Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reymu

150mm or 128mm?

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

14 posts in this topic

Just got Gaede. The 150mm guns worth upgrading to or no?

I'd try them, if only to see if the Z-23 would fit me. I guess it depends on your playstyle

Posted (edited) · Report post

Definitely yes, if you are able to accurately place your shots.

They really perform well against other DDs & cruisers particularly the AP.

Edited by Camo68

Just fully upgraded it.  It seems better with the bigger guns.

But it's up to you.  I don't have Expert Marksman or AFT on that captain, so I went with the bigger guns.

I keep them both, however, since I can always switch back and forth to test ideas out in the Training room.

I tried both and I found I like the one fifties better they seem to Citadel Cruisers easier but they weren't as good in a knife fight but I still did okay Z 46 is where the Germans really became fun though

I liked the bigger guns because they hit harder, and generally I'm good at hiting things; not super good, but good enough.

Going back to the 128s on Labe was a bit of a bummer, but I do like the faster rof at T7.

For me, Gaede fit like Farragut did. I wasn't mister super DD driver with either, but certainly feel like I do well with both.

Posted (edited) · Report post

it promotes a different style of play over the 128's;

not better, not worse - different.

you really have to see if it suits your playstyle.

(if you do well in RN cruisers, or Yubari, give it a shot, as it plays very much like a very light CL)

Edited by Umikami

Hey Reymu - It depends on your play-style, but I definitely preferred the 150s over the 128s for their ability to wreck cruisers.  For me the Gaede was so much fun w/ the 150s that I kept it after I got the Maass (wishing the Maass had them too).

If you're looking at HE, the alpha damage per minute is almost identical, but the 150's have double the chance of starting a fire (6% vs 12%).

If you're looking at AP, the alpha damage/gun/60s is about 20% less, but you can pen the same armor mm at longer distances.

All that being said, it's still 4 guns with a slow fire rate. 

Where the fifties give you 5 guns it's a hard trade off to go to four guns it is all about the play style

Where the fifties give you 5 guns it's a hard trade off to go to four guns it is all about the play style

Hey Silver - you may be thinking of another DD - the Gaede has 4 single gun turrets in both the 128mm & 150mm configurations.

Hey Silver - you may be thinking of another DD - the Gaede has 4 single gun turrets in both the 128mm & 150mm configurations.

He was thinking of Z-23, which gets a 5th gun on B-hull.  Even then I went back to 128s and did not regret it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0