Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iris_

Z-52: How many torpedoes can we fit in that tiny ship?

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Damage saturation mechanics 

130454179838.jpg

"Great AA!" - wargaming

Edited by Iris_

Pretty good RNG though, knowing me, none of those torpedoes would cause flooding against a DD for some reason. I remember a Russian DD taking three torpedo hits from two of my squadrons spaced out and surviving because lol 0 flooding on a small ship.

2x4

rof is 0.67

game is 20 min

2 x 4x 0.67 x 20

so 107.2

also need to adjust for commander skills.

How is that damage saturation? The torpedoes went on both sides of that destroyer.

Holy crap...at least you got it though. With your usual RNG he'd have gotten away on 1hp. 

How is that damage saturation? The torpedoes went on both sides of that destroyer.

The guy ate 6 Torpedoes.

6 Can kill a Minotaur! 

The last 4 torps did less damage than the first 2!

Damage saturation for torpedo needs to be changed, a ship should never be "immune to torpedo" just because the section is flooded.

Damage saturation for torpedo needs to be changed, a ship should never be "immune to torpedo" just because the section is flooded.

Yeah I learned this the hard way to an Iowa.  Put a full spread into her but she was angled to me and many went into her belt.  I thought that should sink her but to my amazement she survived and me at under 5K had that "Oh $hit" moment "run away, run away!" :)

Pretty good RNG though, knowing me, none of those torpedoes would cause flooding against a DD for some reason. I remember a Russian DD taking three torpedo hits from two of my squadrons spaced out and surviving because lol 0 flooding on a small ship.

Bow hits with torpedoes usually guarantee flooding, Stern hits usually guarantee either rudder/ engine, flooding or a combination of the 3.

I have put 6 torps in a Nicholas and had it live; damage saturation is a bad joke which needs to be removed.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0