dem0lsh0r

Truly OFF TOPIC Thread -[REBORN]-

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

457 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Some said it was a myth, others didn't even know.

But there are a select few who know if it's existence, and prophesized its return.

The day of revival hath come.

Edited by dem0lsh0r

So, what do we discuss? We know it can't be anime since we have a thread for that.

Because off topic ≠ No topic...

Pointless thread is pointless.

So, what do we discuss? We know it can't be anime since we have a thread for that.

Because off topic ≠ No topic...

Food? Cool things? Random stuff? Food?

(I'm hungry....)

Food? Cool things? Random stuff? Food?

(I'm hungry....)

I like poutine

XLp26CG.jpg

Don't complain that the curds aren't melting.

Edited by HowitzerBlitzer

I don't believe in faeries... but I know they exist.

I like poutine

XLp26CG.jpg

Oh screw it. Looks like dinner's coming a few hours early for me.

Huh. Maybe we can do something completely random...

I know!

Everyone takes a piece of their nation's constitution and replaces as many words as possible with fruit while remaining grammatically correct!

I'l start with the USA's preamble

Original

We the apples of the United bananas, in Order to form a more perfect  orange, establish mango, insure lemon, provide for the common grape, promote the general apricot, and secure the pears of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this strawberry for the United States of Fruit.

I like poutine

Place Cormier for poutine? Mais non, the best place is La Banquise, open 24h for poutine!

La%20Banquise_zpsdj0f2kcw.jpg

Edited by Stauffenberg44

Huh. Maybe we can do something completely random...

I know!

Everyone takes a piece of their nation's constitution and replaces as many words as possible with fruit while remaining grammatically correct!

I'l start with the USA's preamble

Original

We the apples of the United bananas, in Order to form a more perfect  orange, establish mango, insure lemon, provide for the common grape, promote the general apricot, and secure the pears of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this strawberry for the United States of Fruit.

That was good! :D

You see, I had a nightmare encounter last night.

It was 12 o' clock, I was exhausted from the toils of writing an essay due the next day, Had two cups of hot green tea (2 tablespoons of sugar, of course), so naturally, I had to dispose of some bodily fluids (and keep up with hygiene so that the tooth goblin doesn't come after me). Turning on the lights, I realized I was ambushed. It was a 2v1, with me at the disadvantage. An American cockroach and a Hobo Spider (The odd one was the Hobo Spider; I live in Texas), The American made the first move, moving swiftly towards me as soon as we stared at each other. Luckily, the American decided to skip leg day, so I simply walked past him and we parted ways. I last saw him entering my closet (jokes on him!). The Hobo Spider realized his defeat, so I directed him to the nearest homeless shelter to stay for the night. A baby cockroach was there, perhaps a runaway child on the American's.

I woke up with a new package with lemon(?) toothpaste, spearmint floss, and a big ol' sicker that said "Remember to use mouthwash too!" Don't worry, it wasn't the tooth goblin. I could tell that the American's child had sent it because it liked big ol' stickers.

If WWI and WWII were bar fights: 

FXPtiO8.jpg

5iTw4bD.jpg

Okay, I need to get this off my chest, and this seems to be the place to do it.

As conceived in 1632 by Portuguese printing press operator Andre Felipe, boxing was a gentleman's game, in which two men would square off and regale each other with stories monotonous for days on end, until one of them fell to the ground from boredom or exhaustion. Over the next few years the new sport developed a respectable following of a few hundred local socialites.

Ironically, it was Felipe's son, Andre Felipe Felipe, who developed what he called the “Punching” strategy, in 1637, after seeing a schoolboy strike another in anger, causing him to fall down. When Andre Felipe Felipe challenged the then-champion, British expatriate “Sleepless” Bill Bishop, to a match, Bishop was the odds-on favorite. You can imagine his surprise when, while he was describing what he had had for breakfast that morning, Andre walked up and thumped him in the neck, sending him down “for the count,” in the parlance of our time.

While it was universally agreed that the boy had violated the spirit of the game, officials were unable to find any actual rule that “Punching” violated, and were forced to let the victory stand. This upset caused an uproar in the boxing community large enough to spill over into local newspapers, which drew the interest of many outsiders to come see what all the fuss was about. The newcomers were enthralled to engage in these borderline-barbaric displays of human strength and skill, and the rest is history -- after a few spoilsport schoolmarms single-minded about safety added the padded gloves, of course.

Today's boxing enthusiasts fantasize about a newcomer that would rock the ring the way Felipe did. Calcification of the modern rule set has essentially locked the “Punching” strategy into place, but it's easy to get caught up in the fantasy. Young scholars with big dreams often enter the ring with their crazy new trick, usually a variant of hypnosis, and though they've achieved the occasional victory, none of the gimmicks have been robust enough to make it to the big time.

The real wonder, though, is that Andre Felipe's original vision of boxing is still around! Gentleman's Boxing clubs can be found in cities all over the world. You can visit one most any day of the week and see two erudite gentlemen exchanging pleasantries in the ring. Most people only come to watch a few hours of a match and then leave, but every once in a while you'll find amongst your elders a stout fellow, a die-hard fan, who perhaps witnessed that historic battle between Felipe and Bishop, who for love of the sport must stay to witness the last glorious seconds of wakefulness slip away... only to return to fight again another day.

I think I like this place.

I think. 

FXPtiO8.jpg

5iTw4bD.jpg

Fv461X4.jpg  we read through these last night in a conversation and we were just losing our minds laughing Edited by tcbaker777

It was 12 o' clock, I was exhausted from the toils of writing an essay due the next day, Had two cups of hot green tea (2 tablespoons of sugar, of course), so naturally, I had to dispose of some bodily fluids (and keep up with hygiene so that the tooth goblin doesn't come after me). Turning on the lights, I realized I was ambushed. It was a 2v1, with me at the disadvantage. An American cockroach and a Hobo Spider (The odd one was the Hobo Spider; I live in Texas), The American made the first move, moving swiftly towards me as soon as we stared at each other. Luckily, the American decided to skip leg day, so I simply walked past him and we parted ways. I last saw him entering my closet (jokes on him!). The Hobo Spider realized his defeat, so I directed him to the nearest homeless shelter to stay for the night. A baby cockroach was there, perhaps a runaway child on the American's.

I woke up with a new package with lemon(?) toothpaste, spearmint floss, and a big ol' sicker that said "Remember to use mouthwash too!" Don't worry, it wasn't the tooth goblin. I could tell that the American's child had sent it because it liked big ol' stickers.

The scariest part is when you didn't use 3 tbspns of sugar. 

The scariest part is when you didn't use 3 tbspns of sugar. 

StrixKitty reminds me of script_kitteh, from the Cassiopeia Quinn webcomics. (Don't look at me that way. I know I'm a nerd.)

FXPtiO8.jpg

5iTw4bD.jpg

I think I like this place.

I think.

So far so good .    :honoring:

Many years ago, I remember falling off my 4' tall bed into the door frame.

I do not know if I was dreaming or not.

I'm afraid that one day this will all end, and I'll wake up from a coma...only to know that everyone I know was a figment of my imagination. The family I know now could be completely different, all my close friends, relatives, associates, the restaurants that know who I am, etc. I don't think I could handle that.

Many years ago, I remember falling off my 4' tall bed into the door frame.

I do not know if I was dreaming or not.

I'm afraid that one day this will all end, and I'll wake up from a coma...only to know that everyone I know was a figment of my imagination. The family I know now could be completely different, all my close friends, relatives, associates, the restaurants that know who I am, etc. I don't think I could handle that.

wow...this thread got dark quick.

What is this? 

It's Christmas!  :D

Today was a pretty quiet day for me, I kinda like it or Im used to it. /;^_\\