KTcraft

Tazing a Tapeworm

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

50 posts in this topic

So I'm sure many of you may be familiar with the parasitic life form known as a tapeworm.  This creature hooks itself into your intestines and feeds on nutrients your body normally uses, growing longer and longer.  Eventually, when it grows long enough, it may end up hanging out of your backside after a particularly violent trip to the lavatories.  Recently I found myself asking this important question:

If you had a tapeworm hanging out of your backside, what would happen if you were to taze it??   What would happen to the worm? And what kind of effects would you feel?

#offtopicsection

YPg13u1.png?1

........asking the big questions tonight, I see.

I am actually genuinely curious to know what would happen if you tazed a tapeworm sticking out of a person.

Tapeworms are disgusting. If I found out I had one inside me, I'd want to get it out immediately. Then, I think that's when tazing is appropriate. Not when it's still hanging out.

This is gross. Leaving thread.

Someone might have to taze you instead, so that you can be safely delivered to your nearest asylum. 

Um...?

NOT GOOD:

You'd have a mass of dead tapeworm hanging around your intestines, that's for darn sure.

• Said mass of dead tapeworm could stop things up
  • Personally, I don't fancy the idea of leaving dead things in people, so a trip to the ER is probably in order

You could wind up with some painful burns

GOOD:

You no longer have a live tapeworm inside you! Yay!

MORAL OF THE STORY: Just see a doctor. They treat tapeworms all the time and know what works and what doesn't.

No looky inside for the squeamish

Well, some interesting/insightful answers, some entertaining answers, and some useless(looking at you khaen and Battleship).

Umm...

It would probably do more to hurt you than the tapeworm.

If you get lucky, you might hit and fry part of the tapeworm, but there's no guarantee you'll kill all of it.

However, electricity always flows from source to ground, and what is there between the source and the ground? A human body.

Specifically, a human colon, intestines, as well as the obvious legs and stuff. Have you ever seen an electrical burn? If not, look it up (warning, gore). Now, imagine that on the inside of a person. They'd need immediate and difficult surgery, and would still probably die.

The moral of this story? Don't do crazy s**t.

Welcome back to Mutual of Tonopah's Mild Kingdom. On todays episode, Jim will taze a tapeworm, which is partially visible protruding from the colon of our native guide and World of Warships fanatic U-goo-mu, but while he is setting that up, let me talk to you about life insurance ...

Assuming that both ends of the tazer touch the tapeworm it will go in and out of the worm, causing damage to whatever is in the way. The host shouldn't be affected by this.

Assuming that both ends of the tazer touch the tapeworm it will go in and out of the worm, causing damage to whatever is in the way. The host shouldn't be affected by this.

I *really* don't think I'd risk testing that...

Interesting way to deal with dem pesky [edited]. I tried researching the matter but all I got so far is this:

CLFrWlC.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Interesting way to deal with dem pesky [edited]. I tried researching the matter but all I got so far is this:

CLFrWlC.jpg

That's hilarious!!

Yeah, I did some looking into "electrocuting a tapeworm" but I couldn't find anything either.

Did find this though:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/infested-living-parasites-michael-mosley-3157076

For science!

edit: I just noticed, this is my 2000 post!

Edited by KTcraft

This guy is going places.

I think SireneRacker is right, the tapeworm's nervous system will get rekt but the host itself will only feel slight electrical shock as most of the discharge will be going between the anode and cathode of the taser.

We need a proper electrician to put this one to bed.

Close to 20 years on the intrawebz,  and I have never seen a topic like this before. :amazed:

Glad to provide a novel experience! If I have anymore questions about reality, I'll be sure to ask them :3

I believe there is a Reddit section that will answer this, maybe even try it out

I think all you have to do is measure the voltage across a tape worm at various fixed intervals while tazing one end of the worm.

If it's 100% voltage from tip to tip, then most likely, the host will feel it too.