Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Iris_

Z-52: How many torpedoes can we fit in that tiny ship?

10 comments in this topic

Iris_    60

Damage saturation mechanics 

130454179838.jpg

"Great AA!" - wargaming

Edited by Iris_

Stonehammers    125

Pretty good RNG though, knowing me, none of those torpedoes would cause flooding against a DD for some reason. I remember a Russian DD taking three torpedo hits from two of my squadrons spaced out and surviving because lol 0 flooding on a small ship.

madgiecool    180

2x4

rof is 0.67

game is 20 min

2 x 4x 0.67 x 20

so 107.2

also need to adjust for commander skills.

mmfullen    109

Holy crap...at least you got it though. With your usual RNG he'd have gotten away on 1hp. 

Iris_    60

How is that damage saturation? The torpedoes went on both sides of that destroyer.

The guy ate 6 Torpedoes.

6 Can kill a Minotaur! 

The last 4 torps did less damage than the first 2!

Iris_    60

Damage saturation for torpedo needs to be changed, a ship should never be "immune to torpedo" just because the section is flooded.

Siegewolf    81

Damage saturation for torpedo needs to be changed, a ship should never be "immune to torpedo" just because the section is flooded.

Yeah I learned this the hard way to an Iowa.  Put a full spread into her but she was angled to me and many went into her belt.  I thought that should sink her but to my amazement she survived and me at under 5K had that "Oh $hit" moment "run away, run away!" :)

Iris_    60

Pretty good RNG though, knowing me, none of those torpedoes would cause flooding against a DD for some reason. I remember a Russian DD taking three torpedo hits from two of my squadrons spaced out and surviving because lol 0 flooding on a small ship.

Bow hits with torpedoes usually guarantee flooding, Stern hits usually guarantee either rudder/ engine, flooding or a combination of the 3.

Umikami    1,181

I have put 6 torps in a Nicholas and had it live; damage saturation is a bad joke which needs to be removed.

Sign in to follow this