Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Silver_kun

Regarding the Hunt for Bismarck campaign

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

21 posts in this topic

I completed a few missions of the Hunt for Bismarck campaign in the public test server and have a question regarding the minimum ship tier requirement. Can WG decide to increase this requirement from tier V to tier VI or tier VII when they release the event on the live server and also wanted to know how much time people would have to invest on average considering a mediocre RNG to get all the 24 tokens for the "Bismarck- from the bottom of the ocean" camo?

Can WG decide to increase this requirement from tier V to tier VI or tier VII when they release the event on the live server

why?

M

Can WG decide to increase this requirement from tier V to tier VI or tier VII

The higher up they go, the less I'll care about doing the event.

I was going to suggest the exact opposite and ask to lower to tier IV.  The Clash of the Elements contest showed that a lot of new players were playing above their abilities. At tier 5 these players often played up against tier 7 opponents.  This is a lose/lose situation.  The new player feels useless, and the team they're on needs to work harder to compensate.  At Tier IV, there is favorable MM and means that the new players would never face tier 6 (fail division aside.)

why?

M

Maybe they think the event is not hard enough, I mean look at what they did for CoE, I would hate it if they would increase the tier requirement   

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was going to suggest the exact opposite and ask to lower to tier IV.  The Clash of the Elements contest showed that a lot of new players were playing above their abilities. At tier 5 these players often played up against tier 7 opponents.  This is a lose/lose situation.  The new player feels useless, and the team they're on needs to work harder to compensate.  At Tier IV, there is favorable MM and means that the new players would never face tier 6 (fail division aside.)

True, i was not suggesting they increase the requirement, just wondering whether they could do it to make the event more hard Edited by Silver_kun

Maybe they think the event is not hard enough, I mean look at what they did for CoE, I would hate it if they would increase the tier requirement   

The notes for Test Server said that the requirements for completing the missions on the PT server were significantly reduced, but I doubt that means the tier of ship..  just more damage/whatever and stars needed for each leg..  after all, on the PT you only needed 3 starts to advance..  the usual for these things is 7 to 8 stars to advance for each leg.

M

Edited by MaliceA4Thought

Thanks, did not know about the patch notes

The notes for Test Server said that the requirements for completing the missions on the PT server were significantly reduced, but I doubt that means the tier of ship..  just more damage/whatever and stars needed for each leg..  after all, on the PT you only needed 3 starts to advance..  the usual for these things is 7 to 8 stars to advance for each leg.

M

I think I read that the pins were increases up to the quantity of the Hood or something missions, the reduced pins allowing to get through in test server time.

But they are giving a tier 8 ships, and a fun/powerful one at that.  I think that Tier VI requirement isnt a bad thing, but it does take a bit to get from five to six.

It will take quite some time to get up to stage 7[edited] then, I just hope RNG favors me and I am able to get the 24 tokens

Edited by Silver_kun

It will take quite some time to get up to stage 8 then, I just hope RNG favors me and I am able to get the 24 tokens

That is going to be the big one I can see happening if RNG.  It would be a shame if somebody really does play their mouse off only to lose outdue to RNG giving an abnormal level of duplicates.  that said, the number of containers and their accessibility leads me to thing that it won't be so bad.  Might be more difficult for some than others, but the quantity you get, plus RNG plus am sure WG has some sort of protection I hope means this won't be an issue.

I hope so, The 24 token camo reward and stage 4 camo reward are pretty much all i want, I haven`t bought the Bismarck but i am halfway complete in case of exp, so i could get it after some more work and credit grinding, but then again for the tokens I am sure I will have to reach stage 7[edited], also i think they will increase the star reward per mission so would not be that hard.

Edited by Silver_kun

does anyone want to tell him test server rewards do not transfer to the game server

does anyone want to tell him test server rewards do not transfer to the game server

I know that :P I am talking about when it will come to the live server, in the live server i am halfway to Bismarck from Gneisenau on the tech tree, and I was saying that when it comes to the live server they might increase the number of stars you get per mission and on the live server I will have to reach stage 7[edited], I have played Public test before, I think i cleared the misunderstanding. Edited by Silver_kun

I think some people missed the point of public test servers about the importance of pre-launch feedback.  It is why fire and water was not a success in creating enthusiasm amongst the player base.  However, this thread is good feedback.  Time and discussion well in advance for people to say what they like, what they dont like and others to counter.  

Increased pin cost per level on launch is what WG must really be careful on.  They need to choose what milestones they want players to reach. Hit, damage, flags and such, then tally them up.  Compare to what the median/mean values are for active players in the same time period.  Decide what is reasonable for an above average playing a normal level of time per week.  Try to set up for that.  It will get peeps playing a bit more hoping to get there.

The current system of the tokens in the containers are good, I got very few duplicates as of yet and I also like the final missions, just cause 120,000 damage, simple and not something it will take you long to do.

There is also the mystery part as well.  Duplicates earn keys.  And what the keys unlock is not accessible.

There is also the mystery part as well.  Duplicates earn keys.  And what the keys unlock is not accessible.

Yeah, I noticed another thing, they have already made places for more collections, so that might be a sign of more campaigns or events with the token system, Would love it if they had more of these often.

Edited by Silver_kun

Yeah, I noticed another thing, they have already made places for more collections, so that might be a sign of more campaigns or events with the token system, Would love it if they had more of these often.

If they do another fire and water event, I hope it will be this combined with ranked mechanics of sorts.  Have it so water teams water, fire teams fire.  Then it goes to victors!  Earn medallions and such for good play.

I got the conquest camo and wanted to know after the Public test server is wiped and 0.6 is released will we lose the permanent camo(s) we got through the Hunt for Bismarck(P.T.S) event because I would like to have the camo(s) even on the public test server if I ever want to play Bismarck.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0