IJN_Yamato_BB17

The USS Albany

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

28 posts in this topic

Hey Wargaming can you please sell the USS Albany on the North American Server?

I would be a buyer also!

I already have a cleaned up skin for it.

I already have it, and it's a pretty bad ship. Still better than the Katori, though.

It'll probably get given away at some point, or given as a "special" prize. But sold? for real cash money? <shudders>

I already have it, and it's a pretty bad ship. Still better than the Katori, though.

​I wouldn't be buying it because it's an OP ship, but as the sole veteran of the Spanish American War, it's sort of a must have.  Sides, she looks really cool in her White cammo :)

It'll probably get given away at some point, or given as a "special" prize. But sold? for real cash money? <shudders>

Well they sold it on the EU server for around 2 euros a long while back. Not sure why they can not sell it on the NA server for a few bucks. Sure it is a crappy ship to play but she is beautiful. Personally I like the low tier premium ships, they are fun to play. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

​I wouldn't be buying it because it's an OP ship, but as the sole veteran of the Spanish American War, it's sort of a must have.  Sides, she looks really cool in her White cammo :)

I really enjoy mine. No, it doesn't up-tier well, but I manage a 53% win rate in it. . . . Edited by Moonrider

Albany is one of the most beautiful ships in the game;

sadly, it is also one of the most difficult to perform well in.

But it IS beautiful.

Got it for free back in the day, when the promo code "Albany" still worked.

Soon™*

:hiding:

*Soon™ is a registered trademark of WarGaming Inc. and is not meant to imply action on the part of WarGaming Inc. or its affiliates on any matter.  Soon™ encompasses the time-frame between tomorrow and the heat-death of the universe, and neither WarGaming Inc. nor any of its affiliates take any responsibility or make any guarantees or warranties, expressed or implied, that any products, services, or alterations to existing products or services whose introduction time-frame has been listed as Soon™ will ever be introduced within the lifespan of any persons currently extant.  All rights reserved.

Any inquiries as to the exact copyright status of Soon™ and its usage may be addressed to WarGaming Support, where they will be handled Later™.

It was very bad initially with barely over 8 km gun range.  She got a buff to range since, however, and isn't nearly as painful now.

Albany is one of the most beautiful ships in the game;

sadly, it is also one of the most difficult to perform well in.

But it IS beautiful.

Yes, she is quite stunning.  That pretty white paint with gold paint trim, and those long, black guns bristling out everywhere...very nice.

Got it for free back in the day, when the promo code "Albany" still worked.

Yeah, it was for WG's anniversary or something, as I recall.  When her gun range was 8 km I hated her and sold her.  I knew she was pretty and may be rare, so I regretted the sale, submitted a ticket, and thankfully got her back.  I do enjoy taking her out now and then...

Albany is a really powerful ship in the hands of a seal clubber.  Powerful AP, nice manuvering.

Soon™

please no.  I like owning her, i feel special

Totally Unrelated, Pigeon_of_War, I've seen you in-game several times, and your name always makes me chuckle.  Just thought you were some random player, I never realized that you worked as a producer for WarGaming.  Good name choice by the way.

Haha, the Albany can be a fun little boat, it is most certainly anything but OP, yet for those willing to try to work within her abilities she can certainly perform sometimes.  Probably one of the benchmarks of UP premiums.

Soon™

Okay pigeon, i shall be watching. Also when are those steam punk ships going to be put on sale ?

Soon™

i see your soon tm Pigeon, but i got one for you that'll work better

Avk91m3.png  use this my man, and for you it be free

Edited by tcbaker777

please no.  I like owning her, i feel special

She is the last ship I need.

It goes for about $8.00 on the Russian WoWs website, $7.40 to be exact.

Thank you Pigeon_of_War.

Edited by rustydawg