Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CptJackSparrowed

WTB BB long range dispersion nerf

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I would love to see a dispersion nerf to battleships where > 12 km they get a dispersion of perhaps, I don't know, a kilometer. Should promote some interesting play.

Also, implementing it is not that bad either. Linear dispersion till 12km, and exponential after.

Edited by CptJackSparrowed

Why is this a good idea?

My idea of a battleship is a tanky armored ship that takes the heat, while the little guys run around doing their business. Currently the idea of battleships is to let destroyers and cruisers tank, while they attempt long range snipes. I believe 12km range is far enough away to avoid torpedo threats, and close enough to where they can serve their purpose and take some damage instead of worrying about how their 60k hp ship got a scratch on it.

I'm disliking the current passive gameplay meta. Games take too long and depend on which side loses its patience and pushes in first.

Wasn't there a nerf to their dispersion while attacking DDs within the past two patches?

If so, it aint working. :teethhappy:

Hm...plays mostly CVs and CAs, with IJN DDs slotted in between; not even more than 80 battles in any ship tech tree ship, but with 8 T8s and a T9; and mediocre-to-bad performances in all battleships.

Sounds to me like OP got deservedly whacked and wants it not to happen again.  What's also funny is that the battleships who feel the class' inaccuracy worst at range (the Germans) are also his worst performers tier-for-tier.

Edited by TenguBlade

You see, the problem with a statement like that is that you have not seen my games. I try to be the tank in most if not all of them, primarily because I do not like being passive. More often than not, this leads to an early death. I believe this is what you happen to call being "whacked".

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy picking on battleships that are further back on my CV all the time. In fact I focus on them primarily. As far as playing more CAs and CVs go, there are just a lot more CA trees to grind, and I am grinding everything at the same time.

If your post attempts to claim CAs and CVs will gain an advantage from aggressive BB play, it is quite the contrary. BBs are much harder to hit when they are playing with their team, than they are on the backlines.

Again, this is just my thought on promoting aggressive BB play. Hopefully I am not the only person tired of the passiveness especially in higher tiers. The ships are slow enough and the game is long enough as it is.

BBs are overpowered.

Edited by Zero_Kelvin

Hm...plays mostly CVs and CAs, with IJN DDs slotted in between; not even more than 80 battles in any ship tech tree ship, but with 8 T8s and a T9; and mediocre-to-bad performances in all battleships.

Sounds to me like OP got deservedly whacked and wants it not to happen again.  What's also funny is that the battleships who feel the class' inaccuracy worst at range (the Germans) are also his worst performers tier-for-tier.

H'm, I thought he was maybe trying to encourage BB brawling. But apparently not. Yeah, no. The last thing BBs need is a dispersion nerf. The Germans wouldn't be able to hit anything, and the rest wouldn't be far behind. BB dispersion is OK right now, if you're stupid with your ship, the BB will delete you. If you can use your WASD keys, then you can easily dodge BB shells over 12km (well, most, depends how you classify the Moskva).

I would love to see a dispersion nerf to battleships where > 12 km they get a dispersion of perhaps, I don't know, a kilometer. Should promote some interesting play.

Also, implementing it is not that bad either. Linear dispersion till 12km, and exponential after.

hahahahahahahaha........ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH  

You'd have to nerf cruiser dispersion or HE too. All cruisers would do is just sit back and lob HE more than they already do now. Then you have even a more standoff style of play.

Hey, wasn't the OP the guy in the Cleveland that I paddled with my NC, with 2 citadels for all of his health?

Don't sail broadside-on to a T8 BB in a T6 cruiser, dude.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0