You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonymised

Calling out players who have helped you in a match.

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,684 posts
20,008 battles

Lots of negativity in the game at the moment, for good reason too. But lets change that tack.

Tonight, I was second last alive in my Perth (once again) with 3 kills and 130k damage (again) and I had a sole Mutsuki for a team mate. He provided me excellent spotting support and was very good at communicating and we held out as long as we could.

So user Happy_Bread, thanks and all the best for your future matches.

• Cool 7

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts

Wow, to be honest there are lots of games where people Captaining all classes have helped me.

Usually thank them in game and give out karma. :honoring:

• Cool 1

[BONKS]
Members
1,738 posts
19,968 battles

I always compliment DD's who smoke me when I try to support them at the cap. Sadly, this is becoming rarer and rarer to see... 

Members
515 posts
306 battles

Things like this are why this game is so much better than WoT excluding the mechanics. The community is freaking gold.

[TDD]
Members
1,236 posts
9,516 battles

yeah I hand out the good Karma when ever i get helped or just see a good player doing their thing will try to jot down names and add them here in the future

:)

[WOLF2]
Members
484 posts
5,301 battles

Things like this are why this game is so much better than WoT excluding the mechanics. The community is freaking gold.

I mean, this game is more team based, you have to play as a team.  In WoT you can solo carry as a red shitter in a Type 5 HE spam but in WoWs you have to work together since there are very few OP ships.

Members
515 posts
306 battles

I mean, this game is more team based, you have to play as a team.  In WoT you can solo carry as a red shitter in a Type 5 HE spam but in WoWs you have to work together since there are very few OP ships.

The Type 5 thing is true. Sometimes an obscene carry is possible in WoT- I once did an absolutely INSANE carry with the aid of an AMX 48 while I got 9 kills in a baby derp M2 Medium, but still.

WoWs is superior because of the teamwork, which encourages a healthier community.

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,973 posts
13,112 battles

Most of the toxic players you see here are people that used to be just as toxic in tanks, luckily there aren't many.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

HMCS_Calgary in his Min gave me some close fire support while I was capping in my Gearing. 

Always love it when Cruisers give me fire support for smoke <3

Thanks bud! 

Members
38 posts
2,322 battles

Saw that lil notice after a battle about being complimented, but I can't see who was it from? Assumed it was from a bismack I smoked up after he found himself slightly focused and gave him time to put out some fires and heal up a bit. Which made me wonder.. The reason we can't see those is why we can't see who reported you as well.. 

Also, what's the point of having those? From my old wot days, and people whining on forums about getting their lil feelings hurt after someone was perhaps telling them that they suck and they felt such 'toxic' behavior demanded a support ticket, also seeing other snowflakes encouraging them to screenshot and send it a ticket.... having that option to 'report' a player instantly is brilliant..

I figured it's to cut down on support tix, gives a pillow biter instant satisfaction, thinking that reporting does anything; which it absolutely doesn't; and is a win for wg as it drastically cuts down on dealing with tickets from whiners instead of people who actually need support help dealing with real issues.

[OTG]
Beta Testers
593 posts
10,764 battles

Damn I cant remember his/her name Capt Deed? I think???? They were in a Scharny and I in my 'Rado just last night.   I like to play aggressive and brawl,  when our team turned tail and ran (impossible to do in a 'Rado) he stuck with me and we drove the enemy back.  All the way until it was me him against a red Scharn and Nagato on the enemy cap.  He capped it out while I went to get the DD that was reseting us.  I ended up with Dreadnaught, Fireproof, and over 100k in damage.  If it wasnt for him taking the pressure off of me I would surely have perished.

:honoring:

[RICO5]
Members
3,273 posts
7,504 battles

I do it all the time.  Good to shout out.  In fact I am on my way to do it now.

[-N-]
Members
2,288 posts
15,955 battles

Was a couple months ago, I was in my Colorado, on the Neighbors map, Cagri007 call to us USN battle ships to follow him in the Bis and off we went in a standard battle to the 3 Islands at the south east side of the map (believe that is the SE) and took the others teams base and won listening to him.  We had them running back at us and we just sat there in their base and took turns firing on the first thing that came into range. Needless to say thanks to him it was a route.  Got to spend and afternoon in division with him and learned a lot.

Edited by gcangel82

Members
1,684 posts
20,008 battles

I haven't seen him on here before, but user raccoon29 had one of the most tactically sound games I've ever seen in a Pensacola tonight. He just did what he wanted, sunk 4 ships and never even looked like dying. Props to him - that is a difficult thing to achieve. I was playing DD 4km in front of our force and he was flanking and he just wrecked people, won us the game. Thanks!

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Cadmis. Killed 4 in Mutsu and carried our team.

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

I F4 a lot.  And I give out karma.  But sometimes I get so wrapped up in the game I forget the karma.  So apologies to all those who help me and didn't get the karma you deserved.

As a side note, has anyone ever recommended a stat for WG that identifies when you were the benefactor of someone's smoke.  Just a list of ships (enemy too!!!) where you were in the smoke created by that ship.  If it doesn't require too much overhead, time in smoke would be nice too.  But just the fact you used someone's smoke would be fine.

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

I had a really toxic moment from myself last night, and turned myself pink in a battle with Lady Jess on the other side.

A DD called for help, and he wasn't in visual range of anyone, but there was a Shima near by. So I go to help him, and he smokes up far from me and sits in smoke. I'm now spotted and getting pounded by BBs from either side, and dodging Shima torps. Yet the guy is sitting in smoke, doing nothing. I started begging him, nothing. So I shot him. And then he responds getting mad, and I ask him to please help, and please spot because I came to help like he asked. Nothing, no response, just sitting in smoke, not firing, not torps, nothing.

So I shot him again, no response, and I'm nearly dead, so I got really really angry, and blasted the guy until I turned pink, before I died, and laid into him in chat (not with any bad language). Now I've never shot a team mate like that, but I had just had it. I was trying to stop being overly aggressive last night, a bad habit I've begun to develop, but I always try to help team mates in need. I was super mad that this guy asked for help, and then proceeded to get his help killed, and act like a butthead the entire time, while literally doing nothing.

The fact of the matter is he didn't need help. He wasn't spotted, the Shima was too far away, and no other ship was in 14km of him. He could have smoked up and sat there, which was completely not needed to start with, and been just fine without me coming to help an getting sunk. I was mad, and all I knew was that if I wasn't getting out of this alive, he wasn't either.

If I'm in a DD, and I beg for help, you best believe I will risk everything I have to scout, and smoke my help, and give them every chance they need to live and help out me and the team. It just blew me away that the guy could do that to me. 

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

I F4 a lot.  And I give out karma.  But sometimes I get so wrapped up in the game I forget the karma.  So apologies to all those who help me and didn't get the karma you deserved.

As a side note, has anyone ever recommended a stat for WG that identifies when you were the benefactor of someone's smoke.  Just a list of ships (enemy too!!!) where you were in the smoke created by that ship.  If it doesn't require too much overhead, time in smoke would be nice too.  But just the fact you used someone's smoke would be fine.

Yeah, I always try to use all my positive Karma by the end of the day. I usually succeed, but sometimes I don't. I wish positive Karma was unlimited, but you could only give someone +1 every game.

[SEOP]
Members
1,566 posts
12,597 battles

I like my DDs and I typically do a lot more smoking of friendly ships in trouble than I do for myself.   I particularly love smoking up friendly Atlantas that are aggressive about supporting DDs early in a match.

I follow it up with either passive spotting out side of my smoke or spotting and shooting -- dependent upon the situation.  I'd say I get a thanks in chat about 50 to 60% of the time.  That's more than enough encouragement for me.  

Conversely with WoT -- it always seemed pretty rare for folks to acknowledge anything positive a team mate might be doing.  Calling out something negative seems to be WoT SOP.  

Members
899 posts
4,261 battles

I played BBs and DDs in the Campaigns yesterday, and did exceptionally well. I mean exponentially better than usual. Usually sinking 3-4 ships in most matches. I got called out and good karma'd twice in DDs. I was very happy, as nobody ever did that for me before (to my knowledge). I will make a conscious effort to do the same now for others.

Members
1,684 posts
20,008 battles

This is going to hurt, big time. But, I am going to compliment some CV players I have had recently. I hate CV's and what they've done/do to this game, but 2 players worth mentioning.

CptJackSparrowed I think his name is? On my team a week or so back in his Ranger. We had 2 Rangers in that game, and they worked very well together. But I think Sparrowed got a kraken and he was all over it.

Tonight I was smoked up in my Z46 and had a fletcher in the area. Scores were around 800 a piece, and it was getting down to the last few ships. I screamed to our CV to spot, and he used his DB to spot the Fletcher rushing my smoke. I popped Hydro and sunk him.

That move, along with his other work during the game won us the match - well done hardstone79 and a very big thank you. That made 5 wins in a row in the Z-46 and I went to bed a happy camper.

Coincidentally the red CV for that game got a kraken and was also very, very good. MJCav - outstanding, I hope to have you as a team mate one day.

• Cool 1