generaldort

Comprehensive Rules for Winning by GeneralDort

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

68 posts in this topic

One key problem with #9 - Even if I wasn't usually focused on dodging and weaving in a BB or commanding squadrons and watching the map - I physically can not read the chat 90% of the time. I can't see the chat text against the sky, at times the sea, and other areas and other areas of intense brightening on landscapes. They need a different text colour or an option to choose what colour the team chat is.

The ability to make the background of the chat panel darker or opaque would help.

One key problem with #9 - Even if I wasn't usually focused on dodging and weaving in a BB or commanding squadrons and watching the map - I physically can not read the chat 90% of the time. I can't see the chat text against the sky, at times the sea, and other areas and other areas of intense brightening on landscapes. They need a different text colour or an option to choose what colour the team chat is.

Agreed.  And at least you look.  Which is more than I can say for the people mentioned in that rule.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Never do this. Ever. I don't care who you are, or what they did, never ever do this. There are TK penalties for a reason.

Actually saw this work one time.  A British cruiser tk launched a salvo of torps into our battleship at close range and every ship around it turned their guns on it almost simultaneously and erased it from the game.  It was epic.  :izmena: Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

11. Ride or Die

If someone INTENTIONALLY tries teamkilling you or a division mate, and you can’t kill them by taking enough damage ticks after the first salvo or two, then it is your job to erase that individual with impunity.  Invoking rule 11 does NOT apply to accidental torping.  This is of course a subjective assessment of what is intentional and what is not.  Usually if someone apologizes it’s cool with me.  However when the dude torps me twice and just says “sorry” both times….it’s on like a Trinitron.  If you are an intentional teamkiller you are the scum of the earth and worthy of worldwide shame.  

Never do this. Ever. I don't care who you are, or what they did, never ever do this. There are TK penalties for a reason.

This. So, soooo much this.

There is no excuse for intentional team killing.

None.

Ever.

EVER!

Moderated by Mezurashi.

If that were true, there would be no penalty in this game for shooting pinks. There is.

This is not WoT, where you can shoot the blues (though it isn't always advisable to do so). This is WoWS, and pink ships are still on your own team.

Edited by Mezurashi

Great Read Dort, Good to see Informed thought and humor in the same post.

I agree enemy DD's are the scum of the world.

But will never sail with a DD with in the first 5 mins of a battle.

I would be first sited even if the DD's are 5 km from the enemy and I am 14 km.

When they smoke I lose site of the enemy , but I am still visible to the enemy.

The enemy can see over the smoke I have to look through it.

When a DD sets smoke for me I do use it if told ahead of time, but that seldom happens I end up sailing through it.

I am a Hard believer of teamwork I use it often even when not returned.

I hate to die but If my death stopped two or three others on my team from that fate it was worth it.

I love BB play almost as much as CA's. I am by nature a CA driver, I only ride the BB's now because of the Scharnhorst ( Battle Cruiser )( Money Maker)

This. So, soooo much this.

There is no excuse for intentional team killing.

None.

Ever.

EVER!

Ignoring the fact that intentionally killing a team killer is intentional team killing....

Oh, wait, I misread that.

Edited by issm

Ignoring the fact that intentionally killing a team killer is intentional team killing....

0mlj8_s-200x150.gif

​Did you really spell which....as in Witch.....slow down. And now we have a look at OPG's finest.

When people start to correct others grammar on the internet, all I think is....

1)  This persons member probably has yet to find the wet spot

2) Low creativity

3) That kid from high school that nobody liked

4) That same kid that now gets dumped on by all alpha males at his workplace

5) Thank the good lord that I will never have to stoop to such level

Come harder, we know it is in you somewhere.  I think a great start would be to find a friend.  Even an internet friend would do wonders for you.  I will pray for you tonight, because there are few things in this world that are sadder then a lonely, boring, life-long virgin.  Good luck in your endeavors, even though I doubt there is light at the end of the tunnel for you.  

My condolences to Dort for what happened to this thread. A reasonably well-thought-out list of tips for WoWs success has inspired nothing but multiple pages of chest-beating and a separate thread of piety about the TK bit that issm turned into a free-speech soapbox.

People need to chill the [pre-edited] out.

meone intentionally TK

Joke or not, they're there for a reason. Never shoot back, no excuses. If you see someone intentionally TKing, take screenshots, and if you have replays turned on, send it into customer support. They'll take care of it.

No.

-I reported 3 TKers from 2 seperate incidents.

-Replay, Screenshots, Time stamps, and full report.

-Got generic responses both times.

-Saw them all playing that day, and the next, and the next, and the next......

-From then on, I don't ask any questions, file no reports

Because if they cared about TK, then there would be no friendly fire....  [edited]realism, this is no sim.

Nice tips. Thanks for taking the time to write that up. Don't agree with the team killing team killers, just record/screen shot and report. Don't feed the low life trolls. That's what they want. Better to not kill and report so they'll get banned. War Gaming can't do anything to them if you Tk them. 

And people like you, are exactly the reason this game and community is becoming so damned toxic and disgusting.

Chicken or egg argument...

Is this game toxic because people shoot back at teamkillers without remorse or guilt?  Or is it toxic because teamkillers don't suffer appropriate punishment and as a result get even bolder in their tk efforts?

I had a [edited]Montana driving in front of me over n over today and after I called him on it he tried to nuke me ([edited]went from full hp to zero when he broadsided my gk... but if he hadn't you van be damn sure I would've taken him out).

I only blame the guy who throws the firsr punch in a fight... never the guy who throws the second punch.

As far as I'm concerned, regardless of whether or not you're green or red to me, the moment you intentionally shoot at me, you are part of the enemy team.

Dude, lighten up. It's not like the OP is going out of his way to entice PK, more like making a point of how it upsets him when those situations happen. Everyone hates those guys that torp indiscriminately and get their allies dead, SPECIALLY after they blame it on the victim and act all snobbish about it.

Like, why do people like to start stuff up over silly things? Oh well. That's the way the world works I guess. Pretty sad.

Dude, lighten up. It's not like the OP is going out of his way to entice PK, more like making a point of how it upsets him when those situations happen. Everyone hates those guys that torp indiscriminately and get their allies dead, SPECIALLY after they blame it on the victim and act all snobbish about it.

Like, why do people like to start stuff up over silly things? Oh well. That's the way the world works I guess. Pretty sad.

I appreciate dat in you!

RULES ARE MENT TO BE FOLLOWED! adhere to the rules or get sent to the gulag!!!

Topic locked due to non-constructive posting and personal attacks.