Pigeon_of_War

The Ship I've personally been waiting for

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

121 posts in this topic

One of the most famous ships of WW2 definitely deserves a spot in the game.  I would definitely consider buying it, if I wasn't so crap at playing CV's.  I'm far better at sinking them than sailing them.

Last year WG had the Atago and Atlanta bundled together at a great price for the Battle of Midway anniversary.  Will they do the same with the Kaga and Enterprise?  Make them available separately, and have the discounted bundle.  It would be logical.  Will they both be ready for release by June 4th-6th of this year?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Her and the Bunker Hill.

B.H. holds a special place for me as she used to be moored at NAS North Island in the 70's. My dad had a pass that got us everywhere on the base. We drove by her. There was a gangway to her and I think my 1o or so year old self almost managed to get my dad to stop and let me see if they'd let me come aboard. She was still majestic all those years later.

4q2KpCu.jpg

Exactly how I remember her.

usdQcDf.jpg

People tried to have her purchased as a Museum ship for San Diego ( Midway was still active duty and years away from being the gem museum ship she is now ), but sadly there wasn't enough money or interest.

They towed her out, listing, to the breakers in Tacoma.

i1cTeKP.jpg

Just plain painful...

"Fate: Although struck from the Naval Vessel Register, her hulk was used as a stationary electronics test platform at San Diego until November 1972. Sold for scrapping in May 1973. About 600 tons of her armor plate have been put to use at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory." So The Bunker Hill is still serving in one form.

Glad the "E" is coming to the game.

At least a few of Bunker Hill's sister ships survive today, albeit modernized. Enterprise, however, was the only surviving Yorktown-class CV, and they bloody scrapped her. It just makes no sense. They can preserve all four Iowas, four Essexs, but not the Enterprise? :amazed:

Edited by Wolcott

I WANT IT NOW, only 3 ships matter to me- Hood, Enterprise, an Missouri. I can't afford Missouri right now but someday, Hood I hope soon, but most important to me is the Enterprise which once I get I we never play but stare at for hours of joy.

Now we just have to get the USS Yorktown, CV-10.

If you really want a historical reason, then because it's the ship that sunk the Yamato!

Now we just have to get the USS Yorktown, CV-10.

If you really want a historical reason, then because it's the ship that sunk the Yamato!

OG yorktown (cv-5 and a yorktown class carrier) sunk at midway while the new yorktown cv-10 and an essex class carrier sunk the yamato alongside other carriers like hornet cv-12

At least a few of Bunker Hill's sister ships survive today, albeit modernized. Enterprise, however, was the only surviving Yorktown-class CV, and they bloody scrapped her. It just makes no sense. They can preserve all four Iowas, four Essexs, but not the Enterprise? :amazed:

CV-6 sunk the musashi alongside the essex lexington cv-16 lol and no iowas hit her shows how mostly useless battleships are except for offshore bombardment for amphibious operations

If WG has any sense they'll release Haida on July 1 this year.

That makes too much sense for WG to do that. They probably don't even know that this year is Canada's 150th anniversary.

Can't...Resist...Star...Trek...Reference!

If Picard were captain of CV-6...

Worf: "Incoming air strike captain! Recommend we focus fire our AA, and dispatch the fighters!"

Picard: "Now, now weapons officer. There's no proof the aircraft are hostile. Have the radio room try to make contact with them to assertain their true intentions..."

Worf: ("WUT?!? This dude is a captain, and he's still acting like an academy potato!")

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

I think I broke a monitor throwing my wallet at the screen.

lol

I can't wait to be one of those scrublords who never plays CV's but decides to buy this anyways and get cussed out by my teams! :trollface:

Awesome. She looks fantastic. I trust she'll have T10 planes? :trollface:

I say Wargaming should turn it up to "11" for this mighty vessel.

Now that this is happening, I don't know what he will have to wish for anymore. 

Graf zeppelin please Edited by HyenaHiena

Welp, that's 2 ships checked off my "top 5 wanted premiums for 2017," Hood and Enterprise. Now you got Roma, Jean Bart, and Maryland/West Virginia 1945 configuration.

Get on it WG! I will send you a boat load of cranberries (Yours truly from Massachusetts).

Even if this is a POS I will still buy this it is F*&%$*&^G CV(N)-6!!!!!

It's definitely not CVN-6

The "N" stands for "Nuclear" in US Navy nomenclature

CGN = Cruiser, Guided Missile, Nuclear (A la Long Beach)

SSN = Submarine, Attack, Nuclear

SSBN = Submarine, Ballistic Missile, Nuclear

CVN = Aircraft Carrier, Nuclear

And so on and so forth.

And here i am telling my self not to spend anymore money here.  WG, you people are not making it easy for me :P. Now i have to familiarize myself with another line to prevent myself from looking like a noob XD.

I'd be remiss to not point out that the Big E was *not* the first USS Enterprise.  Heck, the one I always think of first was actually the *third* ship to bear the name...

The worst part was that it was all for petty spite to get back at Halsey. :(

In TNG, Picard's dayroom had a display of Enterprises, a big shadowbox with silver-colored models, starting with the CVs* and working up through the various editions of NCC-1701  It always amused me that the three predecessors (four if you count the motorboat) were totally ignored.

*Only two because CVN-80 was not on the horizon yet.

It's definitely not CVN-6

The "N" stands for "Nuclear" in US Navy nomenclature

He had it right.

CVN means nuclear aircraft carrier.

CV(N) means a carrier capable of night operations. It's an obsolete classification since now it's just part of standard ops, but it was novel in WWII and warranted a modified hull code.

http://www.cv6.org/1944/1944.htm

So.. does it have AS? I'll probs switch to AS in my Shokaku.

Which is rather unfortunate. I remember they recently stated they are doing small changes at a time because players don't like or want big changes. But I think this is the one case where we do want big sweeping changes. CV just isn't fun anymore and it hasn't been ever since the nerfs started taking place at the end of 2015, when I stopped being a CV and BB main and began playing the non-CV lines evenly.

I think they recently said they're doing smaller changes is because if you completely change everything, and it turns out crap, it's harder to fix. If they do one or two things, and then monitor it, they can easily adjust or revert them before changing more things.

If they do massive sweeping changes, and it turns out they were better in theory than in practice, they risk alienating the CV players they have left while failing to make the line anymore accessible.

8KJ4CkR.png

Enterprise awaiting disposal; Independence is opposite fitting out at the Brooklyn Navy Yard in June 1958.

Pigeon I will personally send you a lifetime supply of world-class canadian maple syrup and whisky if you get Haida in game plox. 

Ill volunteer to change the buckets on the maple syrup trees to speed up the procss of getting HMCS Haida into game