Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
db4100

Match Maker Choosing Start Positions

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

10 posts in this topic

I can't seem to find an answer as to how match maker places the players in the start positions?  Are the start positions chosen so that each side is "mirrored" as in a DD will have another DD across, cruiser with another cruiser across from it, aircraft carriers across from each other, and so on.  Or is it more diabolical where you can be out in left field by your self and have three or four enemy vessels across from about to contest an area objective.  Does MM tried to make equal placement of both teams or is it just totally random? 

An official answer would be much appreciated.

I can't seem to find an answer as to how match maker places the players in the start positions?  Are the start positions chosen so that each side is "mirrored" as in a DD will have another DD across, cruiser with another cruiser across from it, aircraft carriers across from each other, and so on.  Or is it more diabolical where you can be out in left field by your self and have three or four enemy vessels across from about to contest an area objective.  Does MM tried to make equal placement of both teams or is it just totally random? 

An official answer would be much appreciated.

I don't know. But sometimes it screws me over by putting me as the only allied ship on one flank. So I want to know how it works, so I can turn around and ask WG to make it work better and more fair.

It has been said that your start placement on the map is part of the MM balancing of matches. Sometimes you are in the perfect place, other times you couldn't get further from the right spot....

I don't know. But sometimes it screws me over by putting me as the only allied ship on one flank. So I want to know how it works, so I can turn around and ask WG to make it work better and more fair.

That is always fun while in lower tier of US BB

LOL,this game is for fun,nothing fair about it......MM stacking teams & RNG wasting my shots........

This game will never be a competitive one,why would they keep nerfing every ship cept BBs if it were to be a competitive type game???

Then you get the "Lets have fun team mates...."OMG no point in tryin with 3 year olds "having fun".....LOL

No way will any clan type of battles ever come & be worth the pain of RNG keeping you from getting any decent shots in,unless you hack like the "pros" do :D

All I know about start positions is they are always wrong. My teammates on the west side of the map always move east and those who spawned in the east, move west. They need to fix it.....

I just want to know how the game operates so I can adjust my play strategy and hopefully improve my game play.  As the old 80s GiJoe cartoon would say "knowing is half the battle"

I just want to know how the game operates so I can adjust my play strategy and hopefully improve my game play.  As the old 80s GiJoe cartoon would say "knowing is half the battle"

Since I've been playing, I've tried to figure this out. Have never gotten a straight answer on it.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Get a buddy or two to drop when you do (no div,just single players) & maybe you guys get on opposite teams & can make notes of where ships spawn......

Take screenshots to compare & stuff ;)

Edited by Rumpledforeskinhurtz

You know if they would place the BB at the front at the start of the battle, there might not be so much whining from some about camping BB

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0