Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay247

BB's need stealth mode upgrade to counter smokes

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

34 posts in this topic

I think a upgrade that would drastically drop your detection range for a period of time would be a nice added feature.  It could also limit your firing range as well as a draw back of sort.  I think with so many ships having smoke and the amount of ships that run into the smoke can be an issue at time.  I know there is radar, but those ships have to be in the game and also in position to be able to assist which isnt the case most of the time.  

That was 0.6.3.

If you didn't notice, before that patch almost all BBs had their firing detection range all the way out over their firing range.

Plus, you still can put Concealment Expert on your BB if you want to have better concealment.

Uh, getting down to surprise-buttsex level of spotting range isn't good enough?

remember, all buttsex is surprise buttsex

As a frequent BB player...no. No no no no no no no no no.

No. Never. BBs can already hide and shoot in smoke at unreasonable distances. DDs have already been under-powered against them by many-fold. For the love of God, no.

Dear BB Players,

You guys need to reign in some of your wayward members:teethhappy:

If I could without receiving a ban that I probably can't talk my way out of, I would...

I thought this was about giving BBs the stealth mod (bad enough)

OP, first, you're describing a consumable, one that's kind of useless. BBs have armor and HP, the point is kind of to be hit so the rest of your team isn't. In addition, some BBs already have stupid good concealment, and everyone is trying concealment lately.

I wish my BBs could pull cruiser level surprise buttsex, that would be so broken.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Oh yes please Nerf to DD's more and boost the battleships good idea oh wait they already did that over Andover Andover Andover Andover Andover Andover Andover

Edited by silverdahc

Oh yes please Nerf to DD's more and boost the battleships good idea oh wait they already did that over Andover Andover Andover Andover Andover Andover Andover

Don't think you're much better, you sound just as incoherent and idiotic as him.  The stupidity is the problem here; the message is just a symptom.

Edited by TenguBlade

I think a upgrade that would drastically drop your detection range for a period of time would be a nice added feature.  It could also limit your firing range as well as a draw back of sort.  I think with so many ships having smoke and the amount of ships that run into the smoke can be an issue at time.  I know there is radar, but those ships have to be in the game and also in position to be able to assist which isnt the case most of the time.  

so you are not happy tget needed detection ranges on torpedoes.

You are not happy they neutered the IJN guns when the split came out.

You are not happy the eliminated any POSSIBLE OPEN WATER STEALTH fire.

No you the pansy BB player want something to negate smoke...

Like hydro on a BB?

OR radar on a BB?

WHY DON'T YOU JUST COME OUT AND SAY YOU WANT DESTROYERS GONE?

I'm sorry if I sound idiotic  but it's the same story once a week for 2 years.

Make battleships better er

Why this game has become a game of battleships might as well give them radar sonar torpedos smoke super fast Rudders super fast engines smoke then what's the need for any other ship in the game they just do it all

And we can get rid of all the annoying Cruisers and destroyers and just play battleships so fun

Oh your right they don't have smoke yet,,,,,but I bet it will soon

Edited by silverdahc

Oh wait I forgot they have repair to

truly that's one thing I don't understand why either All Ships should have or no ships have

I dont think that BBs need a stealth mod, im more to the idea of capping smoke CLs to 1 per side, if not, in the case of prem RN built CLs like cheatfast that can HE spam from smoke im more akin to making them have a swappable module like saipan for aircrews to trade HE shells for smoke. no ship larger than a DD should have both. kutuzov included.( and im saying that as a kutuzov owner) i hate having matches where a combination of 3 of  fiji/belfast and atlanta/flint all perma camp under a smoke cloud the entire game and just spray fires everywhere. either that or give all ships smoke to negate the CL smoke CLs advantage at smoke camping the whole game, since anything with a smokestack that floated in WWII could make a smoke screen, since all it took was changing the fuel/air mixture to make the ships exhaust smoke thick and dirty. let alone that alot of ships, BB included carried chemical smoke launchers.

Edited by Destroyer_Atlanta

I spent the entire Clash of elements event playing BB, nothing but BB during the grind. It was a very educational experience. I'm still playing them to get more BB games under my belt.

I have to say....NO....to this. BB don't need this. They don't need this at all.

However, I would like to see a mechanic for all ships, where, after X seconds, you "break contact": that is, your detection range returns to Normal time.

I dont think that BBs need a stealth mod, im more to the idea of capping smoke CLs to 1 per side, if not, in the case of prem RN built CLs like cheatfast that can HE spam from smoke im more akin to making them have a swappable module like saipan for aircrews to trade HE shells for smoke. no ship larger than a DD should have both. kutuzov included.( and im saying that as a kutuzov owner) i hate having matches where a combination of 3 of  fiji/belfast and atlanta/flint all perma camp under a smoke cloud the entire game and just spray fires everywhere. either that or give all ships smoke to negate the CL smoke CLs advantage at smoke camping the whole game, since anything with a smokestack that floated in WWII could make a smoke screen, since all it took was changing the fuel/air mixture to make the ships exhaust smoke thick and dirty. let alone that alot of ships, BB included carried chemical smoke launchers.

What he said ^^^^^^^

In my opinion , give every class the capability they had when in commission 

OP you make my brain hurt. What you want is already in game, it's called going "quiet on the guns", a.k.a. STOP SHOOTING.

Try spending more time in a mid to high cruiser that isn't Cleveland, and count the number of "oh [censored], a battlewagon, I'm way too [censored] close" moments you have as a stealth spec BB pops up under 13km and opens fire (at your exposed broadside because you had no idea he was there and you were making sure you didn't give the guy you saw any good shots at you) as you were happily blazing away at his buds 15+ km away. After you do that get back with us as to whether or not you wish to amend your statement here.

I think we need to put a periscope on them then they also can be the submarines that we all don't want in the game

And I must admit I am bias 

I've seen way too many buffs to every ship except the Destroyers which I love to play making me sour to anything that's not fixing this game more

See I used to be a true blue water sailor and I know true ships don't act like anything like this game

Edited by silverdahc

Considering it's his first post...he's probably just trolling us for reactions. :trollface:

No I understand he might be trolling I do that myself from time to time

But it's a point I do like to talk about assuming that everybody will break out stat books on armor emplacement and gun speeds and turret rotation and ect ect but has anybody looked up turning radius  or acceleration factors or stopping factors I don't think so

I'm sure nobody's ever heard anybody say "that thing turns like a battleship" or man that thing" stops like a battleship"

it's not a good thing

Truly soon as that Battleship even thinks about coming over the horizon I see it

Edited by silverdahc

Where is my invisibility consumable for my BB?  I want to be able to go around without being detected, sneak up on that DD and blast him point blank and he never knew I was there.  Or cap with immunity of being spotted.  Oh, yeah, and the ability to spot anyone on the map with a range and accuracy to match.  :trollface:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0