• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

219 posts in this topic

In my experience, "working on it" comes right before "soon" on WoW's list of canned generic responses.

Why is this even a question look at some of the other premiums....some countries have a bit of a saturation LOL

Haida T-6...Gallant is T-6 comparable

Before the year is out 150th anniversary...

Its way past due to recognize the RCN in this game PERIOD!

l will buy her soon as she drops!

On 8/19/2017 at 4:18 PM, Furysghost said:

Why is this even a question look at some of the other premiums....some countries have a bit of a saturation LOL

Haida T-6...Gallant is T-6 comparable

Before the year is out 150th anniversary...

Its way past due to recognize the RCN in this game PERIOD!

l will buy her soon as she drops!

I have stopped playing over the whole Canada Day thing, but have not uninstalled.  Hoping they can make things right.  

On 11/7/2017 at 9:09 AM, LmcsKillJoy said:

Clearly WG has no interest in moving forward with this.    

Clearly :cap_popcorn:

5 minutes ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Clearly :cap_popcorn:

:cap_hmm:

On 11/7/2017 at 0:09 PM, LmcsKillJoy said:

Clearly WG has no interest in moving forward with this.    

:fish_palm:

1 minute ago, CanadianArmoured said:

I will accept "working on it" and "soon" as acceptable answers to the Haida question.

See the source image

Honestly I think you guys should partner up with Parks Canada to raise some restoration funding for her, she needs it

^ ooo I second this, if it can be arranged. 

I would support anything that would:

- Get attention and perhaps a bit of extra funding toward this ship - even if the event itself didn't chip in any cash, the event would itself generate extra visitation dough.

- Get WG's butt up to Canada.

Cmon Pigeon, it's wonderful this time of year.  If you act now, you can get one of the few days left where the temperature is above zero.  That's t-shirt weather for sure.

If winter isn't your thing, then you have 6 solid months to plan for next summer.

2 minutes ago, InvalidKey said:

Cmon Pigeon, it's wonderful this time of year.  If you act now, you can get one of the few days left where the temperature is above zero.  That's t-shirt weather for sure.

If winter isn't your thing, then you have 6 solid months to plan for next summer.

Yeah it's too late for above zero weather in the Hamilton area, if you're going to visit Haida right now be sure to pack foul weather gear

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:41 PM, RedEagle86 said:

1. I want the ship because:  I’m Canadian, it’s most likely the only Canadian ship that could be put into WoWS, it’s the only surviving Tribal-class Destroyer in the world, it’s Canada’s most-decorated ship, it’s service history (see bit about Scharnhorst), it actually served with the Błyskawica,
  2. Definitely into the Commonwealth Tree, since while a Canadian tree might be fun (lots of paper ships!), we didn’t have original designs in our Navy. 
  3. As others have stated, whatever tier you put the Tribal-class of Destroyers in, but probably the Tier 6-7 range.
  4. Giving us Harry DeWolf as the commander – he was the first commander of the Haida, but he also commanded the 2 CV’s that Canada had post-war.  He also served as the Chief of Naval Staff for the RCN.
  5. Dove of War would’ve been ironic, but I prefer pigeon, for various reasons.

Yes, Now I Admit I may be a bit biased because I'm Canadian myself, but YES FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, ADD HAIDA as a Tier 7 Premium Commonwealth Destroyer (Heavy Destroyer Technically).

Also, YES I love the Idea of adding Harry DeWolf as a New Legendary Commander in game. DO IT!!!

Just now, LordHood2552 said:

Yes, Now I Admit I may be a bit biased because I'm Canadian myself, but YES FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, ADD HAIDA as a Tier 7 Premium Commonwealth Destroyer (Heavy Destroyer Technically).

Also, YES I love the Idea of adding Harry DeWolf as a New Legendary Commander in game. DO IT!!!

Heavy Destroyer? That designation is completely made up. 

Just now, xX_Critical_ClopOut69_Xx said:

Heavy Destroyer? That designation is completely made up. 

By Heavy Destroyer I mean by the it's tonnage is only a few off from being call a Light Cruiser

Also I refer to heavier armament (guns) and the class itself can be in both the UK and Commonwealth Branch's as a Destroyer Leader

22 minutes ago, LordHood2552 said:

By Heavy Destroyer I mean by the it's tonnage is only a few off from being call a Light Cruiser

Also I refer to heavier armament (guns) and the class itself can be in both the UK and Commonwealth Branch's as a Destroyer Leader

You're stretching the tonnage thing by a wee bit, but tots, the Tribals we're designed as gunboats in mind. 

30 minutes ago, LordHood2552 said:

No? Not even close. The Tribal's weighed at most 2,745 tons compared to something like the Dido class, weighing at bare minimum, 5,700 tons. There's also the fact the Tribal's gun armament is nowhere near even the most badly armed CL's with 5 inch and 5.25 inch guns. 

Heavier guns? 4.7 inch guns were rather standard for RN DD's, she was only special in how many guns she carried and even that was made irrelevant when refits removed their 'X' turrets. 

She can be called a DL however, she's nowhere near CL levels.

Money Pigeon, real money.

I wont buy another ship in the game until I have the Haida. With a 10 point captain of course.

I make you this promise.