dem0lsh0r

Truly OFF TOPIC Thread -[REBORN]-

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

462 posts in this topic

Is that a Techmarine?

Indeed it is. Though I would plan to change avatar soon.

Namaste .   :honoring:

Namo Amitabha :)

StrixKitty reminds me of script_kitteh, from the Cassiopeia Quinn webcomics. (Don't look at me that way. I know I'm a nerd.)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Some off topic things to add to this off topic thread:

TMUEqW1.jpg

SyQ9OLl.jpg

Edited by A_Horde_of_Sharks

TMUEqW1.jpg

now that's a woofie tractor mfufu

TMUEqW1.jpg

This must have been developed here

cZOuFkQ.jpg 

People hath forgotten about posting on the ToTT then going to post in the kmaus thread.

But I suppose I have to get at least another post in the 4th? attempt for this thread.

People hath forgotten about posting on the ToTT then going to post in the kmaus thread.

But I suppose I have to get at least another post in the 4th? attempt for this thread.

3rd

Rip again in peperoni

So like with summer coming up my dad said I have to get a job. He said it will instill responsibility in me, I don't know about that since I think I already am pretty responsible PLUS I really had planned on volunteering MORE at the No Kill shelter and this job thing sorta wrecks that. My ex BFF Mandy (the TJ MAXX clothes Queen) says they already have enough positions filled for "stuck up white b*tch", which is pretty hilarious considering she turned down a date (yeah I know OMG some guy asked her out who woulda thought) with a guy ONLY because he was black (racist much Mandy?)

Anyway where was I...oh yeah....job....so I wanted to work for my dad but he said that doesn't count since he works from home and the whole point was for me to be out in "the real world".

So I have few options considering my age and the fact I don't drive yet:

Cashier at some retail place (long as it isn't TJ MAXX)

Fast food (NO WAY!!)

babysitting (kids annoy me to no end but, money is money)

my friend's family car wash. I am leaning towards this because we are all friends and I like the idea of being outside and being around cars plus I am thinking I could wear something cute and get tips and work on my tan at the same time.

thoughts?

Posted (edited) · Report post

" Twas brilig and the slithey toves did gyre and gimbal on the wabe .

All mimsey where the borogoves

and the moam raths outgrabe .

Beware the Jabber wok my son ; the jaws that bite ; the claws that snatch .

Beware the Jub-jub bird and shun the framiuos Bandersnatch !

He took his Vorpal sword in hand ; long time the manxome foe he sought .

And rested he by the Tumtum tree and stood awhile in thought .

And as in uffish thought he stood ; the Jabber wok ; with eyes of flame !

Came wiffling through the tulgy wood and burbled as it came !

One ; two and thru and thru .

The Vorpal blade went snicker snack !

He left it dead and with it's head he went galumphing back .

And hast thou slain the Jabber wok ?

Come to my arms my beamish boy !

Oh callugh calay he chortled in his joy !

Twas brilig and the slithey toves did gyre and gimbal on the wabe .

All mimsey where the borogoves and the moam raths outgrabe .  "

:great:

Edited by Chien_Lu_Anderman

So which melee weapon should I buy for a zombie survival a pick shovel or a tomahawk axe?

So which melee weapon should I buy for a zombie survival a pick shovel or a tomahawk axe?

If the axe can be used for other survival purposes i.e. cutting wood it might be a good choice . But just as a Tomahawk ; not me . If you throw it you are out a weapon until recovered . Where as ; I have seen instruction manuals and training films for combat shovels as close combat weapons and they look very effective .

:unsure:

If the axe can be used for other survival purposes i.e. cutting wood it might be a good choice . But just as a Tomahawk ; not me . If you throw it you are out a weapon until recovered . Where as ; I have seen instruction manuals and training films for combat shovels as close combat weapons and they look very effective .

:unsure:

Hmm I see, combat shovels it is then, through I wanted the cold steel gun stock warclub too, but it's too much of a dedicated close combat weapon /._\\

I have to find a way to transmit information instantaneously from one end of the universe to the other, while keeping it semi-unique and *new*. 

Why? 

Because I'm a writer. Yay \o/. 

I have to find a way to transmit information instantaneously from one end of the universe to the other, while keeping it semi-unique and *new*. 

Why? 

Because I'm a writer. Yay \o/. 

Well, the problem here is that, physically speaking, nothing discovered can travel faster than light, so getting across the universe will take a while. However, I have thought of something for you, loosely-based on the Warp Drive from Star Trek (the most realistic FTL system there is in fiction so-far other than wormholes):

Two-stage FTL communications:

First, a large and extremely dense canister (necessary to generate a curve in space-time) is shot from a cannon mounted on the ship, which contains some sort of warp-field generator. As it departs, you send a regular radio or microwave transmission, which travels at the speed of light, c. However, it is traveling at c in the warp field provided by an object that's moving faster than c (because it is changing the distance)! This way, the signal actually moves much faster than c, so that you can have semi-instantaneous communications. The only problem would be dodging the canister on the receiving end, but that could be mitigated with a pre-programmed self-destruct.

Well, the problem here is that, physically speaking, nothing discovered can travel faster than light, so getting across the universe will take a while. However, I have thought of something for you, loosely-based on the Warp Drive from Star Trek (the most realistic FTL system there is in fiction so-far other than wormholes):

Two-stage FTL communications:

First, a large and extremely dense canister (necessary to generate a curve in space-time) is shot from a cannon mounted on the ship, which contains some sort of warp-field generator. As it departs, you send a regular radio or microwave transmission, which travels at the speed of light, c. However, it is traveling at c in the warp field provided by an object that's moving faster than c (because it is changing the distance)! This way, the signal actually moves much faster than c, so that you can have semi-instantaneous communications. The only problem would be dodging the canister on the receiving end, but that could be mitigated with a pre-programmed self-destruct.

I'm thinking more quantum physics. Kinda what Card did for his Ender's Game books.  

I'm thinking more quantum physics. Kinda what Card did for his Ender's Game books.  

Well, in that case, you can use Tachyon radios.

Oh this kind of thread....that I started back in the early Alpha days of the forum. But reborn

I used to have a link to this thread, let me see if I can still find it.