Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
husband

Error loading .wowsreplay file to support. The response is "epic"

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

5 posts in this topic

I posted a support ticket and attempted to post the replay on the support portal:izmena:

In the support ticket I mention the portal gives me this error about the wrong file type, apparently somewhere ".wowsreplay" is an incorrect filetype and no-one has fixed it yet:

####

should be able to upload WoWs replays? do I need to rename the replay?

>>> File 20170515_222811_PGSD106-Ernst-Gaede_42_Neighbors.wowsreplay: invalid format. Allowed file formats: bak, cfg, dmp, jpeg, jpg, log, pdf, png, pp2, rar, replay, txt, wgc, wotreplay, wowpreport, xls, xlsx, zip

Their canned response is: 

Since replays are available, we will need them before taking any action against rule violations that are not recorded in a screenshot.

You can find instructions for how to manually enable replays and all the other relevant information for recording your World of Warships battles in this Knowledgebase Article: Enable Replays

You should be able to directly attach .wowsreplay files to your forum posts and ticket replies through the "Attach Files" function, you will also need to place the file in a .zip.

:facepalm:

but I just reported that I had an error uploading .wowsreplay files...

so a zip will be sent post haste, but seriously.. :honoring:

Yeah...customer service at it's worst.

I suspect to facilitate faster workflow there is a filter than scans and allocates the canned response and is only designed to deal with one issue at a time per ticket. I assume 80% of the support tickets are one issue items and their software has been tailored to optimize that and anything more complicated will require repeat contact and can't be predicted easily with an algorithm

You should be able to directly attach .wowsreplay files to your forum posts and ticket replies through the "Attach Files" function, you will also need to place the file in a .zip.

They're telling you you got the file error because you didn't put it in a ZIP first. So... I'm really not sure how this is bad service? I mean they're telling you exactly what you need to know. Okay it's a canned reply, but it's a canned reply with the data you needed. Why is that bad? 

They're telling you you got the file error because you didn't put it in a ZIP first. So... I'm really not sure how this is bad service? I mean they're telling you exactly what you need to know. Okay it's a canned reply, but it's a canned reply with the data you needed. Why is that bad? 

I was following the initial instructions so the canned reply was poor because:

they are specifically asking for the .wowsreplay replay file AND the zip..(The initial support ticket for replays DOES NOT ASK for "and a zip file")

but the software does NOT RECOGNIZE .wowsreplay files - 

so what is wrong with the reply is : they are asking for me to attach something the software does not allow, and I am letting them know that and then sending a canned reply asking for the same thing I just wrote in letting them know their system does not permit it and is bugged. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0