• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

172 posts in this topic

Would love to see the Haida as well!!

As others have mentioned she's sistered to the Blyskawica now.  

Could do some events or missions including both ships...

Please also abolish the 'Commonwealth' nation and relaunch Britain as 'British Empire' allowing captain cross-training between British and Dominion ships. Most of Australia's cruisers served initially under British Captains. Disallowing that cross training while allowing Australian/Canadian overlap is odd at best.

​100% this ^^^.

I keep hearing that HMCS Haida should be added to the game. I'm curious how large the general interest in this ship is.

So, if you could please:

• Tell me why you want this ship

>> I'm not Canadian (nearby, live near Seattle) but the Canucks in our Fleet are desperate for a vessel they can call their own. They certainly deserve it, after all the sacrifices they made during the war.

• Tell me if you think it's worth adding to Commonwealth tree, since I personally don't know if a Canadian line is viable at this time but it's fun to imagine.

>> I agree that there isn't enough variation to support a seperate Canadian line, but premiums would be nice. Even better idea, make ALL Commonwealth ship commanders the same, so UK, Canadian, Australian and Kiwi COs can be swapped. You could do the same thing with the Pan-Asian ships as well!

• Tier Thoughts?

>> If it doesn't have torpedo reload modules, leave it at T6, otherwise if the guns can turn fast and reload module is in place, T7.

• General thoughts?

>> If you want to talk about Generals, go play WoT... (Okay, seriously though, I'd like to see more nations included, not just US/IJN/RUS.

Bonus question

• Should I have gone with Dove_of_War instead, and gone for the irony?

>> No, everyone knows Pigeons are actually robots from the planet Zenon that have been sent to Earth to prepare us for colonization....

I'd like Haida to be put in as i do feel the canadians need some representation in game but..

Personally I'd prefer HMS Cossack... Since there have been a few good chances to put her in and they've been passed by without so much as a mention until today when her badge pops up in the campaign collection... Oh WG! Why do you taunt me so? :unsure:

I'm American so I may not Have the finest of Edjucatchin but I like the Idea of HMCS Haida being present in the game. 
Also I've never heard of the trainbuster club. I'd love to see that plaque. 
Anyway, I'm all for more premiums and Haida is definitely one that deserves it as a commonwealth tier 7 or 8. 

Otherwise I will simply duplicate the same post from ClopOut above, shes a pretty ship and the Canucks need her or else they may riot!

Summary to why?

A very highly decorated ship

Long service history

Last and still surviving tribal

Just a beautiful looking ship

Heil Haida!

24blpo3.png

Hail Haida! Immortal Haida! She shall never be Destroyed!
Lock a forum thread, and two more shall take its place!
We serve none, but the Master!
As the world shall soon serve us! Hail Haida!

Yep just adding another voice to thread...everyone else has said why better than i can...i will say this is one boat i will gladly open the wallet for...make it happen WG and we'll name a hockey arena after you.

:)

I gotta wonder why the question is "why should Haida be added to the game?" as opposed to "Why shouldn't it be added to the game?"

Think of it this way, at some point in the future, there will be a British destroyer line. And that line will or will not have the Tribal Class destroyer in it. If it doesn't, Haida should be added in order to account for that famous class of ship, and also to show up That-Game-which-must-not-be-named. And if the Tribal class is added to that line, then you already have all the assets needed to slap together a premium and cash in!

And not to be too much of a pessimist, but WG has made reskin premiums before to make a quick buck without having to spend a lot of manhours modeling ships, and even though some of these ships may have been of questionable historical significance they were still added because they'd be impossible not to make a profit on. So what's the problem with spending the time to model a historic ship that has a really interesting and extensive combat history? And not even spending that much time when compared to modeling a battleship.

There are loads of reasons to add Haida, most of them listed. The service history, platooning with the Blyskawica, generating awareness for a cool ship for the purpose of preservation, Canada needs a ship for its contribution, ETC. And then there could be gameplay reasons too, I can see Haida fulfilling a unique role at tier 7 (which is where it really needs to be because of the Blyskawica). But mostly the main reason you should add the Haida is because of all the money! It’s a friggen goldmine! All the Canadians would be all over it, all the collectors would be all over it, and play your cards right and make it Competitive ​and everyone else will be all over it too. 

Again, currently, you guys are adding in ships like the Admiral Makarov (which probably won't do so well because it’s a reskin), the Glowworm (which basically no one knew about and no one cares about), and the Kidd, which is a cool destroyer but only has a quarter of the pedigree of the Haida. Which again begs the question of why not add it?

And think of this. Haida could fill out an interesting spot in tier 7 of being just the greatest dedicated destroyer hunter. Give it access to the concealment module like the Belfast, and it could sneak up on other destroyers at its tier and then lay into them, and with 2/3 of its firepower in the front (and the guns being basically the same as Blyskawica) it could be the best in tier for chasing other destroyers down. In fact, an interesting Idea that I've been tossing around for Haida would be for a destroyer that really plays more like a light cruiser. Give it defensive AA, Hydro for dodging torps, and dare I say it, Radar. But no smoke. Make it the best for rushing destroyers and taking care of them (similar to real life) but also requiring a bit of assistance against cruisers and battleships (because it can't smoke and shoot and its torpedo armament is lacking). On its own that would be a unique playstyle, but it would also be able to synergize really well with the Blyskawica. Do something that gives it a unique playstyle and you can get people who aren't collectors or Canadians to consider buying it. 

As a final thought, Haida could be even more lucrative if the Commonwealth nations (Which she would need to be in) were able to train RN Crews. Unless an entire Commonwealth tree of clones is intended, some may be turned off by the idea of getting a ship that has no training value, and making that sort of change would remove that concern.  

In all, Haida needs to be in this game.   

To the thread:

You are heard. 

To the thread:

You are heard. 

​I'd like to take all the credit for getting Haida Into the game with my passionate and articulate argument. Canada owes me big time.  

• Tell me why you want this ship
  • Tell me if you think it's worth adding to Commonwealth tree, since I personally don't know if a Canadian line is viable at this time but it's fun to imagine
  • Tier Thoughts?
  • General thoughts?

- My Perth is lonely in the Commonwealth tree.  Besides, Canada deserves their hero ship as much as the USN, IJN, RN, and VMF do.  Haida is a legit combat vet with an impressive record.

- Yes.  A Canadian tree is not viable, but we have Commonwealth.

- 7 sounds about right

- Honestly surprised that it's not already been done.

To the thread:

You are heard. 

Step 1 on how to increase good PR tenfold

Step 1 on how to increase good PR tenfold

Step 2: don't make mistakes a 3rd time

Step 3: fix the CV's

no idea what step 4 is

To the thread:

You are heard. 

excellent..... another commonwealth ship *prepares money* :D once we get Haida it will be time for the Commonwealth realms to band together to get a Kiwi or another Aussie ship in (HMNZS Royalist & HMAS Australia II anyone lol?)

So the Haida will be launched with a WG event in Hamilton?  Awesome.  See you there pigeon!

:hiding:

BECAUSE, CANADIA LAND!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

excellent..... another commonwealth ship *prepares money* :D once we get Haida it will be time for the Commonwealth realms to band together to get a Kiwi or another Aussie ship in (HMNZS Royalist & HMAS Australia II anyone lol?)

I have high hopes for the Commonwealth line to be flushed out in due time; it will make a great supplementary line to the RN and high light the contributions of famous ships under the empire's flag

Step 2: don't make mistakes a 3rd time

Step 3: fix the CV's

no idea what step 4 is

Step four is 'Profit!'  Obviously.

As an American, I want to see Haida and my wallet is prep... well, okay, it's prepared for the lowest-priced Hood package and then De Grasse in a month or two.  But my wallet WILL be prepared if you bring Haida out in... uh.  Yes, August.  August would be fine.  I'd rather have Haida than Gallant, to be honest! :)

And I'd suggest that, since the Tribals only have a single torpedo launcher, why not emulate Akizuki and give Haida the torpedo reload booster?

Step four is 'Profit!'  Obviously.

As an American, I want to see Haida and my wallet is prep... well, okay, it's prepared for the lowest-priced Hood package and then De Grasse in a month or two.  But my wallet WILL be prepared if you bring Haida out in... uh.  Yes, August.  August would be fine.  I'd rather have Haida than Gallant, to be honest! :)

And I'd suggest that, since the Tribals only have a single torpedo launcher, why not emulate Akizuki and give Haida the torpedo reload booster?

You know Canada's 150th Birthday is in 35 days right? Were hoping she'll be here in time for the celebrations

To the thread:

You are heard. 

I feel a song coming on! :D

How did I miss this thread?!

The answer is yes.  Now that the Hood is in the game, this is the only remaining premium ship that I would buy sight unseen and even if WG decided to do the sneaky ultimate bundle unlock nonsense.

Tell me why you want this ship:

I'm Canadian and the Tribal class destroyers are by far the most famous "major" warships of the RCN, Haida in particular.  Plus I live just down the road from Hamilton, so it's kind of neat to think a ship from nearby might be playable.

Tell me if you think it's worth adding to Commonwealth tree, since I personally don't know if a Canadian line is viable at this time but it's fun to imagine:

What other ships are going to go into the Commonwealth tree if not Canadian ships?  It'll a pretty narrow interpretation of Commonwealth line if it's just a few Australian cruisers and destroyers.  I'm guessing you don't want to flesh it out with a few Royal Indian Navy sloops; the South African Navy had 6 members in 1939.  HMNZS Leander is already in the game as a RN ship and Achilles is probably the only non-Australian Commonwealth ship of much fame other than a few Canadian destroyers -- you probably don't want to have 3 different Leanders.

Tier Thoughts:

Could be T7 or T8 depending on how the guns are balanced.  As others have said the Blyskawica is probably the ship most similar to how most players imagine the Haida (or any Tribal).

General thoughts:

Given the fact that the Tribals were specifically designed as gunboats I think there's an argument for Haida to play a bit more like a Soviet DD than the Blyskawica, especially since she only would have a single torpedo launcher.  That said, I don't know if I like the potential power creep that implies.  Soviet DDs are already pretty wonky, not sure we need more of them.

Should I have gone with Dove_of_War instead, and gone for the irony?

I guess this depends on how you feel about pigeons and doves.  The pigeon is just a rock dove without any remaining self respect and a propensity for eating french fries, so you could call yourself the Rock_n_Roll_Dove_of_War.  But then you'd be one of those guys with the annoyingly long names that clip off the team list at the beginning of a match...

probably the only non-Australian Commonwealth ship of much fame other than a few Canadian destroyers

There's also HMCS Niobe (Tier III cruiser) and HMCS Bonaventure (Tier ? carrier) along with possibly a Bogue class carrier.