Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bruinsmasher

Efficient ships

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

9 posts in this topic

I started keeping a log of my results, not all games but a random sampling mostly of the games where I don't get immediately destroyed. Also, there are times when I'm trying to get containers and I don't stay until battle's end to get my numbers. My sheet has these parameters:

Ship

weight          (Survivability points)

type  (DD, DA, BB or CV)

damage (Damage points I scored)

W score (Damage/weight) I consider doing damage = my weight to be my minimal goal. (Kongo should do 54K damage or I sucked) 54/54=1

$ score (Net credits/weight) Earning 100k credits with a DD is harder than with a CV (for me, according to these stats, anyway)

W/L    (Battle won or lost)

Credits

XP     

FXP   

NET CREDITS (Credits –total cost)       

service         

ammo

camo 

total COST (Cost of Service, ammo and camo)

Basically I am counting efficiency by considering how much damage I do, based on the ship (weight) and How much I earn based on the ship.

I base the W SCORE on damage given and the ship's weight because clearly The Colorado or any CV can dole out as much damage in 1 average salvo than a Mahan can (since the average Mahan salvo is not landing multiple torps).

$ score is also important because it yielded interesting results! I have a fleet of mostly Tier V-VI with lower-level Frog ships and a couple of VIIIs.

AGAIN, These are random samples from decent battles; strategy and situation are not considered (Yes, we all do better when 4 of us are facing only 1 of them. I usually beat most AFKs, too!)

BEST FIGHTERS: My best W scores (double weight damage or better) are my CVs (Indy then Zuihu -- average damage: 2.78 times my weight, not counting my horrible games) -- but also a T-22, Friant (twice) and a Duguay-Trouin

BIGGEST EARNERS: My best Net credits come from my 2 CVs (Indy then Zuihu) BUT CVs cost a lot to service (but not as much as Mahan or Colorado)

BEST NET EARNERS ($ score): Hatsuharu! then T-22, Zuihu then Indy, Caveat: I don't use Camo on CVs (saving 22500 credits every battle). I figure CVs are going down once they are spotted, so a little extra concealment and shell dispersal won't make much difference (Love to hear discussion on that).

WORST NET EARNERS: Mahan, Colorado and New Mexico. Why is Mahan (42k) so much more to service than Hatsuharu (23k)? 1 Colorado result: 81k damage, 157k credits, won the battle, but netted only 75k Net credits.

I will start another thread about earning credits. I don't get why a losing Indy (doling 66k damage) earns more than a winning Zuihu (doling 72k damage)

No responses? I thought this information would be interesting to someone...

It helps me to decide where to hang signals for reduces service cost (why save 10% on T-22, Mitsuki and other <20k service costs when Mahan and Colorado set you back 65-85k?)

It helps me to decide which ships to use when I need something fast. If I only have time to earn 1 container, I want to get my 2000 points ASAP, not waste time with lower-scoring ships (or BBs that usually require the entire game time).

It helps me know which ships to keep or sell. As I said, Hatsuharu is my best earner and I will keep her even after I level up.

It's not possible to account for it, because earning is based on percentage of health and tiers of ships, both Tier of earner and the targeted enemy ship. Best earners are higher tier ships that can delete destroyers.

It's not possible to account for it, because earning is based on percentage of health and tiers of ships, both Tier of earner and the targeted enemy ship. Best earners are higher tier ships that can delete destroyers.

Suppose I have 30-60 minutes to play today. I want to earn container #1 or I need to earn some credits to buy a ship while it is still on sale. Doesn't it help to know which ship in my fleet produces best for me?  Not necessarily an efficiency issue, efficiency is more of a gauge of which ships produce for less which, to me, is a measure of my own skill. I am obviously tuned in to the Hatsuharu and play her better than most of my other ships.

I played a Colorado last night and couldn't believe I missed the first 5 salvos. Shells visibly landing all around the ship on both sides. "How does that shot miss???" I kept asking!

A lousy 24k damage and a win, but 81k credits earned, 81.5k credits spent. Not good.

earning is based on percentage of health and tiers of ships

Examples, please. Are you talking about earning credits, XP or both?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Let's say you play Colorado, and you see Atago close by and another Colorado next to him. If you want to earn more, who do you shoot? You shoot Atago, because it is higher tier then you, and that will net you more credits. In addition, if you hit him with couple of good shots, you will take off 20000 in health.

Now, if you play in Hatsuharu, and same scenario happens, if you target Atago, you will probably miss. So you decide to torp slow Colorado, and you hit him with couple of torpedos for 20000 health. Will it earn the same?

No, because even though the damage is the same, percentage of health that you took from Atago is much more. This is why you can't go around keeping logs, because in every match, you will be hitting ships of different tiers, taking off different percentage of their health, and it just becomes a mess to keep track off.

Most efficient ships for making money are premiums, then ships around T6 and T7 because they can deal damage, and repairs are only 20 and 40k IIRC. Of course, from those, the best ones are the ones you play the best with.

On the other hand, XP is more heavily influenced by objectives and team play. If you cap, you will get more then if you do not, for example.

Edited by PROVOKKATOR

This is why you can't go around keeping logs

AHA! But if i didn't start keeping logs, then I never would have asked the questions that brought your nice pieces of information to my screen!!! LOL, Thanks for the good info!

And again, I don't waste India Bravo Terrathree (-10% to the cost of the ship's post-battle service) on all my ships, just the expensive post-battle service boats.

I can't keep track of which ships are at which tier, yet. (Nor can i keep track of which ships have great AA!) I have enough problems hitting ships that I think I target perfectly or having ships disappear just as my reload hits 5-4-3- disappear!

Or my fav: Being a BB that has no visible DD or plane anywhere near and I get slammed with 3-6 torps with no warning (4 pings).

Anyway, considering i usually just shoot the closest target and/or the biggest threat regardless of point values i can potentially earn, My chart definitely shows that I am consistently earning more from Hatsuharu and my CVs, And considering how much I hate my BB firing a salvo that looks dead on, yet misses (over and over) and how little i earn from them, I know now to just play my BBs as a last resort.

For earning credits and XP I play my Alabama (soon Missouri too). Premium ships make more than regular TT ships so I use those if I need money badly.

Posted (edited) · Report post

AHA! But if i didn't start keeping logs, then I never would have asked the questions that brought your nice pieces of information to my screen!!! LOL, Thanks for the good info!

And again, I don't waste India Bravo Terrathree (-10% to the cost of the ship's post-battle service) on all my ships, just the expensive post-battle service boats.

I can't keep track of which ships are at which tier, yet. (Nor can i keep track of which ships have great AA!) I have enough problems hitting ships that I think I target perfectly or having ships disappear just as my reload hits 5-4-3- disappear!

Or my fav: Being a BB that has no visible DD or plane anywhere near and I get slammed with 3-6 torps with no warning (4 pings).

Anyway, considering i usually just shoot the closest target and/or the biggest threat regardless of point values i can potentially earn, My chart definitely shows that I am consistently earning more from Hatsuharu and my CVs, And considering how much I hate my BB firing a salvo that looks dead on, yet misses (over and over) and how little i earn from them, I know now to just play my BBs as a last resort.

Just use the flag on Colorado, Mahan, and Sims. Repairs on them are around 40 000 plus ammunition. Your other ships don't need it, as they should be 20 000 plus ammo or even less than that. Typically, you should be making profit until T8, when it becomes very difficult, and 9 and 10 can't make steady profit at all.

As for play, if no one has told yet, there are guides on youtube how to improve aim and general play, and tips on specific ships, and how they play the best.

Edited by PROVOKKATOR

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0