NCC1701PS

Should there be a Destruction Derby Mode

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a destruction mode?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should ship types have different "kill" values?

• No, all classes are worth the same
    • Yes, a kill to a CV or BB is worth more than a kill to a CA or DD

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

Should WG add a destruction/kill ships mode?

The way I see it, it would work in a way similar to the team that has the most "kill points" in 20 minutes wins. to keep with the existing values for ships, killing a CV = 65, BB = 60, CA = 50, DD = 45. The main difference in this mode would be the lack of capture points, so no points would be scored doing nothing. My hope with this mode would be everyone has to participate and get involved in the battle to win, no sitting back and sniping.

Training Room, but there isn't a mode for no points. That's the part where it would be challenging to play with in Training Room.

Posted (edited) · Report post

one does not simply do destruction derbys with giant warships that costs million of dollars, but that did naval battles with them, thats what a warship destruction derby is, so, in a way, we already got that in game, except instead of crashing into each other, they shot at each other with big guns

Edited by tcbaker777

Posted (edited) · Report post

This would be a fun mode to add to the funky little boats we play games with from time to time.  No tiers just a demolition derby, but a race type demo derby, so you can use your guns and your ship to gain an advantage!  If you have ever been to a demolition derby where they are racing a figure 8 you will understand how much fun this could be!

Change this poll to a Demo Derby mode for the Funky game ships we play with for special events!

Edited by FlashTX1

When I first read the thread title, I was hoping for a mode where it was all about ramming. No guns, no torpedoes. Collision damage adjusted to be between instant death of enemy hits and the scraping scratch damage of friendly rams. Just a massive melee. :)

I think we used have that type of battle.  I have about 6 early games that were ties, and I think that is why WG got rid of that battle mode.  When was the last time you were involved in a tie match?  I haven't since WG got rid or that battle mode.

If you give everyone destroyers and disable guns and torps.... Sounds like a great idea! (I enjoy demolition derby quite a bit; especially the old kind where the cars were actually racing and mashing instead of just smashing each other.)

Hate to be a grouch here, but if you want a demolition derby game, then buy some indie car game that supports that and have fun with it. This is world of warships and at least for me, the more realistic(with a nod to tweaks aimed at fair gameplay/balance) and historical WG can make it, the better I like it. 

"Sniping" is not the same thing as "Camping" as for many ships,  'Sniping' esp for some CAs and to a point BBs is the only "Right" way to play them vs larger groups of targets than can be fought head-on alone.

Once things are in the favor of a player's side,  THEN you move in on isolated targets.

(basic naval warfare)

As for the idea of a "Tickets" based game mode,   I do like the idea of having more complex  "Objectives" driven modes that are based more on 'respawns' from key points (like captured Shipyards),  with things to Kill or Take,  Like what "Bastion" mode was more meant to work like,  and "Conquest" could be if done like Armored Warfare's  "Global Ops" mode.

*but done right, lulz,  to have a working MM for the number of players queuing up accounted for. 

Also,  the idea that Ship Classes   and  Ship Tiers  would affect the value of Points Gained or Tickets Lost is great,

as it would allow more players in more ship tiers to fight in the same battles when populations are low.