Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
warp103

Review of the Akatsuki t7

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

5 posts in this topic

Worst t7  gunboat ever. This was the start of why I was salty last week Lots of players like the BB at the end of the review.

Akatsuki isn't supposed to play like a gunboat. I read somewhere on the forums that a hybrid of her guns and torps work best.

Log Horizon Akatsuki is best Akatsuki.

WoWs Akatsuki? Wouldn't know; I don't intend to go up that branch.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Akatsuki isn't supposed to play like a gunboat. I read somewhere on the forums that a hybrid of her guns and torps work best.

Exactly this. No IJN DD aside from Akizuki should be played as a gunboat. In fact, most aren't even worth the effort of trying to enhance their guns. The only two I could think of that would/could benefit from helping their gun capabilities are Akatsuki and Yuugumo. But doing so makes neither of them anything remotely close to a gunboat. So you enhance your guns and torpedoes, then you continue to play it like an IJN DD, which means don't use your guns unless you're absolutely sure you won't take a lot of damage and/or can win the fight. Having the enhanced guns just helps to surprise some players, and to gain a bit more consistency across your games as your guns become a bit more reliable to fall back on for damage.

I myself may be who you heard that from as I've said that in a few threads before. I find Akatsuki excels if you enhance her guns as much as possible, while also putting in points to enhance her torpedo capabilities.

Edit: OP, I watched half the video out of curiosity as I personally love my Akatsuki, and I've come to the conclusion that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Stop trying to force the ship into a roll it wasn't meant to perform and build around the ships capabilities instead.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

There is only one legitimate IJN gunboat, which is the Tier 8 Akizuki. Period.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0