Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saagri

The RNG that made me lose my $%#@

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

10 posts in this topic

Took out the Dunkerque for a spin, getting frustrated with my AP overpenning everything so switched to HE.

Fired at a fairly angled BB with HE, grouping looks good:

PXMXnwk.jpg

5 shells hit but no fire, was thinking myself: "Really now?"

Ccki6X9.jpg

Tried another salvo because I wanted that fire and the BB took torps a short time before hand. Fired and the shots looked amazing, wish I had AP loaded:

raVPur9.jpg

Of course, no fire.... 8/8 of my shells hit in that volley and no fire. I guess I used up all my RNG on the dispersion...

4hURAvI.jpg

35% of fire per shell, 13 shells hit for no fires... RNG is cruel.

Going to equip demolition expert now...

6152, 7645HP a volley? Yes, please.

But Muh fire :(

You've seen nothing.

Posted Image

"36% fire chance"

Posted Image

It was already on fire...

Posted (edited) · Report post

It was already on fire...

On the forward superstructure, yes.  Not on the rear portion of the superstructure.  The thought that he might be running Fire Prevention crossed my mind, but seeing how passively he played, I doubt he was using it because it would be worthless to him.

Edited by TenguBlade

I put the two front turrets of my North Carolina into the side of a Des Moines at 7km and only two shells hit for over pens.

I agree though, for the ridiculous fire chance on montana the HE is pretty underwhelming at setting fires. 

Dunkerque has VERY good HE for a battleship. I've actually had matches where I fired nothing but HE and still managed to get decent damage numbers. Her poor accuracy plays a part here as her HE and fire chance is much less likely to fail from poor dispersion than her AP.

Meanwhile, a Cruiser gets ahold of a BB with their 5-7% fire chance and its every other salvo, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire.......

Meanwhile, a Cruiser gets ahold of a BB with their 5-7% fire chance and its every other salvo, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire.......

LOL and amen.

Seems 50%+ of the games I play in BB's the very 1st HE shell from a DD or CL to hit me starts a fire. It's like you barely get out of spawn and are burning from ONE shell.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0