Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sasquatch_research

Defensive AA consumable/AA upgrade skills

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

7 posts in this topic

Hey

How does the Defensive AA consumable work in conjunction with onboard AA guns?  As it relates to taking taking Basic Firing Training or Advanced Firing Training (Capt. skills) on a T7 Japanese Cruiser (Myoko/ARP ships)?   I would imagine the answer would work with any cruiser.  I just haven't looked at the subject much, thanks for the help.

Pete

Hey

Thanks for the heads up; that does answer the basic question.  One more, what is LMB? as mentioned in the above info.  I seen it used in video's but just thought it was manual AA.

Pete

Hey

Thanks for the heads up; that does answer the basic question.  One more, what is LMB? as mentioned in the above info.  I seen it used in video's but just thought it was manual AA.

Pete

Left Mouse Button. It's when you ctrl-click the planes to focus AA on the squad. There is a small dps increase when you do that. 

LMB = Left Mouse Button, the one you use to fire the guns. Selecting the incoming squadrons with a click buffs the AA power by a small amount (not sure how much). Manual AA, if you have it, that selection buffs the AA power of 100mm and bigger AA guns on that target by 100%. AFT and BFT and such buff the AA. Manual AA and defensive fire then multiply that base fire power (in damage per second, DPS) by a certain multiplier. So buffing the base AA does affect the boosted AA.

However, you're posting in the IJN cruiser forum, so I assume that you have IJN cruisers. AA is not their strong point, so speccing for AA is not the best option out there for them. USN cruisers, AA build is a real option. Even German or some RU. IJN, not so much. But the same mechanics apply to all ships in game.

LMB = Left Mouse Button, the one you use to fire the guns. Selecting the incoming squadrons with a click buffs the AA power by a small amount (not sure how much).

30%.  That is, if you selecting a plane squad as priority target increases your AA DPS on that squad by a factor of 1.3. And this stacks with all other AA buffs.

Not so small, really; if you are vigilant about marking priority target you will find your # planes shot down increases substantially.

Hey

Great; thanks for explaining this to me.  I have used defensive fire and have activated it in game of course, and some ships have BFT and AFT but have never tried clicking on the aircraft for priority. Learn something new all the time.

Pete

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0