel.

Cyrillic characters in Campaigns (see image in spoiler)

zHu0sNe.png

Edited by alexf24

The small 'eye' icon must be clicked (it will show a small slash across it) and this hides the camo while in battle.

Thanks! Also what a dumb system, why the heck would I want to see ARP in my port but not in battle and vice versa...

The signal flags do not show up for me???

Neither are mine....sorry haven't read all the post to see if this was answered.

Yesterday, during the battle, my game locked up.  Most times I can do a CTRL/ALT/DLT opening task manager, click the game in task manager, then go back to game.  This time the game became ''non-responsive".  I closed the game and then rebooted it, but got an error that I had to reinstall the client or the new launcher, don't remember which.

I close the computer and rebooted totally, came back, clicked on the new launcher and got the same error message.  I was on comms with friends and one told me to go to where my exe file is located and creat a new short cut to open the game.  This is working fine.  

Anyone else having this issue?  Is there a problem with this new launcher, which BTW, I am not fond of, and/or the new update?

I am not sure what is happening.  In the two recent DD battles, my HUD disappeared after switching from torps to guns.  When this happens, I cannot see any of my indicators, team players panel or mini-map.  Sometimes when I hold my view at the bottom of the screen, the HUD flickers but does not come back until the new battle starts or I exit the current game and come back in.

I planned on putting in screenshots and opening up a ticket but when I watched the replays, the HUD was there through the whole battle in the replay.  So if the HUD is there in the replay, how is it disappearing in the game? I have no mods running at this time.

I have this happen to me often for several months now.  I hit ctrl/alt/dlt bringing up the task manager, clicking on world of warships in the manager, then re-click on the game and all is well.  Hope this helps you....at least you don't have to close out of the game.  

Unable to add any aditional task in bismarck mission while final task in progress.

bug_zpswxq8knqr.png

Edited by Gandariel

Just had a Kutuzov on our team stay afk whole battle. That issue persisted throughout the last build. Looks like it's not fixed.

Aside from that the MM is horrible and it's not fun to play anymore. Maybe it's that lame Bismarck mission. Each game seems to have 5 BB's per side (many Bismarcks) and/or dd's, many with long range torps.  Think I'm taking a hiatus til the crap is over, if that is the cause. 

My Hood captain is resetting to the default 12 skills, but no skills picked. He also loses all earned experience.This is after resetting his skills again.

Still resetting next day. All British captains skills reset, I guess I get a free reset today.

Edited by Argonaught_10

Bismarck secondaries not firing until 7.4 km.

In port says range 10.0 km

My Benson AA does not turn off as it should, regardless of using "P" to toggle it. The icon shows it enable/disable but even when off the AA still fires. No mods installed, tried rebooting, happened in multiple games.

Were sigma values tampered with? I've noticed that ship shell groupings, especially BB shells, are falling way short of where I was aiming. Also, I've had two instances of an Atlanta invisi-firing me in a wide open area.

Just happened , loaded into Wows, no sound, loaded into game still no sound, game starts go to full speed move forward for 5 seconds game locks,had to reboot computer to get back into game were sound worked and all was good

This has happened before but that was 8 months ago ,thought all was fixed 

Out of battle, Im fine. In battle,my EVERYTHING is screwed. The only things that still function are the map and the scoreboard. Chat doesn't work. When I hold CTRL or bring up a menu with ESC or ALT+F4, I have no cursor and cannot select any options. The battle results screen is completely black as well, meaning after each battle I need to close the client with my task manager and restart the game.

JGbxGQi.jpg

n1tYLzq.jpg

In these screenshots, I'm sailing Tier 1 Cruiser Hashidate, not the Tier 8 Destroyer textField it thinks I'm sailing.

And no, I don't know if it happens with other ships. Not the best time for me to attempt grinding out the Bismarck campaign.

Friend and I have had an issue with smoke crashing our games while playing my Kutuzov and he in Edinbugh. Two games in a row my smoke would be close to done so div mate uses his smoke. Game has critical error as soon as he engages his smoke while still in mine. Used the same strat yesterday (17may17) with a different friend with same ships and no issues.