Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheBishop

ghost torps

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

8 posts in this topic

getting tired of launching torps, hearing them, SEEING them in the water, and have them disappear because i get sunk.  FIX THIS!!!!!

It happens because of net code. Generally you fire torps client-side, but server-side you died before firing them so they don't "disappear" when the server updates the client.

And after a perfectly set up torpedo ambush around an island, I get nuked by a lucky secondary shot.

And my torpedo launch gets cancelled 'after the fact'.

RNG is wonderful.  Gets your hopes up with a successful suicide strike, just to have your hopes dashed.

It's a game.  Don't let it play you.   There will be a next battle.

It wasn't always like this, I think something changed with how torps fire the update before the RN CAs were released.

had this happen

hate it

don't know how they can fix it though, as it's a client/server issue

I'm more concerned with the OTHER ghost torps.

This has happened several times in the last few weeks.  Sailing along, no ships, no planes, no torp warnings,, then Bam.  Struck by 3-4 torps and sunk.   Some guys have said it could be a graphics issue where torps or planes weren't rendered.  But that shouldn't impact the torpedo warning or airplane warnings received.

I'm more concerned with the OTHER ghost torps.

This has happened several times in the last few weeks.  Sailing along, no ships, no planes, no torp warnings,, then Bam.  Struck by 3-4 torps and sunk.   Some guys have said it could be a graphics issue where torps or planes weren't rendered.  But that shouldn't impact the torpedo warning or airplane warnings received.

Same here.  BAM..  Half my health gone..  Where did it go?  No shells, no torps, no planes ???  Not even detected.

It was two torpedoes from a dead enemy Russian cruiser that should only have 4KM range.

I figure RNG can be cruel.  The torpedoes malfunctioned and went on forever.

Got sunk by remote guided torps 2 days ago. The Shimi that launched them must have used the "Bend it like Beckham special". They actually went in a curve and ended up hitting me amidships. Frustrating, but funny....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0