A_Horde_of_Sharks

I've finally found a use for the Bismarck

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

27 posts in this topic

Huh, never thought of using this build, good post! :great:

:trollface:

what you gonna buy now with that extra $ feria?

The urge to sell mine is growing...

I moved my commander up the tech tree already, and haven't really started another. With Tirpitz getting the secondary buff...I can plop my 19 pointer into it and go have fun. Win/Win

what you gonna buy now with that extra $ feria?

He got the FDG, and he loves it far more than Bismarck.

I moved my commander up the tech tree already, and haven't really started another. With Tirpitz getting the secondary buff...I can plop my 19 pointer into it and go have fun. Win/Win

^^ that's actually a very good point. Maybe one day I'll have a Tirpitz of my own. *sigh*

He got the FDG, and he loves it far more than Bismarck.

Oh sweet! I'm keeping mine tho, cant wait to get the camo from the upcoming Campaign.

I finally get to enjoy a good main armament on the Friedrich.  With the reload module it has better dpm, penetration, and a higher caliber.  On top of that, the guns seem to have far better dispersion.  Heck it even has a choice of two guns, wow.

For the main guns,

Friedrich >>>>>>>>>>>>> Bismarck

Someone is selling the best Tier 8 BB everybody.

Posted (edited) · Report post

If you can't make the Bismarck work, you flat out don't need to be playing this game.    

Edited by Shadowrigger1

Keep her for Ranked or Clan Wars.  In competitive, hydro > torps and will always be, so Bismarck won't be completely obsolete until they give Tirpitz hydro.

In Randoms and Co-op though, torpedoes are more useful because they punish stupidity hard and there is a lot of it.

Edited by TenguBlade

Keep her for Ranked or Clan Wars.  In competitive, hydro > torps and will always be, so Bismarck won't be completely obsolete until they give Tirpitz hydro.

In Randoms and Co-op though, torpedoes are more useful because they punish stupidity hard and there is a lot of it.

Now the only difference between the two sisters is hydro v. torpo. I don't think upping the Tirpitz's secondary battery range was a good idea, but oh well.

Now the only difference between the two sisters is hydro v. torpo. I don't think upping the Tirpitz's secondary battery range was a good idea, but oh well.

She needed some sort of increase.  4.5km base range is a figure not seen past T5 for any nation.  7km was overkill but a lot of proposals called for an increase to between 5 and 6km.

Both for competitive and random battles, the best T8 BB is NOT the Bismarck. It's the NC (Excellent guns, great AA). Second best, likely the Amagi, due to tough armor and good guns. The Bismarck is third, only because of hydro. Of course, Tirpitz is dead last, in competitive. Purely in PvP (Randoms), it's probably like this: NC/AL > Amagi > Tirpitz > Bismarck.

Increasing the secondaries I'm gonna suggest was also a financial move. I picked it up on gamersgate @ 50% off normal price just before the buff. Nope, don't feel dirty at all. 

I finally get to enjoy a good main armament on the Friedrich.  With the reload module it has better dpm, penetration, and a higher caliber.  On top of that, the guns seem to have far better dispersion.  Heck it even has a choice of two guns, wow.

For the main guns,

Friedrich >>>>>>>>>>>>> Bismarck

the fdg felt like less of an upgrade to me because the fdg sees t10 opponents more often than the bismarck.

those bigger guns are really the one thing the fdg does better than the bismarck, and it just didn't feel like those bigger guns were sufficient compensation to make up for the ship's weaknesses when it faced off against other t9's and t10's.

now the gk on the other hand i love, as that really feels like a big upgrade from the fdg.  the gk is a ship where i can really tell the difference between t9 and t10.  that's a ship that when i drive it, i know it belongs at the tier its at.  with the fdg, i feel like if it was at t8 instead of t9, it would be only a negligible difference.

gk at t10 = balanced.  gk at t9 = overpowered.  fdg at t9 = slightly underpowered.  fdg at t8 = slightly overpowered.  course that's just my opinion.

Edited by Shadeylark

Well, I can't say I fault you for your feelings about the Bismarck - Zoup posted a video expressing a similar sentiment (...w/ the Tirpitz secondary buff...why?)

Personally, I have both the Tirpitz & Bismarck and plan on keeping both - here's why:

- I'm a history buff so...(& I have the port slots...:))

- The Tirpitz & Bismarck used to play differently (torps vs. secondaries), now the Bismarck is the Tirpitz w/o torps, both are still great ships & fun to play.

- Doing the Bismarck campaign for the credits & cammo (unlocking/unlocked 7 Tier 10s in Apr/May & need to pay for them).  Cammo gives you additional XP the Bismarck so having another daily bonus ship w/ an additional bonus AND is fun to play isn't a bad thing.

Currently playing (& enjoying) the FDG greatly and plan on keeping her as well when I unlock the GK.  I just found the KM BBs a hoot to play so I kept the Tier VII & higher (tho I also have the Bayern from the Santas Convoy missions - funny thing is I think of myself as more a Cruiser player (but play all 3 gun/torp ship types)....

Edited by hangglide42

On a related note...   

I have yet to figure out WHY... the 127mm secondary turrets on the entire USN line are nerfed to hell....    

The irony is that he'll complete the "Hunt for Bismarck" Campaign and get it back!

The irony is that he'll complete the "Hunt for Bismarck" Campaign and get it back!

and will get less money if he kept it untill he completed the campaign.

I agree.

I even go one step further.  Taking tier into account, she is the best in tier among all tiers.

I agree.

I even go one step further.  Taking tier into account, she is the best in tier among all tiers.

Negative Ghostrider. . . . that belongs to Scharnhorst.  But Bismarck is a close second.

The real question is. . . with the Tirpitz range buff, should I bother keeping Bismarck anymore?