Uncle_Lou

Supercontainers no longer a thing?

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

18 posts in this topic

Just wondering if SC are still actually a thing or if the RNG really has something against me.  I have not received a SC since mid-December.  I don't play a ton, my work schedule makes playing a lot practically impossible; but I usually earn 2-3 crates per play session when I do play.  I've tried TYL and all the other categories and still no luck...  Gotten a few of the "special" regular crates, but no SC.  I'm not really trying to complain about free stuff - getting signals, camo, and occasional Free XP is great.  Where are the SC and/or what do I have to sacrifice to get one now and then?  I don't expect one every week or even every month, but 6 months seems kind of extreme...

They still drop but are rare. Just go in without the expectation to see them and when they do appear its a pleasant surprise. I got a crate with 10 mil credits a couple weeks ago.

Got a 5mil Credit SC a while back earlier this month. They're out there.

I got one the other day. But couldn't care less because the last 3 SC I have gotten have had "special" modifications...

Posted (edited) · Report post

*sigh* more of this. A 1% chance is rare, a 2-3% chance is rare, and the likely mindset here is that pushing a button that has a 3% chance of doing something enough times will make sure it doesn't show up. From my experience in monster hunter 3 Ultimate with the god damn lagia saphire, it doesn't work that way. 

For reference to those who don't understand. A lagia saphire is a rare drop from MH that has a roughly 1% chance of dropping, it took me 500 hunts of the damn monster to even get ONE. Probability is where humans are by far the most STUPID and the constant confirmation bias is really good proof of that. 

Edited by Raptor_alcor

I got another one last night in a signals container.  Once again 5M credits.  Stroke stroke.  4th SC in about 4 weeks though, and the first one i ever got that wasn't TYL.  

I think the point is not that the chances are rare, rather the chances have significantly decreased. Thus i have yet to see a super container after 200 normal conatiners using the greater than average try you luck option. so mathematically this does not negate the 2% or 1 % chance however it is both perceptually and mathematically less than before.

got  4 SC's in the last two weeks.  That said,  not the greatest haul, 2 smoke modules, ocean soul camo, and credits.

Edited by _Guest_

Nearing the 1000 container mark and I've gotten only 3 SC's last one was well over a month ago. Really though 2 of the 3 SC's Ive gotten were IMO really good. Dragon Flags, and 100% det flags. The other being a speed boost module which certainly has its place on Russian DDs. 

Edited by Cpt_RickSchwifty

Up to 193 containers from my last super container.  I don't mind it being random to some extent, but it should force a container after certain number of containers (say 150).  Otherwise, it just comes down to luck, which I don't find to be fun because some people have better luck than others in these random games of chance.

Edited by BossmanSlim

I got one the other day. But couldn't care less because the last 3 SC I have gotten have had "special" modifications...

This ^^

Got 50k free XP twice within a week or so but just upgrade modules every since. The free stuff you get when TYL doesn't produce a SC are pretty decent like a free port or 750 XP. I can live with that.

I got one 2 or 3 weeks ago.  I would guess I have had a dozen this year, (if you include the PTS in which I always do TYL). Because they nurfed what you get in the signals crate I do to consumables almost exclusively.  Most of my drops occur when on occasion I switch what crate I get.  (usually its a TYL)

Seen couple recently but only the ever so useless premium modifications. I want the 10 million credits or a premium ship.

Just got one about a week ago with 30 days of premium time.  Out of 400 TYL crates opened, I'm pretty sure I've gotten a little over 20 super containers, so for me the drop rate has been roughly 5%.

1% is one in one hundred.  I've open at least that many a couple times.  Haven't seen one.  Where is it described on the WG site?

i got 12 SC in the last two weeks with 3 of them being back to back, but the kicker is that they were all hydro and plane mods. 7 hydro and 5 spotter plane!

Edited by How_could_she_do_that