You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Belfast

46 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,273 battles

Been playing the game for 2 years with 7,800 battles. I recently got the Belfast. [edited]is by far the most comfortable cruiser in the game. I love getting up tiered in this thing. Why? Means I get more XP on my way to another 19pt Captain. Seriously WG thank you for this ship. 

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,969 posts
12,910 battles

I don't seem to do so well with the Belfast. I have to figure out what I am doing wrong with her, I don't do so hot with the Atago either. Most people love Belfast and Atago but they are 2 of my worst performing Premiums.

[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,827 battles

Belfast is balanced broken.

FTFY.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,829 posts

I love the Belfast.

One salvo from my Missouri and >poof<. 35,700 damage added.  I got radar too....   Nyaa nyaa, nya nyaaaa nyaa.

Members
170 posts
3,330 battles

Any OP ship will feel comfortable and I hope they never make anything like belfast ever again

[NDA]
Supertester
3,900 posts
1,545 battles

Just learn to deal with it.  Belfast can be handled if you think.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,795 posts
5,040 battles

I don't seem to do so well with the Belfast. I have to figure out what I am doing wrong with her, I don't do so hot with the Atago either. Most people love Belfast and Atago but they are 2 of my worst performing Premiums.

Record some replays, make a thread on it, there's more then a few people here who'd watch and offer some constructive advice. 

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
2,744 battles

I enjoy the Belfast, but since getting the Missouri last week-end I've lost interest in my other ships for now. There doesn't seem to be a need to play them as I'm no longer grinding out any ships and the mighty Mo is so much fun to play.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
9,442 posts
18,870 battles

Belfast... Yet another ship like Atago that's supposedly so 'great,' but which I can't click with worth a flip.

Members
1,720 posts
9,150 battles

Hey

I bought Belfast and found it's a lot of fun BUT there is quite a learning curve in playing her effectively.  You make 1 small mistake and your getting deleted as it can't take any abuse, it can dish it out nicely, has nice toys onboard but plan your escape route ahead of time and reposition often.  I also think a lot of people have learned how to deal with Belfast which has changed the whole OP dynamics of how she is played.  I know I'm not afraid of them like I used to.  Fun ship though just the same.  I have found the Atago/Takao to be a generally better ship that is less situational in how you can play it.  Just my thoughts.

Pete

Members
1,720 posts
9,150 battles
On 5/13/2017 at 8:35 PM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

I bought Belfast and found it's a lot of fun BUT there is quite a learning curve in playing her effectively.  You make 1 small mistake and your getting deleted as it can't take any abuse, it can dish it out nicely, has nice toys onboard but plan your escape route ahead of time and reposition often.  I also think a lot of people have learned how to deal with Belfast which has changed the whole OP dynamics of how she is played.  I know I'm not afraid of them like I used to.  Fun ship though just the same.  I have found the Atago/Takao to be a generally better ship that is less situational in how you can play it.  Just my thoughts.

Pete

Hey

I would like to know what other Belfast players are using.  I am still have a hard time not getting deleted.  My Belfast has:  Gun Mod 1, Aiming Mod 1, Damage Control 1, Steering Gears 2, Concealment.  For My Capt (12pt) Priority Target, Exp. Smoke Screen Expert (had troubles slowing down enough before popping smoke), SuperIntendent, Concealment.  Is it worth giving up Concealment and taking Demo Expert, with the extra point going towards Adrenaline Rush or Vigilance (does it help when smoked?).  It's hard to get her moving from a dead stop when you smoked.  Suggestions please.

Pete

[SYN]
Members
14,869 posts
11,351 battles
4 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

I would like to know what other Belfast players are using.  I am still have a hard time not getting deleted.  My Belfast has:  Gun Mod 1, Aiming Mod 1, Damage Control 1, Steering Gears 2, Concealment.  For My Capt (12pt) Priority Target, Exp. Smoke Screen Expert (had troubles slowing down enough before popping smoke), SuperIntendent, Concealment.  Is it worth giving up Concealment and taking Demo Expert, with the extra point going towards Adrenaline Rush or Vigilance (does it help when smoked?).  It's hard to get her moving from a dead stop when you smoked.  Suggestions please.

Pete

smoke up in better positions.

you don't need vigilance when you already have hydro

You get DE after CE. Never give up CE on a cruiser, just, NEVER.

• Cool 2

Members
74 posts
18,929 battles

I think I am one of the few to just say this...

I prefered the tech tree over Belfast. I am horrid in Belfast... but FIji? Fiji and Leander made me shine. 

Members
1,720 posts
9,150 battles

Hey,

I had an interesting battle today in which the enemy had a Belfast which had smoked up near a small jetty; I approached with my Yorck (no hydro loaded) and took a few shots from him BUT when he started to move out of his expiring smoke he got eliminated with my AP quite quickly; something that usually happens to me in Belfast.  Even his teammates couldn't save him, although I did die by them shortly thereafter.  I felt good as technically Belfast should have advantages over a Yorck, except my AP.

Pete

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,887 posts
12,189 battles

Yes, you can over-match Belfast's bow, so he is helpless to angle against a 203 or 210mm armed cruiser.  The best thing he can do angle ~45 degrees or so and try to bait you into shooting at his belt.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
17,964 battles

you don't need SSE for belfast.  Just don't smoke until you hit 21 kts.  My skills went in this order: PT->EM->SI->CE->IFHE->DE->AR

Beta Testers
1,583 posts
9,715 battles
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:18 AM, Ju87s said:

you don't need SSE for belfast.  Just don't smoke until you hit 21 kts.  My skills went in this order: PT->EM->SI->CE->IFHE->DE->AR

I don't have SSE (Smoke Screen Expert) myself, and I don't expect to get it, but bear in mind that having more time to slow down is just a minor advantage of that skill.  The larger diameter smoke puffs mean you have more room to move around once the smoke is laid.  Given that you only get a couple of puffs with the Belfast, that has its uses.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,710 posts

Funny think about the Belfast. So much hatred for her "OP-ness". It's known as a "BUY signal". Buy her. Play her. One day she may no longer be for sale. They can't pull one of those "system-wide" game mechanic changes on her because the whole premise for her was smoke/hydro/ wash/repeat. 

Would really be great if they said "no more sales of Belfast". Wow would the hatred really flow then, eh? 

Members
917 posts
9,411 battles

Belfast is a fun ship to run your English commanders in.  It takes a lot to get any big damage games, you're very much a support ship.  Fiji can have a lot more spectacular games.

- support ship is underrated, so you do want to delete Belfasts on site.  They are helpless when they get into a bad position, lol.

Members
1,720 posts
9,150 battles
On 7/31/2017 at 9:35 PM, WhiteRecon said:

Belfast is a fun ship to run your English commanders in.  It takes a lot to get any big damage games, you're very much a support ship.  Fiji can have a lot more spectacular games.

- support ship is underrated, so you do want to delete Belfasts on site.  They are helpless when they get into a bad position, lol.

Hey

They are not the evil, dreaded ship that everyone has portrayed them to be.  Yes, in a skilled hand, they can be dangerous BUT that goes for any ship, and once you know how they work, they can be deleted rather quickly.  Usually it's a mistake on the part of the capt. (me for one) and it feels "Oh so Good" to kill them.  One of the fun parts is when my Division buddy and I are both running ours together and you can really carry a game if all goes right and I don't screw up.

Pete

[S_B]
Members
417 posts
11,876 battles
On 6/17/2017 at 7:05 PM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Pete

My new bloody Belfast with 10pt captain is pretty well set up the same way as yours and I still had to learn the veryslow/stop method with smoke even though I had the Emerald as my practice ship for my mistakes. Getting better and having some really fun games. Went up against an Edinburgh the other day and we both smoked up against different islands but I had my hydro and radar turned on so I could see him but he couldn't see me due to the distance. I blasted him with HE and AP till he sank. :cap_rambo:  In another match I just got stopped and smoked when a New Mexico had detected me for a second and sank my low health Belfast. Oh I so wanted to light him up with HE shells!!!

Edited by dust340man

[CUTER]
Members
780 posts
20,346 battles

Was playing Belfast yesterday and Citadel'd a Hood sailing broadside to me with AP.  I did not even know it was possible...just another tool in the Belfast AP cap of toys.

Edited by KongoPride