Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jakajan

Will the Harekaze be competitive?

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

44 posts in this topic

I'm posting from my phone right now so I may be brief. But do you all think the Harekaze will be able to hold it's own against the powerhouses of Benson and Akizuki? Much less Z 23?

From what we know Harekaze will have a 36 8 knit top speed. Torps should take 11 seconds longer than Kagero to reload but she will have 3 gun options. Either 3x1 American 54 caliber guns. Stock Kagero guns or 3x2 Akizuki guns but is otherwise a Kagero class DD.

She will have the best speed for her concealment at t8, but some of the worst torpedoes for her tier, outclassed by Z 23 and Benson torps. Her torps might be better than Lo Yang's but I'm not sure.

So competively in ranked say she will be a better spotter and brawler than Kagero and some people would call that pay to win but to be frank Kagero is sort of bad.. anyway I gotta go. Let me know if your thoughts. 

I thought Harekaze's torpedoes were Kagero's stock torpedoes, which are the top torpedoes on Akatsuki. If that's the case, then they should reload slightly faster than a fully upgraded Kagero, but would have slightly worse speed and total damage, and have worse detection.

I'd wager that Harekaze will be competitive. With the Akizuki guns or the USN 5"/54s, plus Akatsuki's torps and Kagero's concealment, should make for a deadly package. Having a higher base speed than Kagero(36.8kts is what Kagero gets with a speed flag) should help as well, since Harekaze will only have stock Kagero HP.

I only kind of hope that Kagero gets some QoL buffs, like a speed buff, so Harekaze doesn't simply outclass Kagero since Harekaze will have way better gun options.

for some reason in the show the Harekaze was the fastest ship in her class due to having experimental engines. 

Wait, what is Harekaze?  Is this a premium ship or something?  I've not heard it announced or even rumored for the game.

Wait, what is Harekaze?  Is this a premium ship or something?  I've not heard it announced or even rumored for the game.

It's not in game nor has it been "officially" announced. It's a new Premium for the High School Fleet collab that's presumably happening SoonTM

As far as anyone can tell, it's a Kagero hull with some funny guns.

It was officially announced. Also its gameplay was showed off in the Mikasa museum in Japan. It should be released about the time as the high school fleet ova, blue ray sales, May 24th

Is it going to be a Kagero with an ARP-like ship with special commanders, or will it actually be a Japanese-line premium ship that Japanese captains can transfer in and out of?

That part is less clear. There will be a cat captain from the anime named Isoroku who can train on the high school fleet ships and any IJN ship. But I'm not sure if the high school fleet girls can go to any IJN ship or vice versa.

But Harekaze is rumored to have a 100 percent bonus exp camofauge m

On the. Anime the Harekaze was a fleet training ship so it makes some sense.

It was officially announced. Also its gameplay was showed off in the Mikasa museum in Japan. It should be released about the time as the high school fleet ova, blue ray sales, May 24th

Hmm, I was going to say I wouldn't call it "official" 'til it's called out on the NA website, but looking at the post from a few weeks back, they have been called out. So I take it back, they are official:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/born-2-b-kawaii-ld/

Graf Spee is also supposed to be released again with the Harekaze.

Yep and the release date is stated for the same as the blue ray date. I'm guessing 1 week into the Hood sale.

I'm going to predict the premium release schedule.

May 17 to 18th Hood

May 24th high school fleet Harekaze and speed

May 31rst or June 1rst Kaga

This way history buffs and anime fans and sky cancer will all be happy.

Posted (edited) · Report post

for some reason in the show the Harekaze was the fastest ship in her class due to having experimental engines. 

Well, is there any data on the Kagero-class being able to go faster than 35.5kts?(you may not know, but I thought I'd throw the question out anyway) The Wikipedia entry reads that 35.5kts was the designed speed, but looking at the historical info on the WoWs wiki for Kagero and Akatsuki, Kagero has 2,000 more shp, yet Akatsuki can go 2.5kts faster. I'm probably unaware of some hydrodynamics of the hull or overall tonnage or something little like that, but initially it doesn't line up that Kagero is slower with more shp than one of the preceding destroyer classes. I'm just wondering if they achieved higher speeds in sea trials or something, because that could give grounds for her speed to be bumped up slightly as WG doesn't seem to be shy in giving ships their theoretical stats if it helps balance out the ship's performance.

The ~37kts that Harekaze will be able to do should allow her to reach ~40kts with engine boost on, just like Akatsuki. And that's one of the small issues I have with Kagero, she's fine with engine boost running, but she feels too slow with it off.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Well Harekaze had a experimental engine in the anime being the justification for her speed, sort of like how Shimakaze had an experimental engine.

Well Harekaze had a experimental engine in the anime being the justification for her speed, sort of like how Shimakaze had an experimental engine.

Aye, I understand that Johnston was referring to the show, but I was talking about regular Kagero.

As it stands right now, Harekaze is looking to be much better than Kagero, even with the 'flaws and drawbacks' compared to a fully upgraded Kagero. I wouldn't want to see Kagero overshadowed by a premium(especially one that so easily triggers some people), and would love to see her get at least a speed buff to remain roughly on par with Harekaze.

I think they are using the overboost max speed as normal cruising speed.

In the show, didn't they try to shy away from max speed at times because they'd worry if the engines would take the stress?  Been awhile since I binge watched it.  Wonder if they'd do a special consumable like WOT does for the Soviets.  Speed boost but damages the engine after awhile lol. 

yes in the show the engine kept giving them trouble AKA why they were so late on the first episode was that they broke down and had to stop and fix it.

yes in the show the engine kept giving them trouble AKA why they were so late on the first episode was that they broke down and had to stop and fix it.

The Harekaze's gimmick is a 100% chance of having the engine taken out :trollface:

it's a premium ship so she is likely to be made p2w strong for the upcoming ranked which mostly likely is t8

I'm posting from my phone right now so I may be brief. But do you all think the Harekaze will be able to hold it's own against the powerhouses of Benson and Akizuki? Much less Z 23?

From what we know Harekaze will have a 36 8 knit top speed. Torps should take 11 seconds longer than Kagero to reload but she will have 3 gun options. Either 3x1 American 54 caliber guns. Stock Kagero guns or 3x2 Akizuki guns but is otherwise a Kagero class DD.

She will have the best speed for her concealment at t8, but some of the worst torpedoes for her tier, outclassed by Z 23 and Benson torps. Her torps might be better than Lo Yang's but I'm not sure.

So competively in ranked say she will be a better spotter and brawler than Kagero and some people would call that pay to win but to be frank Kagero is sort of bad.. anyway I gotta go. Let me know if your thoughts. 

see what i mean. she is already going to be a better kagero but for the consumers it is not enough...

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty

Yeah, to me it points out how bad of a situation IJN DD's are in still at this point, the fact that Harekaze is better than a standard Kagero but still not competitive is kind of amazing to me. I think the reason why Lo Yang has weaker torps actually than Benson is somewhat because they can't nerf Lo Yang torps if they wanted to so they low balled her to be safe.

So let me go over a few things.

Benson has more hit points than Harekaze

Benson has better torpedoes than Harekaze

Benson has more overall gun power than Harekaze

Benson has a tighter turning radius

Benson has a greater top speed

Harekaze has 200 meters more stealth than Benson

Harekaze has more stern firepower than Benson

Harekaze will have better gun arcs than Benson

Am I missing anythng much here?

Edited by Jakajan

BTW the Harekaze has the type 90 mod 1 torpedoes but instead of Kagero's 101 second reload time she has a 112 second reload time on them, here is an image of it.

https://twitter.com/Mierapid23/status/850914844391817216/photo/1

Also here is some telling information on Harekaze, she looks to have worse concealment than a Kagero by 200 meters. Rough. You can see her concealment value with camo in port is 91, while Kagero's is 90 with camo on.

ZvRTg5P.jpg

tGIbUsB.jpg

Edited by Jakajan

So now, in summary if you compare the Kagero to Harekaze and you go down the entire line using this one image mind you, this is using the stock IJN 127mm guns too which may or may not be the best configuration. Also keeping in mind the image is a month old and may or may not have changed. Probably has? though I have not seen much news on this topic from the usual sources.

Kagero has 1800 more hit points

Armor is identical

Firing ranges of stock guns are identical, range of other configurations are unknown

Kagero does 3800 more damage with it's torpedoes and the torpedoes are 5 knots faster, or it can reload 11 seconds faster, optional.

Kagero has better anti air

Harekaze has 1.8 knots faster top speed

Turning circle is identical

Kagero has better rudder shift

Kagero has better concealment by 200 meters with a 6.6km base concealment to Harekaze 6.8km concealment.

Assuming both ships are stock with no modules installed of course, the captain listed has no skills trained.

So, basically the Harekaze will be a Kagero but faster, with better guns, in exchange for being squishier, less agile, with weaker torpedoes and a hare (pun intended) worse stealth. Am I missing anything?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0