CaptainLuds

Japanese Carrier planes suck

  • You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

24 posts in this topic

Devs, whats up with Japanese planes. Was wiped out by US carriers today like there is no tomorrow. Planes cannot compete. 

Last time I played a carrier in this state. Pretty [edited]. Especially the Hiryu had the best airplanes of its era. A complete joke. Fix this or go back to school!


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The IJN CVs outperform the US counterparts at almost every tier so you need to learn how to use them effectively. It's not about beating the US fighters head to head. You can dish out way more damage with your strike planes than your opponent.


1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Japanese carrier aircraft suck? /o_\\

all I've hearing is how US CVs don't match up to well against their Japanese counterparts the last several months then this thread come bidding to me that I dreaming... />.\\


1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Play US carriers. By the time you reached Ranger you will be praying for a Japanese one.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At taiho now, haven't had any issue with them personally. 

 

 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Japanese fighters are not the japanese carrier's stregnth, it's flexibilty. You can send more squads of bombers and do more damage. Use the fighters as simply a defense for your bombers, and try to avoid US fighters in general, or lure them over friendly ships. You must adapt and overcome! good luck. :great:

 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even money says he was playing a Saipan and got handed his lunch


1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fighter balance, or really just balance in general, has been screwed since inception basically. Fact is other than MAYBE 9 and 10 where IJN can bring enough fighters to overwhelm USN's or maybe has stats that flip things - 1v1 USN fighters win, sometimes even 1v2. And with how much ammo they can now carry, they can easily just camp outside AA, especially sub 8, and destroy planes as they launch. Their strafe is also 10x effective than IJN's. I build fighters with IJN skills and upgrades and the way it works I'm lucky to buy 15 seconds, and I can only do that so many times till they get a free shot at my attack planes. Truth is that yeah, AS struggles to match damage output 90% of the time, but the ones that can run mix can run rampant, especially where strafe is still allowed to auto delete planes. Fighters and loadouts need a balance change because USN can easily control the skies if it wants, hell without strafe even the strike package has decent survivability against IJN fighters because USN has high durability planes. 

 

That being said - problem with your logic. While Bogue and Zuiho should in no way destroy the A6M's as well as they do with the F3F or any version of the Wildcat, but top end tier 6 and tier 7 are F6F Hellcats, vs the A6M2 and A6M5, which while the A6M5 did bring some parity back to the equation, the F6F was actually very much superior to the A6M2 and the A6M series as a whole which had stagnated after controlling the skies for so long and reached it's peak. However going up after that point, at least of fighters that existed for the most part they are equal tier for tier when you consider pilots of equal skill - as the main reason for USN air dominance after Midway was mostly due to the loss of most of their experienced pilots and not having replacements near as good as they were, as well as the loss of 4 fleet carriers in general.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Play US carriers. By the time you reached Ranger you will be praying for a Japanese one.

 

I do; and so far in all cases I prefer them over the IJN carriers. Even with a stock Ranger I still feel I'm doing better than I do in Hiryu.

 

As a matter of note; I actually prefer the AS Saipan over the Strike; micro reasons or whatever; I have never been able to get good damage out of those supposedly 'unstoppable' T9 torpedo bombers so many people complain about.

 

It's not that I CAN'T do well in Hiryu; I've had great games in it; the main reason I prefer the USN CVs over the IJN, is that the micro needed to do well in the IJN often overwhelms me; unfortunately. With the USN CVs, it's easier to keep track of everything.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When facing a non-AS USN CV, you should be able to win every fighter engagement not over enemy AA. If not, I suggest working on strafe/counter strafe/and whatever you want to call it where you dog fight with one squadron, setup a strafe with the other, and then strafe out of the dog fight.

 

When facing an AS usn CV, patience at the beginning will be key. Let your team soften up enemy AA. Then you can either be in too many places at once for the enemy to be able to attack, or target one ship with planes spread out enough to where they can't get more than one squadron per strafe and don't have enough time to perform all of the necessary strafes.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jpn Cv's are soo freaking powerful, the flexibility and options they have are ridiculous its hard not to win with those load outs, having more planes as  US CV may give you more opportunities but that wont matter if they can sink you making it worthless to try and out last them in plane numbers.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>*Reads OP*

>*Continues scrolling*

>*Stops suddenly*

>*Re-reads OP*

>*Spits Coffee*

>*Laughs Hysterically*

 

db7.jpg


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troll is troll.

 

As an aside... my ratings in IJN vs USN, at each tier.... is astoundingly different; IJN is rated roughly 300 points higher at every tier, per Warships Today. As was stated earlier... don't try for a head to head, fighter on fighter, unless you have friendly AA nearby. USN fighter group will take you, one on one, most of the time... if simply because one group is larger than the other. 

 

IJN shines so much because it has more squadrons, and cross-diving TBs. Use them effectively!

 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2017 at 7:53 AM, RipNuN2 said:

The IJN CVs outperform the US counterparts at almost every tier so you need to learn how to use them effectively. It's not about beating the US fighters head to head. You can dish out way more damage with your strike planes than your opponent.

Ok seriously this is all ive been hearing. Sure the japanese can deal more POTENTIAL damage due to the more strike craft but what is the point if you lose air control in the first minute of the match?Your fighters get wiped trying to protect your bombers on a run and then your bombers get wiped while over friendly cruisers?It is in no way fair.I do more damage by a land slide in american carriers than in japanese carriers


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grimalkin_ said:

Ok seriously this is all ive been hearing. Sure the japanese can deal more POTENTIAL damage due to the more strike craft but what is the point if you lose air control in the first minute of the match?Your fighters get wiped trying to protect your bombers on a run and then your bombers get wiped while over friendly cruisers?It is in no way fair.I do more damage by a land slide in american carriers than in japanese carriers

What ijn CV are you having this issue with? I can understand hosho and zuiho, due to no strafes. Going strike in ryujo can be a little difficult at first. But after that, outside the Saipan, the skies are yours to lose. You live and die by the strafe/threat to strafe, but ijn CVs are amazing.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grimalkin_ said:

Ok seriously this is all ive been hearing. Sure the japanese can deal more POTENTIAL damage due to the more strike craft but what is the point if you lose air control in the first minute of the match?Your fighters get wiped trying to protect your bombers on a run and then your bombers get wiped while over friendly cruisers?It is in no way fair.I do more damage by a land slide in american carriers than in japanese carriers

Then you're doing it wrong.  The first step in carrier versus carrier play is to not be where the enemy fighters are.  Do not seek an engagement.  Find them,  and avoid them.  Strike where they aren't.  Your fighters are a last ditch stall tactic until T7 when you can stop on any USN loadout not AS and you can give AS a run for its money.  

Let me repeat:  Your goal is not air control.  Your goal is sea control.  The only time you should be working over an enemies planes is when you have no other recourse and even then,  only over friendly AA if at all possible.
 

You're...YOU'RE IN A ZUIHO.  Okay,  look,  there is nothing manual right now.  He can't strafe you down.  He can't instantly delete you.  He can bug you.  He can slow you down.  But if you play your cards right, even sort of right,  you're going to bury every single Bogue you come across.

I had a feeling you were in something low level when you talked about being over cruisers and your opponent not losing planes.  Go find a Cleveland or an Omaha.  T5 is the last of the low AA tiers.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

* I have a kaga premium cv , and yu his warplanes are suck, ranger kill all my planes amazing, saipan not mercy with my planes and hiryu is difucult defeat your fighters. kaga need slot 3 as enterprise for up 15% life your planes , becuase imposible defeat a cv usn, ranger with supremacy air, fighters 2x7  T7, saipan 3x4 T9 fighters, hiryu 2x5 Fighters T7,     kaga 2x5 T6 :( is as send A RYUJO VS T8,T9 BATTLES what do there? baltimore erase all , iowa erase all, ikubi erase all, and etc, are T8 and 9, is necessary slot 3 for kaga suvivor planes .

 

*when wg make kaga it was made with 90 planes , why was reduce to 85? this is broken hitorical CV IJN .is called NERF :(

 

*Something interesting that can be added to the Kaga is that it has many secondary guns and has its control systems of shot like the battleships, it is possible to raise the rank of shot in stock with the purpose that when the carrier is attacked with enemy destroyers can Defend with a range of 5 or 6K away.

KAGA AND GRAF ZEPELI IF CAN HAVE BEST RANGE SECONDARIES GUNS

c7xht2tx0aait7y (2).jpg


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

No, Kaga doesn't need any buffs. Its insane alpha damage potential is only kept in check by it having a difficult ti.e controlling airspace against all other CVs.

Edited by cometguy

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2017 at 7:45 PM, Palladia said:

Then you're doing it wrong.  The first step in carrier versus carrier play is to not be where the enemy fighters are.  Do not seek an engagement.  Find them,  and avoid them.  Strike where they aren't.  Your fighters are a last ditch stall tactic until T7 when you can stop on any USN loadout not AS and you can give AS a run for its money.  

Let me repeat:  Your goal is not air control.  Your goal is sea control.  The only time you should be working over an enemies planes is when you have no other recourse and even then,  only over friendly AA if at all possible.
 

You're...YOU'RE IN A ZUIHO.  Okay,  look,  there is nothing manual right now.  He can't strafe you down.  He can't instantly delete you.  He can bug you.  He can slow you down.  But if you play your cards right, even sort of right,  you're going to bury every single Bogue you come across.

I had a feeling you were in something low level when you talked about being over cruisers and your opponent not losing planes.  Go find a Cleveland or an Omaha.  T5 is the last of the low AA tiers.

It was a cleveland and a kirov. And even with manual i still had way better matches damage and all in american carriers even back when i had up to tier 7 and 8 in both lines back in the closed alpha and closed beta


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2017 at 6:51 AM, cometguy said:

No, Kaga doesn't need any buffs. Its insane alpha damage potential is only kept in check by it having a difficult ti.e controlling airspace against all other CVs.

He has his own thread on the subject and will not listen to reason so just ignore him.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.