Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jakajan

Will the Harekaze be competitive?

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

44 posts in this topic

tbh i mostly want the cat captain for my mutsuki

I can see that. I want him for my Shinonome.

Actually crazy fact. Shinonome will have more hp than Harekaze.

Posted (edited) · Report post

even with se?

Actually I was wrong. Harekaze will have 100 more hit points than Shinonome without survival expert, but we are talking about two destroyers  of the same family two tiers apart within around 1k hp of one another. Edited by Jakajan

Kagero has 1800 more hit points

Armor is identical

Firing ranges of stock guns are identical, range of other configurations are unknown

Kagero does 3800 more damage with it's torpedoes and the torpedoes are 5 knots faster, or it can reload 11 seconds faster, optional.

Kagero has better anti air

Harekaze has 1.8 knots faster top speed

Turning circle is identical

Kagero has better rudder shift

Kagero has better concealment by 200 meters with a 6.6km base concealment to Harekaze 6.8km concealment.

So far the in-game gun range is decided by the gun fire control system, unless they add another upgrade, I don't see she has any chance getting longer range.

Harekaze has better AA when equip with 100mm or the USN 5in

The rudder tho.......4.0 for her is kinda.......long. when considering kagero is 2.7, Shiratsuyu at T7 is 3.1, Yugumo at T9 is around 3.5 ?, and Shimakaze at T10 is 3.0 (I already feel Yugumo's is too long. seems like Harekaze will need a rudder mod)

Well, is there any data on the Kagero-class being able to go faster than 35.5kts?(you may not know, but I thought I'd throw the question out anyway) The Wikipedia entry reads that 35.5kts was the designed speed, but looking at the historical info on the WoWs wiki for Kagero and Akatsuki, Kagero has 2,000 more shp, yet Akatsuki can go 2.5kts faster. I'm probably unaware of some hydrodynamics of the hull or overall tonnage or something little like that, but initially it doesn't line up that Kagero is slower with more shp than one of the preceding destroyer classes. I'm just wondering if they achieved higher speeds in sea trials or something, because that could give grounds for her speed to be bumped up slightly as WG doesn't seem to be shy in giving ships their theoretical stats if it helps balance out the ship's performance.

The ~37kts that Harekaze will be able to do should allow her to reach ~40kts with engine boost on, just like Akatsuki. And that's one of the small issues I have with Kagero, she's fine with engine boost running, but she feels too slow with it off.

it's from the extra weight from being built sturdier.

Fubuki-class could all hit 38.0 knots when constructed, including Akatsuki, but after rebuilding to add more hull strength and adding more AA and ASW gear, the original 1,680t displacement was more like 1,900t displacement and the ships could no longer hit 38.0 knots. 35.0 knots was more typical. The 36.5 knots on Hatsuharu was also when it was originally a 1,400t design, rather than what you see in game, which is more around 1,800t and 34.0 knots.

Kagero-class were built sturdier to start with and also to have better cruising range. The one thing they lacked was a better engine, which caused the top speed to only be 35.0 knots. The original requirements called for 36.0 knots. There were also build discrepancies between different ships of the same class. Initial batch of Kagero-class could only hit 34.6 knots, but after some tweaking, some were able to hit 36.0 knots.

As for Harekaze being competitive or not...

I think it has a pretty good chance of being OP, since you get the same concealment specs as Kagero, but you also get 75% of the firepower you get on Akizuki.

And the one thing you don't want Akizuki to do to you, is ambush you at close range when you are broadside, because that RoF and AP hurts a lot.

To that end, Kagero has 5.4km concealment, where as Akizuki is stuck at 5.9km... Yeah, you will be in a world of hurt when the best concealment DD packs fantastic firepower.

Edited by MrDeaf

it's from the extra weight from being built sturdier.

Fubuki-class could all hit 38.0 knots when constructed, including Akatsuki, but after rebuilding to add more hull strength and adding more AA and ASW gear, the original 1,680t displacement was more like 1,900t displacement and the ships could no longer hit 38.0 knots. 35.0 knots was more typical. The 36.5 knots on Hatsuharu was also when it was originally a 1,400t design, rather than what you see in game, which is more around 1,800t and 34.0 knots.

Kagero-class were built sturdier to start with and also to have better cruising range. The one thing they lacked was a better engine, which caused the top speed to only be 35.0 knots. The original requirements called for 36.0 knots. There were also build discrepancies between different ships of the same class. Initial batch of Kagero-class could only hit 34.6 knots, but after some tweaking, some were able to hit 36.0 knots.

As for Harekaze being competitive or not...

I think it has a pretty good chance of being OP, since you get the same concealment specs as Kagero, but you also get 75% of the firepower you get on Akizuki.

And the one thing you don't want Akizuki to do to you, is ambush you at close range when you are broadside, because that RoF and AP hurts a lot.

To that end, Kagero has 5.4km concealment, where as Akizuki is stuck at 5.9km... Yeah, you will be in a world of hurt when the best concealment DD packs fantastic firepower.

Of note if Harekaze comes out as listed her concealment would be 5.6 minimal not 5.4, she would have the A hull Kagero with fire control upgrade. All of this is speculative.

Of note if Harekaze comes out as listed her concealment would be 5.6 minimal not 5.4, she would have the A hull Kagero with fire control upgrade. All of this is speculative.

says 6.8km from screenshots.

you multiply that by 0.81 and it is 5.508km.

I personally wonder how the 5''/54's are going to operate. If they keep that high fire chance. Oh glory!

My Kagero in port without modules has 200 meters less concealment with a concealment score of 91 vs Harekaze 90. The premium ship in port has camo on, as does mine in port indicating the conceal difference.

Yeah it does, but Kagero has a concealment of 6.6 in port with camo on and no modules or captain skills, Harekaze has 6.8 with camo on but no modules or captain skills.

we just have to wait and see that might have been a super early stats have to wait for the ST/CC vids to confirm. 

Fubuki-class could all hit 38.0 knots when constructed, including Akatsuki, but after rebuilding to add more hull strength and adding more AA and ASW gear, the original 1,680t displacement was more like 1,900t displacement and the ships could no longer hit 38.0 knots. 35.0 knots was more typical.

akatsuki had an improved propulsion system over fubuki though

Yeah it does, but Kagero has a concealment of 6.6 in port with camo on and no modules or captain skills, Harekaze has 6.8 with camo on but no modules or captain skills.

even if it was, it's not as bad as you think.

Kagero base concealment: 6.84km

6.84km * 0.97 = 6.6348km

6.84km * 0.81 = 5.5404km = >5.5km

6.84km * 0.7857 = 5.374188km = <5.4km

Δ = 0.166312km

Yugumo base concealment: 7.02km

7.02km * 0.7857 = 5.515614km = >5.5km

akatsuki had an improved propulsion system over fubuki though

No net difference.  Akatsuki's improved boilers resulted in the size of the powerplant being scaled down from 4 boilers to 3 at the expense of each individual unit growing a bit bigger.  The powerplant's total SHP rating certainly didn't change even if the layout did.

Edited by TenguBlade

The most recent rumor that has come out of Asia in last couple days is the Cat Isoruko might be the Captain lol.

Hmm that might be great idea to get transferred to Yamato that way if I am forced to camp in tier 10 I can just use excuse that my Captain is taking a nap :D

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

The most recent rumor that has come out of Asia in last couple days is the Cat Isoruko might be the Captain lol.

it's a very old rumour from at least april, possibly even earlier

they even posted the pic of that cat on reddit, apparently unpacked from some version of the game client

qdusQwS.png

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0