Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Herr_Reitz

random battle carriers - can bots drive em?

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

9 posts in this topic

Sometimes you almost have to call a player out to find out if there's really a person there, you know? 

Anyone know for sure if there are bots for carriers at tier X? Our carrier went to the far southeast corner, turned so it's bow was pointing to the NW and sat there. Fair enough. It ignored ideal targets closer than others. One was a yammy between islands who - though dying - was far from dead. It eventually spotted two of our last three ships who got hammered by the opposing forces. Had the carrier torped the yammy, it would not have spotted the ships - a major shift in the match would have happened. 

As the match winds down the carrier's aircraft start circling around it; DB, TB and fighters. This was like the last two or three minutes of the match... when the aircraft could have assisted, they did not. They just circled the carrier. 

It started out of the corner about a minute before the match would be over... encountered a few red aircraft, turned around and went right back into the corner. 

So - is there any way of determining if a carrier is a bot or just a player who does not respond to chat? tiafyc

You would be shocked how bad some players are, and they are players.

I think we all know who was driving that CV

I was playing a tier 7 match, we were way ahead, and our Colo had 363 HP left.

So naturally he moves into the enemy cap and begins shooting at the enemy New Mexico, who is at half health but 14K away.

New Mex Shoots, Colo dies, we lose major cap points.

All he had to do was sit there for 56 seconds.

Start taking screenshots of the team. Note who the opposing carrier is, keep watching and printing team screens, look for odd coincidences.....:teethhappy:

Begin to understand why some players, particularly carrier players can play so badly they seem like they are actually helping the opposite team.....:trollface:

You would be shocked how bad some players are, and they are players.

I think we all know who was driving that CV

Huehuehuehur; Warship memes :3

Look up the term 'Double Agent'.

This is where someone is using an old account, or one where the user quit.

Two computers..  Two screens.. Synchronized Start.. Can see both sides of the battle.

A CV is easy to play badly -- or in this case, only for the enemy team intel.  The described instance shows extreme laziness -- didn't even try to show activity.

I have screen shots, but...  naming-shaming...

Look up the term 'Double Agent'.

This is where someone is using an old account, or one where the user quit.

Two computers..  Two screens.. Synchronized Start.. Can see both sides of the battle.

A CV is easy to play badly -- or in this case, only for the enemy team intel.  The described instance shows extreme laziness -- didn't even try to show activity.

I have screen shots, but...  naming-shaming...

So this is a real thing then eh... not just folks imagining... I could see it would be relatively easy to do... 

I think, OP, you saw a CV player who just can't play a CV properly. I see these CV clowns who run to a corner or to a far edge or 'anchoring' behind an island thinking they will survive longer. They might do so but they also greatly subtract from their usefulness by having their planes take long turn arounds.  &, yes, there are high tier CVs who inexplicably play this way.

Maybe, they could be a Bot - there can be Bot BBs, Cs & DDs too, btw.

Me? All my CVs are almost always running at high speed - even my Bogue, lol. I also have a Hosho (so I can call it my 'Ho'), a Hiryu & an Essex.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0