jeffreywalker74656

Hood Bundle Nonsense

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

54 posts in this topic

So apparently they are releasing Hood in staggered bundles once again. Not allowing you to just buy the ship and a slot till after the Campaign "Hunt for Bismarck" ends. I thought they learned from the backlash the last time not to do this again. Apparently not. I was really excited to see Hood added to the game. This foolishness makes me not sure I even want her anymore. I am sure I am not alone in that. How many people want to be forced to spend at least twice as much to get her in time for a campaign that revolves around her and Bismarck. Its almost as if they learned nothing from the last time people got so angry when they did these staggered bundled nonsensical releases. They did it with the Graf Spee and so many people got angry they relented and sold her in all forms at once. Come on Wargaming be realistic. 

You don't have to have the Hood to complete the campaign. Having the Hood just makes it easier/faster to complete it. So just buy it after the campaign ends.

IIRC, the campaign doesn't actually revolve around Hood, and Hunt for Graf Spee didn't really either. 

IIRC, the campaign doesn't actually revolve around Hood, and Hunt for Graf Spee didn't really either. 

You needed Spee to complete Stage 1 of the camo campaign.

Oh yeah it just takes ten times longer. Yeah who cares about that ??? People with lives and jobs and real world obligations who can't spend 12 hours a day on a video game. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Oh yeah it just takes ten times longer. 

No it doesn't. Quit making mountains out of molehills.

Edited by Zero_Kelvin

Oh yeah it just takes ten times longer. Yeah who cares about that ??? People with lives and jobs and real world obligations who can't spend 12 hours a day on a video game. 

So spend some money, or ignore the campaign entirely. No one is forcing you to do it.

So spend some money, or ignore the campaign entirely. No one is forcing you to do it.

So spend 100 dollars or screw off pretty much. Got it. They don't want money from me that's fine.  Edited by jeffreywalker74656

These aren't the "earn 20,000 base XP" missions from hunt for Graf

I could probably unlock Bismarck in 4 hours or less.

These aren't the "earn 20,000 base XP" missions from hunt for Graf

I could probably unlock Bismarck in 8 hours or less.

Edited by X15

So spend 100 dollars or screw off pretty much. Got it. They don't want money from me that's fine. 

Or wait a week or so and buy the hood (all the while working on the campaign in the mean time) and spend less money and buy it if you want it. Or don't. You don't need the Hood to complete the campaign and most of the steps aren't that hard.

Keep in mind that we haven't seen official NA bundles yet.

Didn't they stagger sale the original Prinz Eugen bundles too?

The nice thing about Graf Spee was you could get the Spee without buying it through the campaign, and still complete the 6 ship acquisition.

Plus I ended up with the Spee special camo somehow through a mission or whatever later I think.

Edited by slokill_1

Hey, maybe we'll be lucky and WG NA won't pull this stunt again after the amount of flak they got last time.

Maybe.

Hey, maybe we'll be lucky and WG NA won't pull this stunt again after the amount of flak they got last time.

Maybe.

That is really my whole point. Why are they doing this crap again. 

That is really my whole point. Why are they doing this crap again. 

We don't know if they are doing it yet. At least I haven't seen anything about it yet on the WG NA page.

The tasks arent that hard with or without the Hood. This is not a big deal. 

gK1VRoH.jpg

Didn't they stagger sale the original Prinz Eugen bundles too?

And everyone hated it. Even people like me who did eventually buy Prinz Eugen. When the Ship + Slot part came out.

You needed Spee to complete Stage 1 of the camo campaign.

And you could get Spee for free in the other campaign, with plenty of time to spare to get to the Tirpitz free XP camo.

In this campaign, Hood is not required from what I've seen. Once again, people are triggered over nothing. If you don't want the Hood bundle, then simply don't buy one. Problem solved. 

It looks to me that the Hood is required to complete Task 8 of each mission.

It is but you dont need those tasks to finish the campaign.

You can get the Bismarck and collectibles without Hood. 

Did Wargaming change their CEO recently? Because as a company they have been acting differently than they used to.

I thought this 'Hood' mission results in the BISMARCK, along with some snazzy camo for Hood and Bismarck.

It's made easier if you have the Hood.

So this is a bit different than the Graf Spee.  There was a separate mission to get the Graf Spee for free, but the campaigns were staggered by start date.

And each start date resulted in a lesser bundle cost for the Spee.

Buy the Spee and you had a month to do the camo mission.  Grind it out and you had a week.  I took the long way, since I didn't care about the camo too much.

After I got the Spee, I thought -- why not.  Give it a try.

And so I now have a camo'd Fuso, Farragut, and Leander sitting in my port.  Didn't finish to the Bayern.  I don't use them much but they look nice.

Digging through the documents, I don't see any way of earning a Hood.  So this is entirely different.  And buying the Hood no way guarantees anyone a Bismarck.

I think that would be sneaky-rotten to do a 'Graf Spee' type sale of the Hood without a way of earning the Hood for free.

However, 'Sneaky-Rotten' is a widely used business practice.

Did Wargaming change their CEO recently? Because as a company they have been acting differently than they used to.

How have they been acting differently?

It is but you dont need those tasks to finish the campaign.

You don't, but those Hood tasks are really easy to accomplish and award the most pins. If they DO end up staggering the bundles like they did in the past, this would come off as a massive cash grab and piss off quite a few people. Much like the Christmas campaign that required the Graf Spee to get all those premium camos.