• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

219 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, UnitG2 said:

Money Pigeon, real money.

I wont buy another ship in the game until I have the Haida. With a 10 point captain of course.

I make you this promise.

I'll sign that!

8 hours ago, UnitG2 said:

Money Pigeon, real money.

I wont buy another ship in the game until I have the Haida. With a 10 point captain of course.

I make you this promise.

I could get on board with this.

Tell the folks in St.Petersburg that they need to get over the hockey shellackings and get some Canadian ships into the game. 

13 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Yeah it's too late for above zero weather in the Hamilton area, if you're going to visit Haida right now be sure to pack foul weather gear

Whaddaya talkin 'boot?  It's gonna be 44 deg .... er, 'scuse me, 33 degrees today.  That's swimsuit weather!  It won't even get below freezing tonite!

18 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

So to follow up, @Sub_Octavian said some things the other day:

OK that does help.  That being said, I always knew that you had brought the idea forward, so the reports that WG rejected the Haida makes me still hesitant to feel hopeful.  

I guess at least it isn't a 100% dead issue yet.  

It must seem like a silly fuss to everyone who isn't Canadian... 

2 hours ago, LmcsKillJoy said:

"so the reports that WG rejected the Haida makes me still hesitant to feel hopeful."

The "reports" was one person, in one thread, that said something he/she made up. 

I mean, you're getting it from now two employee sources, so if you want to believe a random person over us, I suppose that's your decision. :fish_palm:

20 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Honestly I think you guys should partner up with Parks Canada to raise some restoration funding for her, she needs it

With a special Canada camo like with Texas?

I7zpvx1.jpg

Please can you do it @Pigeon_of_War when she comes out?

Edited by Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi
Word Placement.

On 11/14/2017 at 1:01 PM, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Please can you do it @Pigeon_of_War when she comes out?

All older combat vessel could stand to do it some restoration. 

I think the difference with Texas and Haida is one of them is actually sinking as I type this...

That said, I would not bank on their being a donation drive for Haida anytime soon. Feel free to directly donate it via it's website, if you desire though! 

Hey pigeon alot of my Canadian friends would really really love to see this ship in the game please make possible.

Haida is sitting in fresh water, so it's not rusting out as badly as Texas, which sat in salt water for longer than Kidd's development cycle

Haida, eh.  

Consumable:  Beaver Tail Slap.   Enemy DDs ground themselves on the nearest beach.

Consumable:  Canadian Beaver Flooding. Well, because Canadian beavers have been flooding the world one 'give a damn' at a time  :D  Haida torpedoes may have extra flooding.

Class flavoUr:  Canadian maple Syrup Slick. Enemy ships that pass through the slick, well, bear with me here. Canadian Maple syrup goes great when eating by a fireplace or a warm wood burning stove sooooooooo when an enemy ship passes through a Haida slick they first slow down then burn for a bit then (spoiler alert) and because it feels so good they roll over to get their bellies scratched.  :D

As far as the camo  we could just have the simple maple leaf on the funnel.  Kind of like the celebrations of the two head coaches on the mens and womens hockey team at the last winter olympics.  Immediately when the game was over one head coach went directly to shake hands with the opposite teams coaches and the other head coach did a very tiny fistpump and went to shake hads with the opposite teams coaches.  There was no jumping up and down and carrying on.

For the, "Henderson has scored for Canada!" kind of celebration maybe a Texas style Canadian flag camo.

My preference for a special camo, thoUgh, would be a paint with a poppy somehow.

Yea, I'd do Haida and, sorry, have to get hockey and sorry in here somehow, eh.

I apologize to all the hosers for my horribad writing.

Thank you to  Pigeon_of_War  for you're responses to this thread.

1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

Haida is sitting in fresh water, so it's not rusting out as badly as Texas, which sat in salt water for longer than Kidd's development cycle

I lived in Hamilton for many years and down the street from her, While its fresh water its still Hamilton harbour which if you swam in it would make you grow a tail.    

Edit: she went in for repairs last year http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/hmcs-haida-glides-through-hamilton-harbour-on-way-to-drydock-repairs-1.3765195

On another note WG should do another meetup at her next year. 

5 minutes ago, The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob said:

I lived in Hamilton for many years and down the street from her, While its fresh water its still Hamilton harbour which if you swam in it would make you grow a tail.    

On another note WG should do another meetup at her next year. 

They should have left her at Ontario Place

• Tell me why you want this ship
  • Tell me if you think it's worth adding to Commonwealth tree, since I personally don't know if a Canadian line is viable at this time but it's fun to imagine
  • Tier Thoughts?
  • General thoughts?
  • Should I have gone with Dove_of_War instead, and gone for the irony?

1 I would like Haida as she is a Canadian Icon. The feisty representative of the tribal class Destroyers that were fierce fighters,

2. SHe would be a premium and probably under the common wealth tree, as Canada did not have a very diverse line of  boats, granted now that we see he pan asia line,  there is potential for a Canadian tree with all the  classes of ships that were lend lease.

3. Tier thoughts  would be 6 or 7, possibly 8 with proper equipment.

4. General thoughts,  People have wanted this proud ship for awhile, and Tribal class DDs  in general, I would kill to get a HMCS Athabaskan. 

5. Dove of war would work quite nicely given how much fighting you have to do.

17 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

The "reports" was one person, in one thread, that said something he/she made up. 

I mean, you're getting it from now two employee sources, so if you want to believe a random person over us, I suppose that's your decision. :fish_palm:

Well to be fair you ARE a talking pigeon...

zxvvsdb.jpg.93eb0fc7019abd16525b2f73b5340be9.jpg5a0cfaa672400_images(9)xcvxb.jpg.a4a0541baacd03b2afaf60854d0ed064.jpg

On 11/14/2017 at 2:06 PM, Pigeon_of_War said:

All older combat vessel could stand to do it some restoration. 

I think the difference with Texas and Haida is one of them is actually sinking as I type this...

That said, I would not bank on their being a donation drive for Haida anytime some. Feel free to directly donate it via it's website, if you desire though! 

Thank you, Mr, War for the attention to both ships. Uss Texas and HMCS Haida. Lets please donate to these vessels, if you have mean's I will write checks as soon as out of hospital I have been donating to Texas for a while now and will now allocate some funds for this wonderful Canadian sister. Please help if you are able. and Thank you War Gaming and Pigeon of war for the updates. bless you, all and these vessels. Pray for there salvation thank you for your time.

Edited by sweetand_gone
pic

I'm all for more premium destroyers, but have no idea who/what a Haida is.

I'm guessing from comments it's a Tribal class like the Cossack, Tartar and Eskimo (which I actually have heard of?)

Why do I want this ship? I'm Canadian, therefore, I want, at least, one Canadian ship in this game so we Canadians can see our flag in the game too.

Canada had the fourth largest Navy at the end of WW2.

The tier: whichever works the best for the type of ship the HMCS Haida is.

General thoughts: there are enough 'commonwealth' ships for a line of it's own. Undoubtedly, there is, for both a DD & a Cruiser line.

Bonus question: You should rename yourself Seagull of War (pigeons are a land bird, you doofus).