Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteffisCute

My High School Graduation trip (hopefully)

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

22 posts in this topic

So my dad has always promised that he would take me on a Father/Daughter trip after I graduate High School (as long as I am going to college). So today we were talking and he said "So have you ever given thought to where you want to go on your trip I promised?"

I said I wanted to go diving on the Prinz Eugen.

My dad said "What the heck is a Prinz Eugen?"

So I told him about it pulled it up on the Interwebz and showed him the pictures of the wreck. His eyes lit up and he had this wicked smile on his face because he LOVES diving and this is right up his alley. He said he never knew that ship was there and I was all "Duh, it's like famous"

Now I have never gone diving before but dad has a lot with my uncle (not the one in jail for refusing to co-operate with the Feds) while my Aunt and I would just hit the beach or go shopping or stuff, so I have to learn and get certified...but I got two years to get ready.

This is going to be awesome!! When it happens I will post loads of pics and video. Is it a protected war site? I want to just get a SMALL piece of the wreck..like no bigger than a quarter, just to have as a keepsake. I wonder if there are pieces lying on the seabed because I would never cut one off....

Anyway, thought I would share! isn't this like beyond cool?

386450.jpg

You make me feel old which I am. :P  A rather interesting choice, enjoy being young.

I must be the only person that finds shipwrecks more depressing than interesting.

These once proud vessels just looking miserable, shells of their former glory....really is a punch in the gut.

Well as a person whose dived at the Great Barrier Reef, i hope its fun for you.

You could get some practice by diving on my Dad's old Ship, before Graduation.  http://www.fla-keys.com/diving/spiegel-grove/ 

You make me feel old which I am. :P  A rather interesting choice, enjoy being young.

You aren't old, you are classic! :)

Sounds like a good adventure, any chance of pictures making it back here?

Sounds like a good adventure, any chance of pictures making it back here?

That's the idea! 2 years from now BUT I will take loads of pics and share!

The radiation should be decayed enough to dive it. Whether you're allowed to dive it is another thing entirely.

The radiation should be decayed enough to dive it. Whether you're allowed to dive it is another thing entirely.

I see diving videos of the wreck all the time on You Tube. Trust me, my dad will make it happen and I will bring back a ton of pics!

You aren't old, you are classic! :)

I suppose that classic and broken down sounds better than old and broken down.:hiding:

I suppose that classic and broken down sounds better than old and broken down.:hiding:

Age is a state of mind. try Yoga if you feel broken down! there is an old man on my yoga class who is 90 and he can put his leg over his head and he didn't start yoga till he was 80 and could barely walk at that time.

It's never too late! (except for my ex BFF Mandy, she is forever stuck with TJ MAXX)

Age is a state of mind. try Yoga if you feel broken down! there is an old man on my yoga class who is 90 and he can put his leg over his head and he didn't start yoga till he was 80 and could barely walk at that time.

It's never too late! (except for my ex BFF Mandy, she is forever stuck with TJ MAXX)

Oh, I mentally refuse to grow up, I am 61 and I still play games, but the body is breaking down. I am far out of warranty.

Considering its located in an active US Military Missile test range (Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site (RTS)), Good luck with that....

Oh, I mentally refuse to grow up, I am 61 and I still play games, but the body is breaking down. I am far out of warranty.

So my dad has always promised that he would take me on a Father/Daughter trip after I graduate High School (as long as I am going to college). So today we were talking and he said "So have you ever given thought to where you want to go on your trip I promised?"

So I told him about it pulled it up on the Interwebz and showed him the pictures of the wreck. His eyes lit up and he had this wicked smile on his face because he LOVES diving and this is right up his alley. He said he never knew that ship was there and I was all "Duh, it's like famous"

Now I have never gone diving before but dad has a lot with my uncle (not the one in jail for refusing to co-operate with the Feds) while my Aunt and I would just hit the beach or go shopping or stuff, so I have to learn and get certified...but I got two years to get ready.

This is going to be awesome!! When it happens I will post loads of pics and video. Is it a protected war site? I want to just get a SMALL piece of the wreck..like no bigger than a quarter, just to have as a keepsake. I wonder if there are pieces lying on the seabed because I would never cut one off....

Cool story, Bro.

It would be very cool.  Just be smart.  There are a few divers still inside her.

It would be very cool.  Just be smart.  There are a few divers still inside her.

There are? Ok that's......well kinda foreboding, 

Hmm now I am not so hype on diving on a haunted ship. 

YES! This is ABSOLUTELY beyond cool! Post pics when you get back!

If it works out you cannot dive on her, there are uboats off the east coast of the u.s. you CAN dive on.  You can check out the dive sites here:

http://uboat.net/fates/dive/

wasn't Prinz Eugen nuked though? so wouldn't it still be a bit radioactive?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0