Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrentD15

Jurien's Secondaries?

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone else noticed those small guns on the French Tier II cruiser Jurien? These seem to be the 47mm and 37mm guns.

Why don't they function as secondary guns?

Wg doesnt make secondaries active below a certain caliber. TBH they are so small and would be so short ranged in game as to be ineffective against other ships.

Mikasa has a few of those as well, Emden does as well, Albany does as well. See what I mean?

Mikasa has a few of those as well, Emden does as well, Albany does as well. See what I mean?

Wg doesnt make secondaries active below a certain caliber. TBH they are so small and would be so short ranged in game as to be ineffective against other ships.

Understood.

Oddly enough, even Danae has one per side if you look closely enough at her in-game model. 

Those guns are only good against wooden ships and slow-moving aircraft (maybe).

Those guns are only good against wooden ships and slow-moving aircraft (maybe).

Or modern paper-armor ships.

Yeah, there's a limit to what's allowed. The smallest secondary guns in the game to my knowledge are 76mm.

Oddly enough, even Danae has one per side if you look closely enough at her in-game model. 

Not Danae. 

Does anyone else noticed those small guns on the French Tier II cruiser Jurien? These seem to be the 47mm and 37mm guns.

Why don't they function as secondary guns?

Essentially, by the time that the game period represents, 37mm, 47mm & 57mm (and some other less common calibres) were obsolete as anti ship weapons, specifically lethality against torpedo boats. They were replaced by guns of 65mm & up

Posted (edited) · Report post

Not Danae. 

Essentially, by the time that the game period represents, 37mm, 47mm & 57mm (and some other less common calibres) were obsolete as anti ship weapons, specifically lethality against torpedo boats. They were replaced by guns of 65mm & up

No, I specifically looked. They are there, but they are so dinky you could easily mistake them for a cable or something. There's 2 per side, and they are mounted on the deck, but have a boat stored above them. Edited by legoboy0401

I believe the cutoff for secondary guns is 85mm, although WG has been known to go lower for some low-tier ships if HE shells historically existed for them.

I believe the cutoff for secondary guns is 85mm, although WG has been known to go lower for some low-tier ships if HE shells historically existed for them.

Furutaka is mid-Tier and has 76.2mm guns on her A-Hull that also work as Secondaries. Fusou with the now removed A-Hull had those guns as well.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0