Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unabletony

Need Help with Arizona Camo

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

4 posts in this topic

I have already painted the tops of the masts in white. Now the question is: Do I go and pant the rest of the hull blue, like here;

VjMnKsz.png

Or Do I leave it gray but with the white:

bb39-2.jpg

Second one is how I painted mine. Mixed some blue with some gray to get a dulled blue effect.

Posted (edited) · Report post

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d8/Pattern_sheet%2C_MS-32_3D_for_Pennsylvania.jpg

When I did my model, I looked up what the type of war camo it would have received had it gotten it's upgrade. It was proposed to give the Arizona the camo that the Colorado eventually received.  The Zona was a Pennsylvania class BB and the same camo was adapted to the New Mex and Colorado class BB. 

Edited by MikeTheRipper12

NO!!!!!!!  Not blue.  It is actually gray with a blue hue.  Measure 14 - Ocean Gray System.

I am painting my 1/350 Arizona with Model Master 5-O Ocean Gray (USN).  Code 2157 OY25.  Model Master makes a Naval Line of paints (below).  The picture you posted is wrong - that is something closer to MS 21 the Navy Blue system (refer to ship camo link).

I also referred to the Ships Data Book published in 1978 by Arizona Memorial Association. 

20170514_144705.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0