You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BlackStash

Ridiculously OP bots

35 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
17,406 battles

I have enjoyed playing WoW until the recent updates have turned the bots into the Borg. They track you, even when they are not supposed to see you...they fire at terrible angles, and still do max damage, and most of the player shells either miss, or cause little damage. I play bots to learn my ships, and develop tactics. With the bots not following the rules, its impossible to learn anything except how to hide. They use horrible tactics, yet just bludgeon their way right down your throat. They will chase a single DD into the corner, disregarding all other ships. Worst of all, when they are about to die, they fling a random shot out that always manages to severely cripple your ship, if not destroy it. Or Ghost torps that appear seconds after they sink....and don't miss. And speaking of Torpedoes.....I have witnessed ships turning 10 k away, the second my torps hit the water.

I understand that war is Hell, but this is a game, and it shouldn't have to cheat. I have heard many players say they want to quit because of this, and I don't think I want to put good money into a bad game. Bots should be tough, but shouldn't out HP you by 10 to 1.  Over last 100 or so battles, that has been my damage ratio compared to the bots, using different ships, and classes...10-1...no fun at all. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Members
12,627 posts
14,320 battles

** We are the Borg..You will be assimilated... Resistance is Futile...**
:trollface:

Thanks for the info! I will have to try Co-Op again it sounds like blast!!! :)

Ran a few Co-Op battled before and did 100% WR

Members
5 posts
17,406 battles

While trying not to appear to be an [edited], I do have 94 % win rate....should be more like 98.....I know ...wah- wah- wah...It is a great game for the most part, just very discouraging when you do a lot of hard work, to be screwed by the rng repeatedly.

[HEROS]
Members
2,090 posts
19,185 battles

*try's very very hard not to laugh and roll on the floor

It's my birthday today, I just turned 60 and man oh man are YOU young!

hate to tell you this, but if you think the bots are bad...you should see the human players! Your right about the bots being very good shots, hyper aggressive and a whole much more. They also make a bag of rocks look smart.  They are absolutely utterly predictable.

SO rule number one when fighting bots...  DO NOT STAY BETWEEN THEM AND THEIR OBJECTIVE  (ie: the cap)  they will shoot you.. and if you make any errors at all, they will capitalize on those errors. by shelling you into whale poodoo!

Bots turn stupid once they reach your team cap.. they stop.. sometimes they don't even keep shooting once they reach the objective.  And game bot aren't cheating so much a operating the only way they can..Bot will not only run aground to dodge torpedo's and focused fire, once they do run around they will stop moving entirely and not try to back off the rocks.  Sometimes they'll even stop shooting when that happens.. it tends to break their programming and they go inert.

They drive the same ships the players  do.. the main difference is bots never hesitate.  if the pipper in on target they fire, and they keep firing.  It's very easy to avoid bot fire because they are not predicting, or anticipating anything you do.  That is impossible for the misnamed AI to do because that requires real intelligence and thought.  It can be done, but it needs a super computer to run on, not a server rack!  The science and engineer types are doing amazing things these day with developing autonomous "expert"software for robot applications, but that software is code intensive and still a very very very long way from an actual intelligence!   

I'll admit the bots can be surprisingly tough but only and I repeat ONLY because they have zero fear.. Unlike real players bots don't break off and run for cover.  Bot's don't avoid the fight.  Bots don't sit at the back and snipe.  Bots don't play world of tanks behind a rock int eh water.   

And I can promise you the the dev studio is not going pay any attention to the bots or any issues with them because the bot do the job they were made for.. and not even particularly well.  The Bot's and PvE are there primarily to teach players how to play.... against other players!  And unsurprisingly a lot of player still get it wrong!

Bots are only good shots if your

1. Parked and not moving

2.  Holding a study course and speed

and if your showing a broadside.. yea, that's a paddl'n!  And a paddl'n by bots...that's embarassing!

SO dude, if peeps is loosing to bots in this game they either need to figure how to STOP loosing to bots, or start playing humans that make many more mistakes and aren't nearly as objective focused.

I'd also try to avoid mentioning to anyone that you want the devs to nurf the PvE bots.. you will be laughed at and teased unmercifully buy the the other players around here.

Me? I happen to know better then to go brawl with bots in anything beyond tier 6.  

To Paraphase from Harry Potter

"Student Captains are advised to not play co-op beyond tier 7 unless you wish to suffer a quick, futile, and meaningless death"

*snickers, straitens up and performs the Picard manuver...

Warlord sends

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

all you need to know about bots is that they YOLO

• Cool 1

[OSD]
Members
4 posts

Today is game number 9000......I need to get a LIFE!

Edited by vgphanto_1

[ZAZEN]
Alpha Tester
404 posts
8,964 battles

I noticed this lately when trying to learn my tier 8 DDs.

Once you as a DD are spotted, the WHOLE enemy fleet chases you, ignoring nearer weaker ships..

Also once they go to cap, they drive right through it , they are in pursuit to kill.

saying that, if you are a DD in a bot battle make sure you are near your allies and can take cover once you are spotted - their initial paths are predetermined till they spot the enemy

Members
5,589 posts
7,121 battles

*try's very very hard not to laugh and roll on the floor

It's my birthday today, I just turned 60 and man oh man are YOU young!

birthday-wishes-harry.jpg

:honoring:

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
6,695 battles

I haven't played Co oP in a long time, but I just ran the Fletch in Coop just to get the DD mission done.  I am not a great DD driver and Coop was a fast way to get it done.   I was surprised how accurate bot ships were.  Seems like they never miss.   I wouldn't say that we ever had an issue dealing with them in the end, but you had to keep it in mind for sure.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,619 posts

I noticed this lately when trying to learn my tier 8 DDs.

Once you as a DD are spotted, the WHOLE enemy fleet chases you, ignoring nearer weaker ships..

Also once they go to cap, they drive right through it , they are in pursuit to kill.

saying that, if you are a DD in a bot battle make sure you are near your allies and can take cover once you are spotted - their initial paths are predetermined till they spot the enemy

Actually, if you are the only dd, they will home in on you long before you're spotted.

They also know exactly what ammo your loading, and when it's going to load. As soon as you switch to AP, they will start turning into you a few secs before you finish loading.

WG actually believes Omnipotent behavior is better than an actual AI.

Members
4 posts

I'll admit bots can be tricky.  I enjoy watching it when a player puts their torps into the water and as soon as they hit the water the bot ship starts turning lol.  It's almost like a algorithm runs that tells the bot he is about to try to torp you.  And the bot accuracy is a issue sometimes but other than that it's quite fun.  

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles

The bots in coop do tunnel ppl pretty hard even to the point that they ignore bigger threats. The only way to peal them off is you is to drop your spot and if you want to peal at least one off your teamate citadel or torp em.

Beta Testers
11,431 posts

Win rates against bots scale with the tier, decreasing as you tier up.  KDR scales with the type of ship used, the best being a battleship, cruiser in between, destroyers dead last.

Members
68 posts
16,804 battles

Decided to do a co-op during lunch break and enemy Nurnberg was shooting past a Leander and a Perth to hit  my poor little Nicholas.  So glad smoke came back up because it didn't matter how I wiggled at 7km he was hitting me regularly.

[CVA16]
Members
7,304 posts
22,231 battles

Do the bots effectively get the torpedo lead indicator for their guns? Would be a huge advantage not to have to guess the target speed based on smoke like us humans do.

Members
5 posts
17,406 battles

Ok, and thanks for the advice from all......Funny thing.....I did start playing more PvP, and low and behold.......90 day win rate is actually above 50% for the first time in....ever! I guess I larnt me sumthin after all in coop!

Members
1,866 posts

The AI has a strong tendency to focus on the first ship spotted. You can actually lead them around like beads on a string. Don't worry about the bots. They're just for practice.

Members
270 posts
85 battles

Being in a slightly more futuristic time zone means if I want to get a couple of games in before Dr Who starts at low tiers the number of players can be a problem.

However with the filling out of random matches with bots WG have even managed to replicate the full weekend battle experience....

shot-17.06.03_19.13.17-0664_zpsrj7lwose.

You have to feel sorry for the newbie on the other team though.....