Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Spooooooooooooooooooooon

La Galissonniere fan club

34 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,187 posts
15,766 battles

I enjoy the ship but for me lately no matter how well I do my team all too often finds a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

[CAP]
Members
139 posts
9,511 battles

I enjoy the ship but for me lately no matter how well I do my team all too often finds a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I wish F3 resulted in a graphic that told my team - for a bit longer than a few seconds - please focus fire on this guy.  They get distracted so easily:  Broadside = Squirrel! Just because that ship showed its broadside 5 minutes ago, or has half health, doesn't mean you should continue to ignore the DD that's 5km from us.

[KRAK]
Members
1,946 posts
19,352 battles

This ship just as lousy as before latest drop. Omaha outgunned me easily.

Edited by Ericson38

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
2,227 posts
7,190 battles

Talleyrand that was an excellent writeup!

Thanks!

[KRAK]
Members
1,946 posts
19,352 battles
Na, you are certainly jesting. Fire breathing, what other cruisers do you play and how do they stack against it ?

Members
441 posts
8,477 battles

Na, you are certainly jesting. Fire breathing, what other cruisers do you play and how do they stack against it ?

This is the fan club thread. The Negative Nancy thread is elsewhere.
  • Cool 2

[KRAK]
Members
1,946 posts
19,352 battles
The T6 actually works OK when down to 10% health, as I have AD RUSH as a capt skill. Then ROF is tolerable. Still very poor cruiser. Burned through all my best flags with ease. Last battle three enemy ships tried to ram us (Omaha, Cleveland, Fury Taco). They did not fire at us, just to ram sink. Sank one, got 30K in that battle. A first.
Edited by Ericson38

[KRAK]
Members
1,946 posts
19,352 battles

Just got this thing fully upgraded.  With Demo expert and fire flags this baby sets fires like nobody's business.  I absolutely love this ship.

​Are you a beta tester for this ship ?

Beta Testers
1,278 posts
16,820 battles

​Are you a beta tester for this ship ?

Nope just a fan of it.  It suits my playstyle for this type of ship.  I'm sure there are ships you love that I wouldn't care for as well.

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
2,227 posts
7,190 battles

I test it before launch. i found it ok. Not great but centanly not bad. It just require a special style of playing. 

[KRAK]
Members
1,946 posts
19,352 battles

Nope just a fan of it.  It suits my playstyle for this type of ship.  I'm sure there are ships you love that I wouldn't care for as well.

​I'm at over 6000 games, so I'm playing it uptiered in t6-8 games 50% of time, never the top tier. At t6-8, there are plenty of ways to get taken out. No kiting or hitting from a distance at those levels. You have 1/3 the games I have, so you are playing it possibly mid tier ? Plus you have 10 games in it. I have 95.
Edited by Ericson38

Members
441 posts
8,477 battles

6000 games!  Wow, very impressive.  You must be an excellent player with that many under your belt.  

*Snicker*
  • Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,946 posts
19,352 battles

Trying to win and survive two (2) battles in T6 French right now....painful. Hunt for Bismark contest, task 1.

I know...a lot of games....

Edited by Ericson38

Members
887 posts
1,625 battles

Loved the EB.  Hate the Gal.  It is slower, poor maneuvering and easier to hurt.  The fire starting?  My budy does better.  My best game in gal seems to do less then my worse end of budy.  I just dont get.  I really cannot figure this ship out and why I would choose it over any other ship. I want to like french line.  

But what is gals advantage?

1.  It is slow... With speed boost active using up a slot that could be a good consumable

2.  poor maneuvering.

3.  large detection even conceap build.

4.  Laughable torps.

5.  Citadel any angle armor.

6.  Poor damage and pen weapons with terrible reload.

That last one is what got me tilty.  Last match, a Budy, full broadside at 8km.  One pen and rest shattered, bounced or missed with AP.  wth?

[KRAK]
Members
1,946 posts
19,352 battles

Easy to take out instantly. Stay away from BBs absolutely, which means you operate like Chief Man Afraid.

But not so in Cleveland, which can roast them and force them to turn away. In seven games, survived 1, 3 games were instant BB salvoes (you ought to hear that through the speakers). Fire a torp spread, you will draw all the fire, as you can't defend your action afterward. So the torp spread, unless tested in perfectly lab controlled situation(haha) is useless, in tactical duals, unlike English cruisers which can pop smoke if they have to. American cruisers don't need them, and IJN cruisers set very low in the water and are harder to take out instantly. They were brought out just prior to the Bismark missions, with the Hood, and I wonder if they are basically fish food for those who paid to play.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles

La Gala's gun reload time was nerfed just before the line was released.  I always wondered why.  Now we know.

Sign in to follow this